Maryland

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Maryland

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Moving Forward...Maryland kind of sucks (at least relative to Dook and Clempsun). If we can't get it together at home this weekend, then this will be an excruciatingly long season.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Re: Maryland

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Maryland isn't bad. We lost to MAINE. There, I said it.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby ChipsAndSalsa on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Maryland isn't bad, but they aren't great either. They have no bad losses, but no good wins. They are anywhere from a 6-10 to a 10-6 team. The Terps feature three seniors in their starting lineup including preseason ACC 1st teamer Greivis Vasquez. Would certainly be a big win for BC, but then again, any ACC win right now is a big win for BC. This is also a desperate senior laden Maryland team needing a win so I would expect the best from both sides.
ChipsAndSalsa
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Start Elmore to get some negative energy going on Vasquez early. Otherwise Sanders is likely to olay him all day. He's the type that disrupting him early can easily change his entire game. DO IT!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:21 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Start Elmore to get some negative energy going on Vasquez early. Otherwise Sanders is likely to olay him all day. He's the type that disrupting him early can easily change his entire game. DO IT!

The other positive to starting Elmore is that he was the only one who looked like he cared enough to want to punch a Dookie in the face.

Ranking of most likely to punch a Dookie out of passion/frustration
Elmore
Southern
Jackson
Anyone else
Sanders
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Start Elmore to get some negative energy going on Vasquez early. Otherwise Sanders is likely to olay him all day. He's the type that disrupting him early can easily change his entire game. DO IT!

It might also light a fire under Sanders. Then again, losing to St. Joe's, Maine, and Harvard should have done that for the whole team and it didn't...

No pride :puke
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 pm

I've seen a lot of Maryland from living down here. They're not that great, but your going to see two freshman centers in Williams and Padgett that I have no idea why Al would not have pursed. They would both gets minutes easily on this team. Maryland is about as jeckel and hyde as BC so I have no clue what to expect.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I've seen a lot of Maryland from living down here. They're not that great, but your going to see two freshman centers in Williams and Padgett that I have no idea why Al would not have pursued. They would both gets minutes easily on this team. Maryland is about as jeckel and hyde as BC so I have no clue what to expect.

Al was busy. I said that 3 years ago. Leave Al alone and these kids will come to worship at the Altar of the Flex!

:roll:
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:17 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I've seen a lot of Maryland from living down here. They're not that great, but your going to see two freshman centers in Williams and Padgett that I have no idea why Al would not have pursued. They would both gets minutes easily on this team. Maryland is about as jeckel and hyde as BC so I have no clue what to expect.

Al was busy. I said that 3 years ago. Leave Al alone and these kids will come to worship at the Altar of the Flex!

:roll:

It's bullshit, they're both from the NorthEast and we weren't even in on them.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby oralterpitude on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Williams and Padgett didn't even score today!
oralterpitude
n00b

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 pm

i was at the game today. there were more maryland fans there than BC fans. All around embarrassing
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby ChipsAndSalsa on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:37 pm

That crowd was like Clemson football in 2006. I don't think I've seen that many visiting fans in Conte ever. Think there needs to be change? lol
ChipsAndSalsa
n00b

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:40 pm

ChipsAndSalsa {l Wrote}:That crowd was like Clemson football in 2006. I don't think I've seen that many visiting fans in Conte ever. Think there needs to be change? lol

Kansas two years ago had more. The fucked up thing was that most of them came to Boston from Miami, where Kansas had just won the Orange Bowl. That was some week to be a fan of the Jayhawks,
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:51 pm

bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:i was at the game today. there were more maryland fans there than BC fans. All around embarrassing

They were certainly louder and got more cheers going (>2) throughout Conte than BC fans (0).
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:32 pm

That was a disaster. This team is embarrassingly bad and I don't see that changing any time soon.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:51 am

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby ryrob on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:02 am

Adam, I saw you were signed up over there. Any chance you can go over and set the record straight about the crowd, that students are on break and most of them aren't from Mass. or close to the school?

As a sidenote, a lot of posters there commented on how flat and lethargic the team was, although they blamed it on the lack of fan enthusiasm. Oh, if only they knew....
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:06 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:

Adam, I saw you were signed up over there. Any chance you can go over and set the record straight about the crowd, that students are on break and most of them aren't from Mass. or close to the school?

As a sidenote, a lot of posters there commented on how flat and lethargic the team was, although they blamed it on the lack of fan enthusiasm. Oh, if only they knew....

I did post to that effect. A big part of the reason there were so many MD fans was that BC sold the student section tickets on the cheap. Quite a few mixed in around me (along with the upper corner where they're usually put).
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:15 am

FWIW, the ESPN box score indicates that it was a packed house:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300160103
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby ryrob on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 am

I registered over there to help you out, some of these retards are posting straight nonsense such as "BC doesn't match up with the ACC athletically" WTF has Maryland done since we joined? And they stated that Syracuse and BC are similar academically. I'm waiting on approval to start posting.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:I registered over there to help you out, some of these retards are posting straight nonsense such as "BC doesn't match up with the ACC athletically" WTF has Maryland done since we joined? And they stated that Syracuse and BC are similar academically. I'm waiting on approval to start posting.

My favorite is that the cities of Syracuse and Boston are similar in size.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby ryrob on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:36 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:I registered over there to help you out, some of these retards are posting straight nonsense such as "BC doesn't match up with the ACC athletically" WTF has Maryland done since we joined? And they stated that Syracuse and BC are similar academically. I'm waiting on approval to start posting.

Still waiting to get in there to refute more their nonsense claims. I wonder if they're not letting other BC people in to post?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:40 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

Still waiting to get in there to refute more their nonsense claims. I wonder if they're not letting other BC people in to post?

I originally signed up for the BC-MD football game this past year. Not sure how long it took to get approved. Best of luck. They'll let you in at some point.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby rickterp on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:11 am

i finally found the board migration! :koolaid

we aren't that good, but no one in the acc is really so i think we'll end up with 7-10 acc wins and get into the tournament.

i was at the game saturday, figured it would be a light crowd because of break. but didn't expect bc to be completley lifeless. the effort on defense wasn't there, and i had no idea what they were doing offensively. lack of a true pg is going to be an issue for them all year from what i saw.
rickterp
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:40 am

I love Maryland complaining about us being in the ACC.

Football: They suck, and have done so for a while. The definition of mediocre at best. We, on the other hand, have made the ACCCG multiple times and constantly give the ACC strong seasons.

Basketball: They suck, and have since they won the NC. Yes, they won the NC in 02, but they have been mediocre since (mix of NIT and second round of the NCAA)

Academically: They are middle of the road in the ACC (granted, they are better than any Big East school). We are a significantly better school.

The reality is they have been an anchor for the ACC for about 7/8 years while we are pulling our weight.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:42 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:I love Maryland complaining about us being in the ACC.

Football: They suck, and have done so for a while. The definition of mediocre at best. We, on the other hand, have made the ACCCG multiple times and constantly give the ACC strong seasons.

Basketball: They suck, and have since they won the NC. Yes, they won the NC in 02, but they have been mediocre since (mix of NIT and second round of the NCAA)

Academically: They are middle of the road in the ACC (granted, they are better than any Big East school). We are a significantly better school.

The reality is they have been an anchor for the ACC for about 7/8 years while we are pulling our weight.

Maryland fans mix in with your typical moron Redskins fan/etc. whatever you find in DC. Maryland fans are the most classless in the ACC, even more than RCC possibly. I wouldn't worry about it, their athletic program is nothing to write home about currently either. The only thing they have on us is an Orange Bowl in football and a NC in basketball, which happened about 10 years ago. Having said this, they're not the only ACC fans who are going to be shocked at how terrible our basketball team is.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 am

If you ignore the large majority of trash in that thread, there are some very telling observations that are discussed ad nauseam on this site (lack of excitement from the fans, people not even bothering to wear BC gear to games, etc).
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby holycross87 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:If you ignore the large majority of trash in that thread, there are some very telling observations that are discussed ad nauseam on this site (lack of excitement from the fans, people not even bothering to wear BC gear to games, etc).

I haven't seen the Maryland thread but you have to admit that compared to the vast majority of ACC schools, BC trails nearly all of them in hoop fan intensity.

I've got in trouble here in the past voicing this belief but BC has really never been a basketball (very strong fan following etc.) school. Not saying that HC has a better following but even our hoop board has been more active this weekend than this one.

This was in many ways the "deal with the devil" you made in joining the ACC...doing well in football but getting your clocks cleaned regularly in hoop.
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:04 pm

holycross87 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:If you ignore the large majority of trash in that thread, there are some very telling observations that are discussed ad nauseam on this site (lack of excitement from the fans, people not even bothering to wear BC gear to games, etc).

I haven't seen the Maryland thread but you have to admit that compared to the vast majority of ACC schools, BC trails nearly all of them in hoop fan intensity.

I've got in trouble here in the past voicing this belief but BC has really never been a basketball (very strong fan following etc.) school. Not saying that HC has a better following but even our hoop board has been more active this weekend than this one.

This was in many ways the "deal with the devil" you made in joining the ACC...doing well in football but getting your clocks cleaned regularly in hoop.

That's funny.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:05 pm

holycross87 {l Wrote}:[I've got in trouble here in the past voicing this belief but BC has really never been a basketball (very strong fan following etc.) school. Not saying that HC has a better following but even our hoop board has been more active this weekend than this one.

Um, you got in trouble here for shitting on our hockey team immediately after our bowl loss. That and I was drunk and angry.

sorry
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum