Maryland

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maryland

Postby holycross87 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:09 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
holycross87 {l Wrote}:[I've got in trouble here in the past voicing this belief but BC has really never been a basketball (very strong fan following etc.) school. Not saying that HC has a better following but even our hoop board has been more active this weekend than this one.

Um, you got in trouble here for shitting on our hockey team immediately after our bowl loss. That and I was drunk and angry.

sorry

That was essentially my point...more BC alums and students care about the hockey team than the hoop team.

I wasn't shitting on the hockey team but pointing out that a large part of America couldn't care less about college hockey.
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Someone's itching for another rage-banning.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby holycross87 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Whatever...but do you really believe BC has anywhere near the hoop following that UNC, Duke, Wake, NC St, UVA and Md have?
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Someone's itching for another rage-banning.

maybe you should just start another topic and the two of you can talk about desperate housewives (or whatever other show your "friends" turned you on to)

It's called Herman's Head, jerkhole.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby holycross87 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:21 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Someone's itching for another rage-banning.

maybe you should just start another topic and the two of you can talk about desperate housewives (or whatever other show your "friends" turned you on to)

It's called Herman's Head, jerkhole.

the only thing that was good about herman's head was that it followed "get a life" - the greatest chris elliot vehicle that's ever existed!

Glad we can agree on at least something...."Zoo Animals on Wheels" being a particularly favorite episode of mine.
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I have been periodically checking that thread and some assclown actually wrote: "Were the Red Sox as popular as they are now before they had any real success? "
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:I have been periodically checking that thread and some assclown actually wrote: "Were the Red Sox as popular as they are now before they had any real success? "

Red Sox Nation only became what it was in the late 90s. Attendance used to be average and there were plenty of seats available on gameday. I'm not sure if that is what you are assuming or not.

As for the comment that Maryland had the most visiting fans ever at Conte - not even close. UConn fans used to takeover the place and UNC had WAY more people at Conte a couple of years ago.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:26 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:I have been periodically checking that thread and some assclown actually wrote: "Were the Red Sox as popular as they are now before they had any real success? "

Red Sox Nation only became what it was in the late 90s. Attendance used to be average and there were plenty of seats available on gameday. I'm not sure if that is what you are assuming or not.

As for the comment that Maryland had the most visiting fans ever at Conte - not even close. UConn fans used to takeover the place and UNC had WAY more people at Conte a couple of years ago.

Attendance has been high for the Sox since 95. It was pretty full during the lean pre-Pedro years when I mocked Rudy Pemberton incessantly.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Attendance has been high for the Sox since 95. It was pretty full during the lean pre-Pedro years when I mocked Rudy Pemberton incessantly.

It was reclamation central under the Duq.

Edit: I personally preferred mocking Wilfredo Cordero and his phone.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum