BC @ Miami GAMETHREAD/SCORE PREDICTION

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC @ Miami GAMETHREAD/SCORE PREDICTION

Postby Ohioeagle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Ohioeagle {l Wrote}:Wait a minute, isn't this about the time they are going to start playing suffocating defense, pull the game out and begin to turn around the season?

Right (LOL)?
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Excellent win, albeit against a pretty bad team, but on the road. Like the intensity across the board, the press, the bits of uptempo and fast break. Jackson and Trapani and even Raji seemed to break out of the funk a little. Still need to fix Sanders' offense and the fucking terrible defense, but it is a start.

This game film has about everything the entire team needs to know about themselves - a little bit of just about everything. It clearly shows why settling into those bad habits on both sides led to a large deficit. And it shows what effort gets you. Is Miami good? No. Could this serve as a turnaround to at least play better basketball win or lose? Absolutely.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Some stats:

Team shot 58.8% from the FT line.

Rakim Sanders was 0-4 from 3.

Paris: 6 points, 4 assists ONE turnover

Outrebounded 25-35.

Six steals to Five turnovers.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Something got into Jackson in the second half tonight. In the past, when he ran the point, our O warped into a pass-around-the-perimeter then jack-a-three exhibition. Tonight, he was aggressive and in complete command. That is how you beat a D, both man and zone: drive and dish and repeat. It helps that Miami doesn't really press, but I consistently saw something out of him that I've never seen before. Trap's 31 points on 20 shots didn't hurt either. There was great energy from start to finish tonight, even if they did get way behind. I think it's attributable to the leaders of the team (Biko and Reggie) coming out strong, and the others followed suit.

Edit: Sanders' effort was better tonight, but just barely. It's still about 10% of what it needs to be.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Something got into Jackson in the second half tonight. In the past, when he ran the point, our O warped into a pass-around-the-perimeter then jack-a-three exhibition. Tonight, he was aggressive and in complete command. That is how you beat a D, both man and zone: drive and dish and repeat. It helps that Miami doesn't really press, but I consistently saw something out of him that I've never seen before. Trap's 31 points on 20 shots didn't hurt either. There was great energy from start to finish tonight, even if they did get way behind. I think it's attributable to the leaders of the team (Biko and Reggie) coming out strong, and the others followed suit.

Edit: Sanders' effort was better tonight, but just barely. It's still about 10% of what it needs to be.

Sanders' effort was better, but his game was not. He ran hard tonight, but his jumper is still off, and he is still to lazy with the rock. I thought it was a little shocking that he was the guy that Miami chose to double, as as he hasn't earned that kind of respect lately.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Something got into Jackson in the second half tonight. In the past, when he ran the point, our O warped into a pass-around-the-perimeter then jack-a-three exhibition. Tonight, he was aggressive and in complete command. That is how you beat a D, both man and zone: drive and dish and repeat. It helps that Miami doesn't really press, but I consistently saw something out of him that I've never seen before. Trap's 31 points on 20 shots didn't hurt either. There was great energy from start to finish tonight, even if they did get way behind. I think it's attributable to the leaders of the team (Biko and Reggie) coming out strong, and the others followed suit.

Sanders' effort was better, but his game was not. He ran hard tonight, but his jumper is still off, and he is still to lazy with the rock. I thought it was a little shocking that he was the guy that Miami chose to double, as as he hasn't earned that kind of respect lately.

He's still standing around a ton on O. But his defensive effort was somewhat better.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Also, it was hilarious seeing Miami wilt tonight. They totally gave up after we made our run. We've had some tough losses to them over the last couple of years; this year, we owned them.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Excellent win, albeit against a pretty bad team, but on the road. Like the intensity across the board, the press, the bits of uptempo and fast break. Jackson and Trapani and even Raji seemed to break out of the funk a little. Still need to fix Sanders' offense and the fucking terrible defense, but it is a start.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Miami sucks (just like I told you they did when we beat them the first time) but at least we won. Effort was good, Skinner coached a good game. The defense needs to be fixed and Sanders needs to fix whatever the fuck is wrong with him, but overall this was better at least.

Knowing Al Skinner and BC Basketball, we come out and lose by 20 to VT on Saturday.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Miami sucks (just like I told you they did when we beat them the first time) but at least we won. Effort was good, Skinner coached a good game. The defense needs to be fixed and Sanders needs to fix whatever the fuck is wrong with him, but overall this was better at least.

Knowing Al Skinner and BC Basketball, we come out and lose by 20 to VT on Saturday.

I never said Miami was good. In fact I argued that we couldn't tell what BC would do against a good team like Clemson because they hadn't played any.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I never said Miami was good. In fact I argued that we couldn't tell what BC would do against a good team like Clemson because they hadn't played any.

Wasn't intended towards you, there were some others singing Miami's praises. Never praise a team coached by Paul Hewitt, Frank Haith or Olivier Purnell, because you know exactly what will happen (and yes I realize they're all black, but that's not the point).

So we have VT on Saturday in Blacksburg, then Clemson, FSU and Duke at home. If this team really wants to go somewhere, you better finish this stretch at 5-4 in the ACC. Beat VT on the road, beat FSU at home and pray Clemson/Duke don't show up at Conte.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Also, since I'm 3-0 now in Gamethread's started, I suggest on Saturday you leave the Gamethread starting to me.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Also, since I'm 3-0 now in Gamethread's started, I suggest on Saturday you leave the Gamethread starting to me.

I have Bruins vs. Sens tickets on Saturday. Seeing that shitshow will save me from having to the shitshow against Va. Tech.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:13 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Also, since I'm 3-0 now in Gamethread's started, I suggest on Saturday you leave the Gamethread starting to me.

THIS IS A LIFETIME APPOINTMENT STARTING NOW!

START A COMBO GAMEDAY AND SCORE GUESS THREAD and KEEP TRACK OF THE WINNER!!!!!

GAMEDAY FOR FOOTBALL if you get us to the NCAA Final Four!

FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I welcome the smite of comm -average.

That's not me. If I cared about karma you would have been smited long before this. And, if I cared about karma I wouldn't continually rip the Pats.

Must be OJ or the other Jets fan that exists, Claver. I am suffering a comically funny precipitous drop tonight after my steady climb to karmic bliss.

I get dinged every day with huge sprays of red pings from someone and some of the posts are ancient history?

Wow, it certainly has changed my posting style over the past 2 months I tell ya!

The Karma buttons and scores are useless unless the pinger is identified and should be added to the software or eliminated.

I then plan on red karmaling** every 9 post.

Whew!

Yet another 74 gem.(HUMBLE!!)

:bored

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

That's not me. If I cared about karma you would have been smited long before this. And, if I cared about karma I wouldn't continually rip the Pats.

Must be OJ or the other Jets fan that exists, Claver. I am suffering a comically funny precipitous drop tonight after my steady climb to karmic bliss.

I get dinged every day with huge sprays of red pings from someone and some of the posts are ancient history?

Wow, it certainly has changed my posting style over the past 2 months I tell ya!

The Karma buttons and scores are useless unless the pinger is identified and should be added to the software or eliminated.

Whew!

Sorry to burst your bubble but I guess there are at least four people that don't like you on this board, I have better things to do than Salzano

Don't you think I would have been posting on the game thread if I was on the board?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I have better things to do than Salzano

Are you a righty or a lefty?

http://instantrimshot.com/ :chewbanka
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby shockdoct on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Whew!

74 may or may not be on the verge of triple exalt/smite power..
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bcaddict on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm

So do we still hate Roche and, to a lesser extent, Trapani, TWBG? Will you finally relent that Roche has been a KEY contributor this year? It's pretty friggin obvious.

Last night's game should have made it crystal clear who the leaders/guys who are busting their asses every day are on this team--there are three in particular (Trapani, Roche, Jackson) and then a fourth (Elmore), who's starting to find himself. It also should have been painfully clear who the fuckhead is and has been. The rest were either underperforming or lacked confidence (tho, certainly in some situations, it was a lack of effort).
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm

bcaddict {l Wrote}:So do we still hate Roche and, to a lesser extent, Trapani, TWBG? Will you finally relent that Roche has been a KEY contributor this year? It's pretty friggin obvious.

Last night's game should have made it crystal clear who the leaders/guys who are busting their asses every day are on this team--there are three in particular (Trapani, Roche, Jackson) and then a fourth (Elmore), who's starting to find himself. It also should have been painfully clear who the fuckhead is and has been. The rest were either underperforming or lacked confidence (tho, certainly in some situations, it was a lack of effort).

Both Trapani and Jackson have sleepwalked through several games. It's harder to notice with Roche, and although he hasn't been nearly as bad as some others, he's not innocent. The only player who always seems to be playing hard is Dunn.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Last night's game just really confused me, to be honest. I mean, we went way down, and it seemed like all the games before it, but then something happened, and you could see what this team could be. The end of this game reminds me of the first seven minutes against Michigan...it's like "holy shit, they can actually play really well."
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:12 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Last night's game just really confused me, to be honest. I mean, we went way down, and it seemed like all the games before it, but then something happened, and you could see what this team could be. The end of this game reminds me of the first seven minutes against Michigan...it's like "holy shit, they can actually play really well."

Or the first half against USCe.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:07 pm

bcaddict {l Wrote}:So do we still hate Roche and, to a lesser extent, Trapani, TWBG? Will you finally relent that Roche has been a KEY contributor this year? It's pretty friggin obvious.

Slow down on the Tyler Roche bandwagon. He played better last night, but his complete lack of making wide open shots is still ridiculous. He shot a 3 from the corner wide open that missed the entire basket by 1 1/2 feet at least.

Also, his defense is not good unless he plays the 3, because he's too short to cover a big man and too slow to cover a guard. Even playing a SF is a stretch most the time.

He played better don't get me wrong, but he still sucks, a lot and against a team like GT or Clemson, he needs to be sitting on the bench for a majority of the contest because he's a liability.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby screagle on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:08 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Last night's game just really confused me, to be honest. I mean, we went way down, and it seemed like all the games before it, but then something happened, and you could see what this team could be. The end of this game reminds me of the first seven minutes against Michigan...it's like "holy shit, they can actually play really well."

Or the first half against USCe.

that 1st half was by far the best half of bc basketball all season and rivals the UNC game last year
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:24 am

I agree that Trapani had his first good game of the season. He has been fucking terrible until now.

I agree that Jackson played well, and has at times, but he is sloppy with the ball.

I like Elmore, but he needs to grow on the offensive end.

Roche was fucking awful last night. Not sure where you get off lauding him after those bricks he chucked wide open.

There is no doubt that Sander is the problem. With him playing this bad, this team is pretty awful.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

Both Trapani and Jackson have sleepwalked through several games. It's harder to notice with Roche, and although he hasn't been nearly as bad as some others, he's not innocent. The only player who always seems to be playing hard is Dunn.

Elmore plays hard, too. And he doesn't jack three's. He had the opportunity to do so more than once last night, but he passed it in every situation.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 am

CLAVER--

Sorry to burst your bubble but I guess there are at least four people that don't like you on this board, I have better things to do than Salzano

Don't you think I would have been posting on the game thread if I was on the board?[/quote]

I would be crushed if my main man Claver karmalinged me!

4? 4? are you kidding me?

I bet I have pissed off hundreds!!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum