honest question for the skinner backers

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

honest question for the skinner backers

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:39 pm

So this season is over....and it has happened in an ugly, ugly way. Worst BC team I have ever watched. So I ask the "can't fire skinner" people...where do we go from here? Can you actually see a tournaround next year without a complete overhaul?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: honest question for the skinner backers

Postby ryrob on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:41 pm

I wonder how much we have to lose by, just how embarrassed do we have to get (losing by 20-30 at home to a bad MD team????), with essentially the same team that won 21 games last year, before someone acknowledges that there's a problem here. It's not just Tyrese, I don't recognize any of these players.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Have to fire Gene before you fire Al if you're hoping for any sort of competent replacement.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:06 pm

I don't think Al is in trouble, but this season is a wake up call. He needs to make some changes on his staff and probably needs to thin the team a bit. Having 11 guys see time is not helping. Al is at his best with a tight, smart rotation.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:09 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't think Al is in trouble, but this season is a wake up call. He needs to make some changes on his staff and probably needs to thin the team a bit. Having 11 guys see time is not helping. Al is at his best with a tight, smart rotation.

It's easy to have a short rotation when you have a Smith, Dudley, Hinnant, Rice, Williams, etc. and not much after that. Skinner doesn't have a shortened rotation this year because players 1 through 10 all suck so they're interchangeable.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:but this season is a wake up call..

Right. Just like Maine and St. Joe's and Harvard and URI were wake up calls. In terms of wake up calls, this might be a permanent sleep for the BC basketball program. Al is disinterested.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:47 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't think Al is in trouble, but this season is a wake up call. He needs to make some changes on his staff and probably needs to thin the team a bit. Having 11 guys see time is not helping. Al is at his best with a tight, smart rotation.

I hope you're wrong about Al not being in trouble. He's incredibly stubborn, he's not going to change. And on the rotation, they all fucking blow, so it's pretty hard to decide which 8 shitty players you want to pick out of 11 horrible options.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 am

KOSS-

When I suggested 5 intramural kids I was serious.

Al's best was blowing a 17 point lead to Villanova and since then he has been poor.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I hope you're wrong about Al not being in trouble. He's incredibly stubborn, he's not going to change. And on the rotation, they all fucking blow, so it's pretty hard to decide which 8 shitty players you want to pick out of 11 horrible options.

Whether you like his coaching or don't, I think you underrate Skinner's insane competitiveness. He's quiet, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care. I don't think he'll have a whole new staff next year, but I do believe heads will roll this offseason. I think we'll see at least one new assistant, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a few players "decide" they're not coming back.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 am

I heard Cassara should be moving on. 2nd hand gossip.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Conte Forum