BC @ Miami GAMETHREAD/SCORE PREDICTION

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC @ Miami GAMETHREAD/SCORE PREDICTION

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm

In case people forgot, we do have a game tonight down in Coral Gables versus the U at 9 pm. I'm not so sure sunny South Florida is what Sanders, Trapani and crew needs to inspire them.

Sanders and Trap throw in a clanker, both get benched in the second half.

The U 82
BC 65
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: BC @ Miami GAMETHREAD/SCORE PREDICTION

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Fart
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 0J1969 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:19 pm

My Mom says there are a lot of black people and J.0.0.s in Miami.
0J1969
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm

80-60.

:whiteflag :whiteflag
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Heslip sees his first nip. Team rejoices - still lose.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm hoping for a new starting lineup with Reggie and Elmore in the backcourt. Maybe that'll keep the team from getting blown out.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:I'm hoping for a new starting lineup with Reggie and Elmore in the backcourt. Maybe that'll keep the team from getting blown out.

I'd like Elmore to take Sanders' minutes. Send a message Al.

If there are no changes made to the lineup and the effort is the same as it has been the past several games, this is the last BC game I will go out of my way to watch this year. The last several efforts have been so disgusting, its hard to even watch.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm

BC --- 72
U------78 F
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:I'm hoping for a new starting lineup with Reggie and Elmore in the backcourt. Maybe that'll keep the team from getting blown out.

I'd like Elmore to take Sanders' minutes. Send a message Al.

If there are no changes made to the lineup and the effort is the same as it has been the past several games, this is the last BC game I will go out of my way to watch this year. The last several efforts have been so disgusting, its hard to even watch.

I'd also replace Trapani with Roche. Trap's three-point misses are among the biggest culprits in teams going on runs. Also, the team has appeared to play better with him on the floor, although it could be just because everyone else is playing so poorly. Maybe the lone senior on the team can get something going.

Of course we all know Al's record with starting lineups.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:Of course we all know Al's record with starting lineups.

He changes them when he's not winning. They're not winning. And he's already tinkered with it once this year, inserting Jackson and sitting Southern.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

I'd like to see the large shooting guard play small forward instead of Al's boy Raji so that he can get his ass in the paint where he belongs and bring some damn scoring to the table.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

The game isn't being shown on TV in the DC area apparently. So much for this being an ACC Market. Looks like I'm headed to a bar tonight. That can be a dangerous combination with this basketball team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Miami 83
BC 67

Miami's not that good, but... :suicide
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:02 pm

The more enjoyable prediction would be guessing how many times these idiots show a complete lack of interest. This number would not include chucking up 25' bricks or getting owned 1 on 1 -it would be watching a Miami player diving for a loose ball only for him to realize that no one else is diving for it, not moving from the offensive end to the defensive when the other team has the ball, etc.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:The more enjoyable prediction would be guessing how many times these idiots show a complete lack of interest. This number would not include chucking up 25' bricks or getting owned 1 on 1 -it would be watching a Miami player diving for a loose ball only for him to realize that no one else is diving for it, not moving from the offensive end to the defensive when the other team has the ball, etc.

cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd like to see the large shooting guard play small forward instead of Al's boy Raji so that he can get his ass in the paint where he belongs and bring some damn scoring to the table.

Sanders is not prohibited from posting up as a 2 guard. He sucks and doesn't care. That's what's preventing him from scoring in the paint.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Boston College ---- 56
Miami -------------- 72
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'd like to see the large shooting guard play small forward instead of Al's boy Raji so that he can get his ass in the paint where he belongs and bring some damn scoring to the table.

Sanders is not prohibited from posting up as a 2 guard. He sucks and doesn't care. That's what's preventing him from scoring in the paint.

I never read TWB's crap unless someone quotes it (except for when he told us Chargers -7 is FREE MONEY!!!!!1111!!OOOL!!! even though he told us he doesn't watch the NFL that much) and this is why. So when we have a lineup of Biko, Reggie and Rakim on the floor at the same time what is Reggie playing the 3? News flash: RAKIM's PROBLEM ISN'T THE SYSTEM IT'S RAKIM.
Last edited by claver2010 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:The more enjoyable prediction would be guessing how many times these idiots show a complete lack of interest. This number would not include chucking up 25' bricks or getting owned 1 on 1 -it would be watching a Miami player diving for a loose ball only for him to realize that no one else is diving for it, not moving from the offensive end to the defensive when the other team has the ball, etc.

closest without going over!

You've got to be kidding me. I'll take 30 in the first half if we include bad shots, terrible defense and not getting back on defense. That's this team's bread and butter.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm

BC 63
The U 78

BC plays hard for maybe 15 out of 40 minutes.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm

According to KenPom:

Defensively we're 315th in turning over the opposition and 336th in steal %. Defense sucks

Our FT/FG ratio is a 284th nationally. We can't get to the hoop because guys dribble the ball off their feet and we have no post presence. Thus no FT shooting.

We're 270th in shooting 3's and 275th in blocking shots. Shooting 3's is awful and we have no shot blocker.

Lastly, we rank 306th in 3 pointers made but rank a respectable 65th in 3 pointers allowed. On the last stat, there is no reason for other teams to hoist 3's when they can get to the basket anytime they want and get layups.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:25 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The game isn't being shown on TV in the DC area apparently. So much for this being an ACC Market. Looks like I'm headed to a bar tonight. That can be a dangerous combination with this basketball team.

Its on NESN if you have satellite. Also on some of the comcast networks, I believe.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Start Elmore over Sanders and Ravenel over Trapani.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I never read TWB's crap unless someone quotes it (except for when he told us Chargers -7 is FREE MONEY!!!!!1111!!OOOL!!! even though he told us he doesn't watch the NFL that much) and this is why. So when we have a lineup of Biko, Reggie and Rakim on the floor at the same time what is Reggie playing the 3? News flash: RAKIM's PROBLEM ISN'T THE SYSTEM IT'S RAKIM.

You not reading my posts while falling for my ball busting of you and commaverage about the J E T S is the highest of compliments.

By the way, the Jets won? The Chargers were up 7 the last time a score came up on the ticker during the ACC hoop games.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You not reading my posts while falling for my ball busting of you and commaverage about the J E T S is the highest of compliments.

By the way, the Jets won? The Chargers were up 7 the last time a score came up on the ticker during the ACC hoop games.

So, wait, you're busting my balls because the team I root for is in the AFC championship game? Who are you rooting for this weekend? Or are you going to stick with the "I don't watch the games" line. Spring Training games for the Sox are right around the corner. But you don't watch them either, right?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Please move this thread to the NY Jets Board.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You not reading my posts while falling for my ball busting of you and commaverage about the J E T S is the highest of compliments.

So, wait, you're busting my balls because the team I root for is in the AFC championship game? Who are you rooting for this weekend? Or are you going to stick with the "I don't watch the games" line. Spring Training games for the Sox are right around the corner. But you don't watch them either, right?

I'm busting your balls because you clowns have been talking about this for 2 weeks. It's fun to get good J E T S talk going. I love the puffed chests, keeps a smile on my face.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:46 pm

BC was fortunate to beat Miami here. In Miami, we lose by 15.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I'm busting your balls because you clowns have been talking about this for 2 weeks. It's fun to get good J E T S talk going. I love the puffed chests, keeps a smile on my face.

Talking about what? The Playoffs? And again, I don't get how you are busting my balls...I could talk about the best team in the AFC East all day.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMcG on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Is there nowhere on the interwebs where I can watch this game?
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum