Al - We outrebounded them.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Al - We outrebounded them.

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The thing none of you are looking at is how bad this team is defensively. Dallas Elmore is the only person on the team who has any defensive ability whatsoever. Biko plays defense about as well as Steve Nash, thus letting the opposing team's PG to get absolutely anywhere he wants on the floor. We have no shot blocking presence. The guy guarding Sanders is bound to score 20 points with his 'ole defense.

The offense is not good this season, and is part of the problem, but the defense is the worst I can ever remember it. When was the last time you saw BC play good help defense and actually have players rotate? Whenever someone helps correctly, someone else doesn't rotate and the other team gets a wide open shot. Skinner is no great defensive coach, but this has been awful thus far.

You are absolutely right. That said, none of the defensive problems are new. Williams hid a lot of the problems, but Smith, Hinnant and Dudley were average to poor on defense (Marshall was above-average, mostly due to his height). Difference was that those teams were so damn efficient on offense that they could hide how bad they were on defense. This team has put up multiple 30% clunkers and commits a ton of turnovers.

*** ******* fixed a lot of those issues you're right, as did Ty Blair when he was here. That's why I advocate playing Courtney Dunn, at least he can block shots. Play Paris, Jackson, Sanders, Southern and Dunn at the same time. Give it a try Al, nothing else has worked lately.

I agree with the big lineup. I also think that they should sit Raji and park Sanders' ass in the paint and feed him the ball all night long. He should be shooting in Raji territory.

That used to be the rule in women's basketball as I recall once upon a time. Maybe he's more suited for the women's game.
i don't know teddy, getting all the way to the paint is a pretty long walk... it's tough to do in 35 seconds

Not as tough when he only stays on half of the court though.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum