Forde Calls BC a Historical "Underachiever"

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Forde Calls BC a Historical "Underachiever"

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Close. You almost stayed on point.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Close. You almost stayed on point.

you are the idiot that tried to say BC has accomplished as much as illinois in hoops not me
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 pm

You two need to settle this like men:

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

you are the idiot that tried to say BC has accomplished as much as illinois in hoops not me

No, actually I just pointed out that all that big city talent lost to a .500 Bradley team. You read the rest in all by your lonesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:BC will probably get a good coach when Al leaves. It won't however be a "great coach" because there are not many "great" coaches and they command large salaries or are already locked into top programs. The ones who are not locked in or are the type to jump are not the kinds that BC will hire. Also, Al will most likely not be fired after this season. "Fair to good" does not get you fired from BC. That's where I stand: Al has done a good job (really, just look at the wins) and should not be fired, but I would welcome a new coach and vision for the program. I would guess that Al's replacement would be a rising head coach from a mid-major program. It could be Cohen or Cooley but I'd actually think Gene would go for someone with a different style of play who provides marketability for the program as well as coaching because he sees the business aspect of basketball and how even that is floundering under Al.

This is an excellent summary of my position on Al.

you have an unbelievable loser mentality.

You are a character in Imaginationland.

one of us called sanders a can't miss nba prospect and said this team would win the acc championship this year. wasn't me. i think we know who is imagining things and who actually knows anything about basketball.

Well OJ, you clearly know nothing about basketball as you demonstrate with every post. Illinois getting talent from Chicago? Try again. Historical "underachiever" do you understand what that means? That doesn't meant Al Skinner only, that means all of the other coaches who have preceded him. Does that tell you ANYTHING?

ummmm, 9 of 13 illinois players are from a suburb of chicago or near champaign. dope.

And, FYI, BC has 2 coaches in the last 25 years...one is no longer coaching ANYWHERE. Is JOB your Al comparison? Do you realize how far BC has come in the last 25 years in terms of overall profile? we can do better than JOB and skinner, but you can stick with underachieving if youd like.

I'm a dope????? You referenced Illinois doing well in basketball because of the talent it draws from Chicago. 2 players are from the Chicago area, one from Bellwood and one from the city. Jeff Jordan was a walk-on so he doesn't count and Gurnee is a solid 45 miles north of the city. Champaign is a town of 40k so you think that churns out great basketball talent? WTF are you talking about????? Illinois has been shut out of Chicago for years. I think it was Lou Henson or Lon Krueger who pissed off the Chicago Public League coaches and it took years to get back in their good graces but Weber still falls on his ass trying to get those kids to go to Illinois.

Why because BC plays in the ACC and that will make everything better? It sure has helped Miami and VT basketball? Do you really think it's easy to recruit at BC? Try again.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

No, actually I just pointed out that all that big city talent lost to a .500 Bradley team. You read the rest in all by your lonesome.

It's not even big city talent unless you consider Peoria, Champaign and Springfield the big city. OJ has no fucking idea what he is talking about.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

It's not even big city talent unless you consider Peoria, Champaign and Springfield the big city. OJ has no fucking idea what he is talking about.

you have no fucking clue. I am not talking about recruiting just from chicageo or boston, i am talking about recruiting in the schools's backyard. Peoria and champaign are in Illinois' backyard.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I agree that it is kind of nuts that BC has never made 1 Final Four given the number of appearances in the tourney. That said, using it as a benchmark, suggesting that it could happen by accident, referring to the basketball town when BC has rarely had homegrown talent are all retarded.

Almost 100 teams have made the FF at least once. BC plays in a major city, surrounded by basketball talent, and has been in one of the top 2 conferences in the country for 30 years. The fact that we haven't made the final 4 one time is most definitely a sign of underachieving. You are such an apologist its pathetic.

While I agree in part...

How many times has the University of New York made the Final Four? Or Detroit?

The point isn't that every school in a big city should be able to be good at basketball. Villanova is a great example of a school that happens to be near a city and gets a ton of talent from that area, as well as surrounding areas. Georgetown and Maryland are two more examples. So is Illinois.

So why do you lump Illinois in the same argument with other big city teams like Villanova, Georgetown and Maryland? And being 100+ miles away like Springfield and Peoria does not constitute the local area. Do you think that Champaign is a haven for basketball talent? It's a fucking farmtown of 40k you moron. Way to change your argument when you realized you fucked up. Go to bed you fucktard.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:15 pm

I think the team has been on a downward track since the 2006 run. Seven out of nine is great, but we have been a historically 1-2 rounds and out team. You only have to look at the banners at Conte to see that. No FF appearances…..people outside our hardcore fan base seem to turn a deaf ear to the program. It happened with UMASS after they had their run and it seems to be a problem here 0 outside interest. The interest is borderline with the fan base also, I understand how much of a problem DBS is but when I went home from the Maryland game it looks bad when there are unused lower level seating (not to mention when the students are on campus its sad to see empty student sections) We won’t even go there as far as the turn out for non-conference games. In a way I think it is too bad that we don’t have local talent on the team, but I think the academics get in the way of that to some degree. Ao I guess that would put us in a category of an underachiever. You can send Al up the river, but with the same mid-level talent coming in year after year, we’re sort of stuck in a basketball rut. Which leaves us with what…..as soon as BB sputters out it will only be 6 weeks until the spring football game and at least football is looking up
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum