Biko

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Biko

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Not a ton has been made of Biko's struggles (other than he is not a threat to shoot from the outisde). The split between what he has done in the wins and losses is extreme. It all has to start with him as the primary ballhandler, and he's a captain to boot.

W/L
FG% = 52%/31%
PPG = 6.7/5.3
RPG = 3.1/1.8
Assist-TO ratio = 2.5/1.08

This is unacceptable, especially the first and last numbers.

God, there are almost too many problems with this team to even document. So sad. I wash my hands.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: Biko

Postby branchinator on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Biko is a marginal talent and shouldn't be starting on a team that hopes to not suck. Unfortunately, we have no other real options other than putting Reggie at the point, which is probably a mis-use of his skills.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Heights on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Biko is a sub-ACC point guard, not really even a quality backup on a good team. He only played more minutes than expected last year because ACC teams tried to take Rice out of the game end-to-end. I don't want to beat the guy up, it's much more about Al's failure to recruit a quality backcourt. He's had very limited options in the backcourt for a long time now.

Agree completely on Reggie, he was ok against Maryland at the point, but I'm not sure putting his energy into running things and breaking down pressure is the best use of his skills. This shows desperation by Al. He's clearly worked in the off season on his handle, dramatically better. Unlike Sanders who still thinks he's in high school.

At least with Reggie on the point the ball is in his hands most of the time, which maybe is not a bad thing on this team until further notice.
"We have everyone on our 2010 schedule but the New England Patriots"

Frank Spaziani
Heights
n00b

Postby apbc12 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:08 pm

As with many other players on the team, I remember Biko actually being a somewhat reliable outside shooter when open last year. Not only that, he was also one of our best on-ball defenders. This year he couldn't guard me. It's like the whole team has eaten nothing but hotel chicken wings the whole season.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum