Sad to say....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Sad to say....

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 pm

But, I have lost interest in BC basketball after 40 years. This year takes the cake. An experienced group of upper-classmen and they aren't just losing to bad teams. They are getting killed by some mediocre teams. I mean we got blown out today, Clemson blew us out. We lost to URI, Harvard etc. WE are 10-7 and it feels like 2-10. The same with football where 8-5 felt like 5-8. Fball and Bball are at important crossroads. GDF either needs to correct this situations or preferable get the fuck out. Like Talon, I rarely turn off a game, but this year I turned off the VT and Clemson games in Fball and Clemson and Duke in Bball. I mean these teams are so bad they are difficult to watch and it's not likie they are playing tough schedules. They are just not very good. That starts with the coach and AD. WE NEED A CHANGE in FBALL and BBALL> It's a slippery slope down and difficult to recover. Ask Cuse in Fball.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Sad to say....

Postby AdamBC on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:36 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:But, I have lost interest in BC basketball after 40 years. This year takes the cake. An experienced group of upper-classmen and they aren't just losing to bad teams. They are getting killed by some mediocre teams. I mean we got blown out today, Clemson blew us out. We lost to URI, Harvard etc. WE are 10-7 and it feels like 2-10. The same with football where 8-5 felt like 5-8. Fball and Bball are at important crossroads. GDF either needs to correct this situations or preferable get the fuck out. Like Talon, I rarely turn off a game, but this year I turned off the VT and Clemson games in Fball and Clemson and Duke in Bball. I mean these teams are so bad they are difficult to watch and it's not likie they are playing tough schedules. They are just not very good. That starts with the coach and AD. WE NEED A CHANGE in FBALL and BBALL> It's a slippery slope down and difficult to recover. Ask Cuse in Fball.

I agree with 81.

I'd exalt this, but I know his next post I read will have me rolling my eyes and smiting him.

The difference between my senior year (05-06) and this team is worlds apart. What the hell happened? I'm not going to throw away my remaining tickets, but I have no hopes for the team making any noise the rest of the season.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Al is just tired and spent. ALSLEEP AT THE WHEEL SKINNER.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:35 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:The difference between my senior year (05-06) and this team is worlds apart. What the hell happened? I'm not going to throw away my remaining tickets, but I have no hopes for the team making any noise the rest of the season.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have season tickets and will go to all the games but a) I'm not expecting anything and b) will only go to the games because I've already paid for them. I'm not going to renew my season tickets next year because a) I know I can pick and choose games without eating a couple of games b) this season and c) the fact that I can get cheaper tickets by buying them on the Black Friday sale. I'm disgusted with the lack of effort and plan on writing to the athletic office as to this being my reason for not renewing. If they aren't going to give 100% effort why should I as a student waste my time and money to support them? Paying for tickets shows is a way of showing acceptance of the situation and I certainly do not accept how this team is playing. I know an email from a student won't do much but it will at least make me feel a little better.

If we were losing because we played great but just happened to be playing better teams that would be one thing. But the apathy shown by this team is embarrassing to the school.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby ryrob on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:38 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:The difference between my senior year (05-06) and this team is worlds apart. What the hell happened? I'm not going to throw away my remaining tickets, but I have no hopes for the team making any noise the rest of the season.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have season tickets and will go to all the games but a) I'm not expecting anything and b) will only go to the games because I've already paid for them. I'm not going to renew my season tickets next year because a) I know I can pick and choose games without eating a couple of games b) this season and c) the fact that I can get cheaper tickets by buying them on the Black Friday sale. I'm disgusted with the lack of effort and plan on writing to the athletic office as to this being my reason for not renewing. If they aren't going to give 100% effort why should I as a student waste my time and money to support them? Paying for tickets shows is a way of showing acceptance of the situation and I certainly do not accept how this team is playing. I know an email from a student won't do much but it will at least make me feel a little better.

If we were losing because we played great but just happened to be playing better teams that would be one thing. But the apathy shown by this team is embarrassing to the school.

Exalt. One of the major attractions to sticking in Boston after graduation was the chance to keep attending BC sporting events as an alum. While I'm still excited for football tailgating and the games (at least they try), I've lost all motivation to pursue basketball season tickets. Before this season, I never would have considered NOT getting season tickets. Now, I wonder why I would even waste my time or hard-earned money. If they can't attract otherwise loyal fans with this garbage, how do they expect casual fans to show up? Time to send a message.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum