EAGLES AT HOKIES 01-23-10-- GAMEDAY THREAD AND SCORE GUESS

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: EAGLES AT HOKIES 01-23-10-- GAMEDAY THREAD AND SCORE GUESS

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Is it too late to send Trapani back to Vermont? Way to follow up the Miami game Joe.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:43 pm

That's a tough loss to swallow. Refs were horrible down the stretch and VT got lucky as well.

Jump ball my ass. VT fouled him 3 times on that inbounds play. ZERO consistency by the refs. That's a foul and BC shoots free throws to end the game.

fucking horrible.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:44 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Brilliant execution.

Solid bench play today. Without those contributions BC loses by 9-11.

Agreed. Although Al stuck with the NO OFFENSE lineup for about 3-4 too many minutes.

We have been stuck with Al 3-4 years too many.

Yawn. Wake me when you have something interesting.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bcfan85 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Doesn't matter what sport or coach, BC always finds a way to lose.
bcfan85
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:45 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:That's a tough loss to swallow. Refs were horrible down the stretch and VT got lucky as well.

Jump ball my ass. VT fouled him 3 times on that inbounds play. ZERO consistency by the refs. That's a foul and BC shoots free throws to end the game.

fucking horrible.

the refs were horrible, but BC brought that particular play on themselves with a horrible inbounds pass a foot from the baseline. The worse call was the non-call on the travel on the last basket.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm

bcfan85 {l Wrote}:Doesn't matter what sport or coach, BC always finds a way to lose.

That's stupid, I've seen a bunch of games where BC has won by under 3 points, including the 1pt Miami win earlier this year.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMcG on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 pm

The end of that game was complete horseshit. The fix is in.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:56 pm

bcfan85 {l Wrote}:Doesn't matter what sport or coach, BC always finds a way to lose.

Never has a poster added less to a message board than you do consistently.

The problem with this team is that it's something different each night that fucks us over, be in bad defense, crappy shooting, turnovers, coaching, etc. We got screwed by some awful officiating today which didn't help matters, but maybe if we didn't turn the ball over so many times it wouldn't be an issue.

With Clemson, FSU and Duke coming up, this about to go from bad (2-4) to really bad (2-7)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:01 pm

I won't lie, that was frustrating as shit, but I saw some good things today. Don't think they can solve the main problem (I'm looking at you Biko Paris) but some consistent play from Trapani and Sanders would go a long way in games like today.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I won't lie, that was frustrating as shit, but I saw some good things today. Don't think they can solve the main problem (I'm looking at you Biko Paris) but some consistent play from Trapani and Sanders would go a long way in games like today.

Biko didn't lose the game so much, he just doesn't do a lot to help you win either. Sanders or Trapani play well, we win that game going away.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Wait, the main problem is Biko Paris? Are you fucking kidding me?

Not Sanders dropping in ppg, rpg, increasing in turnovers and fg% dropping by 10%?

Seriously, you must be related to Sanders.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bobcarrington on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:15 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Wait, the main problem is Biko Paris? Are you fucking kidding me?

Not Sanders dropping in ppg, rpg, increasing in turnovers and fg% dropping by 10%?

Who cares which of them has been even worse than the other? Both Rakim and Biko have sucked all year.

And they have been the two biggest reasons for the team's failure.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:20 pm

I spent an entire thread crapping on the play of Sanders and Trapani today. All of that said, the problem with those two is not playing well. The problem with Biko is the fact that he doesn't have one ounce of basketball talent, playing the most important position on the floor. Can't shoot, can't dribble much, is a liability against a press, misses layups on those rare occasions that he gets to hole, and most importantly, does absolutely nothing to make the players on his team get some open shots. This team is all about 5 guys trying to create shots and that is entirely on the PG, or lack thereof.

I thought Biko Paris could run this team and distribute the rock. I was wrong.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:25 pm

2 turnovers as your last plays is not good.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:26 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Wait, the main problem is Biko Paris? Are you fucking kidding me?

I have to agree here. Paris hasn't really been the issue. The problems are Sanders and Trapani (ex. for the Miami game). Without those two playing well, we're destined for 2-14 in the ACC. Which must make Miami feel really good that they lost to this awful team, twice.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I spent an entire thread crapping on the play of Sanders and Trapani today. All of that said, the problem with those two is not playing well. The problem with Biko is the fact that he doesn't have one ounce of basketball talent, playing the most important position on the floor. Can't shoot, can't dribble much, is a liability against a press, misses layups on those rare occasions that he gets to hole, and most importantly, does absolutely nothing to make the players on his team get some open shots. This team is all about 5 guys trying to create shots and that is entirely on the PG, or lack thereof.

I thought Biko Paris could run this team and distribute the rock. I was wrong.

we agree 100% on this. When you don't have a PG, the other players are all forced to create completely on their own. That is a recipe for disaster.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I have to agree here. Paris hasn't really been the issue. The problems are Sanders and Trapani (ex. for the Miami game). Without those two playing well, we're destined for 2-14 in the ACC. Which must make Miami feel really good that they lost to this awful team, twice.

Those guys aren't playing well. But that is not in a complete vacuum - they rarely get any easy buckets because BC plays with NO point guard. Those two could play a lot better, and BC might win games like today, but as a Wake Forest fan watching BC play the other day said, "this team is killed by the fact that they don't have even a mediocre PG on the roster to help them get some easy shots. Every shot is either a three or a tough shot."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:34 pm

And yes, not recruiting a PG is Al's fault.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If you think not having an adequate point guard isn't an issue you're not watching the same game as everyone else. It is an adventure bringing up the ball and then it is even more pathetic to watch this team struggle in its offense without the direction of someone, who can handle the ball and distribute it. Otherwise you're right, Biko is not the problem.
Last edited by GreenvilleEagle on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And yes, not recruiting a PG is Al's fault.

is heslip a true PG? If not, we are in trouble next year too, because jackson is not fit to play the point.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:59 pm

I've got bad news for you: Biko Paris is going to be the PG next season of this team. Heslip seems to have a decent handle and is a great shooter from what I've seen.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And yes, not recruiting a PG is Al's fault.

is heslip a true PG? If not, we are in trouble next year too, because jackson is not fit to play the point.

I don't know. He claims to be able to run the point, but I will believe it when I see it. He is definitely a shooter, which would help, but I agree, unless he can also run the show, we are in trouble.

My hope is that with the development of Elmore this season and the influx of a three players, Al will decide that he is deep enough to run and press. BC doesn't have any great ball handlers, but they do have a ton of guys that are competent enough to handle in the open court on the break. That could help hide the PG problem.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:09 pm

I understand the importance of a PG, but he's not the reason Rakim's chucking up bombs that he can't make instead of driving to the hoop or posting up. I think the 2 pts. he got today was a result of the first post up move he's done all season.

Rakim not living up to expectations and not giving a damn is the main reason this team has sucked.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:12 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I understand the importance of a PG, but he's not the reason Rakim's chucking up bombs that he can't make instead of driving to the hoop or posting up. I think the 2 pts. he got today was a result of the first post up move he's done all season.

Rakim not living up to expectations and not giving a damn is the main reason this team has sucked.

Why did they suck for the half of the games he didn't play? Why has Trapani sucked? Why has Raji disappeared again?

There is no dispute that Sanders has not stepped up, and has in fact regressed. But no more than any of the other big players. When that happens, you immediately look to the PG. If you can find him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:I understand the importance of a PG, but he's not the reason Rakim's chucking up bombs that he can't make instead of driving to the hoop or posting up. I think the 2 pts. he got today was a result of the first post up move he's done all season.

Why did they suck for the half of the games he didn't play? Why has Trapani sucked? Why has Raji disappeared again?

There is no dispute that Sanders has not stepped up, and has in fact regressed. But no more than any of the other big players. When that happens, you immediately look to the PG. If you can find him.

Yes he has regressed more than any other of the big players. In a big way.

Raji has never appeared, so I don't know how you could say he disappeared "again".

Trapani has not been great, but he's putting up the same numbers as last year.

Paris has not been great but the only player who has not put up the same or better numbers as last year is Rakim. It's largely on Rakim, then its on Biko/Trap. He has been a shell of what he used to be and could have been.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:26 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yes he has regressed more than any other of the big players. In a big way.

Raji has never appeared, so I don't know how you could say he disappeared "again".

Trapani has not been great, but he's putting up the same numbers as last year.

Paris has not been great but the only player who has not put up the same or better numbers as last year is Rakim. It's largely on Rakim, then its on Biko/Trap. He has been a shell of what he used to be and could have been.

I have watched all but 3 of the games. Trapani is putting up the same numbers with 8 times as many shots. Like I said, you can hate on Sanders all you want, and some of it is well deserved, and he should be the star of this team and is not, but the problem with this team is clearly the fact that they play with 4 players - no PG. A PG can't get away with just kind of being out there and sort of contributing.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:37 pm

I get depressed and angry everytime I read this forum.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bobcarrington on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I have watched all but 3 of the games. Trapani is putting up the same numbers with 8 times as many shots. Like I said, you can hate on Sanders all you want, and some of it is well deserved, and he should be the star of this team and is not, but the problem with this team is clearly the fact that they play with 4 players - no PG. A PG can't get away with just kind of being out there and sort of contributing.

I agree completely that Biko has been awful and the lack of a PG hurts everyone.

But I don't get this continued attempt to minimize Sanders' shocking decline by lumping him in with others and then trying to claim that they've all regressed comparably.

Trapani isn't taking 8 times as many shots to score the same points; his FG% has barely budged -- from 43.3% to 43.1%. The guy has weaknesses, but he hasn't regressed in any way remotely comparable to Sanders from last year to this. He's scoring more points, getting more rebounds and assists and shooting effectvely the same as he did last year -- all of this with a crappy PG.
bobcarrington
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:59 pm

bobcarrington {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I have watched all but 3 of the games. Trapani is putting up the same numbers with 8 times as many shots. Like I said, you can hate on Sanders all you want, and some of it is well deserved, and he should be the star of this team and is not, but the problem with this team is clearly the fact that they play with 4 players - no PG. A PG can't get away with just kind of being out there and sort of contributing.

I agree completely that Biko has been awful and the lack of a PG hurts everyone.

But I don't get this continued attempt to minimize Sanders' shocking decline by lumping him in with others and then trying to claim that they've all regressed comparably.

Trapani isn't taking 8 times as many shots to score the same points; his FG% has barely budged -- from 43.3% to 43.1%. The guy has weaknesses, but he hasn't regressed in any way remotely comparable to Sanders from last year to this. He's scoring more points, getting more rebounds and assists and shooting effectvely the same as he did last year -- all of this with a crappy PG.

If you think Trapani is playing well, you are nuts. And I am positively shocked that his FG% has changed because it looks like he is shooting 30% while the game is going on.

Also, I think if you read my point, no one is minimizing Sanders regression. He is no where near where he should be. But two things (1) he missed 9 games, and has been recovering from a high ankle sprain (no excuse for him now, as he should be long past recovered, and there is no excuse for what appears to be the fact that he is way out of shape) so he can't have been the only problem, unless you are saying they can't win December games like St Joes without him and (2) he is not a player that should be creating his own shots, and with no PG, he is not getting the ball in places where he should be getting it. Part of that is his fault, as his fat ass should be in the post, part is Al's because he lets him roam the perimeter, but most of it is on a PG that wouldn't be able to penetrate or pass to the post anyway. That's why he pops out.

I just think the idea that Sanders is the reason why the team sucks is laughable. He's one many that have played poorly this season. He has the most talent, and thus the most responsibility, but with an average HS point guard this team would have won 3-4 more games even with Sanders playing poorly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:09 pm

regarding Biko today: when your starting point guard is only on the floor for half the game and has more turnovers than assists, it is a problem.

in every ACC game this year (minus Miami) he has more turnovers than assists. and on the defensive end, he is not creating turnovers (just 5 steals in 6 ACC games).

I thought he would be better than he has been so far.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum