This IS a Fire Al thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

This IS a Fire Al thread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:58 pm

I've never said this before... So here goes...

FIRE AL

I might be the last guy on the bandwagon. And before you say, "Who would we hire?", I say Bill Coen. The guy who actually found Dudley and Smith.

The point of this thread is to ask... Who are your top candidates?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: This IS a Fire Al thread

Postby BCMcG on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:07 pm

It's not going to happen. I actually thought it was going to happen after the Sidney/Bryant incident, but the program ended up weathering that storm. Even if they lose out the rest of the season, no way he gets canned. It sucks, but he's earned that. BC isn't a big program like Kentucky with donors whose money talks. The unfortunate truth is that nobody really cares about BC basketball, so why is Gene going to fire a nice guy like Al when he doesn't have to answer to anybody.

My prediction: Al's going to resign either after next season or after his kids graduate and don't expect any Final Four runs in the meantime.

I have no idea who his replacement might be but I think that HJS is dead wrong that the search list will be limited to people with whom Gene has ties.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:I have no idea who his replacement might be but I think that HJS is dead wrong that the search list will be limited to people with whom Gene has ties.

This program is in big trouble.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Look, if you believe HJS, I've got a great piece of waterfront land for you in Nebraska. HJS has no fucking clue what he's talking about and has no sources within the program. He just doesn't like GDF and wants him to get fired. It's fine, I happen to agree with him that GDF isn't an appropriate AD for a ACC school but that's a seperate point.

I'm going to venture to the Patriot Center to watch Coen playing George Mason and see exactly what the guy is all about. We're fucked this season, and 1-15 in the ACC is a definite possibility.

I agree with '25, this program is in serious trouble right now, and it's a shame that so few care about it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am

The program is in serious trouble, but again, I have to wonder who Gene would inflict on us next. Terrible seasons two out of the past three years, a mediocre season in between.

http://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchre ... x?ci=16811
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:42 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:The program is in serious trouble, but again, I have to wonder who Gene would inflict on us next. Terrible seasons two out of the past three years, a mediocre season in between.

http://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchre ... x?ci=16811

Bob Ryan is right on in the Globe...there is something going on behind the scenes with this team. Whether it is as simple as Al has lost the players and they aren't buying into what he's telling them, I don't know...but there is defintely more to the story in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few guys not around next year. This is going to be a LONG rebuilding process.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum