2nd half analysis

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2nd half analysis

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:25 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Trapani has sucked this whole year. He is a liability on the floor right now.

Against the good teams we've played:

Miami: 5 pts 6 rbs in 34 minutes (1 of 13 shooting)
South Carolina: 9 pts 8 rbs in 26 minutes (4 of 12)
Clemson: 13 pts 5 rbs in 28 minutes (6 of 12)
Duke: 8 pts 4 rbs in 24 minutes (2 of 7)

Under 30% from the floor in these games. This trend does not bode well for the in conference schedule.

To be honest, I've seen him live multiple games this year and he has never looked as comfortable this year as he did last year.

Absolutely. And it says a lot about this team that he is clearly still one of the 3-4 best players.

The problem is we have nobody better to put out there. I love everything I'm hearing about Heslip and Noreen, I sure hope they're good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:38 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCDF22 {l Wrote}:Trapani was awful. He basically gave Duke 10 pts to start the second half with turnovers and stupid shot selection. I assume the coaches told him to be more aggressive in 2nd half, but he came out and played like a 'tard in the first 4 mins and by himself was responsible for about 4 fast breaks. Nothing more needs to be said about Rakim

Hilarious - 0-3 from the floor, 2-2 from the line, 1 TO (his only of the game) in that 3 minutes and the guy is the sole reason we lost. Utterly hilarious. Trapani did not play well, but making him the scapegoat and ignorting some other glaring issues is pure comedy.

In that three minute stretch he jacked 3 of the worst three point shots I have ever seen with no one else on his team touching the ball and followed it up with the turnover. The lead went from 3 to 14 with no other player even getting a look.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCDF22 {l Wrote}:Trapani was awful. He basically gave Duke 10 pts to start the second half with turnovers and stupid shot selection. I assume the coaches told him to be more aggressive in 2nd half, but he came out and played like a 'tard in the first 4 mins and by himself was responsible for about 4 fast breaks. Nothing more needs to be said about Rakim

Hilarious - 0-3 from the floor, 2-2 from the line, 1 TO (his only of the game) in that 3 minutes and the guy is the sole reason we lost. Utterly hilarious. Trapani did not play well, but making him the scapegoat and ignorting some other glaring issues is pure comedy.

In that three minute stretch he jacked 3 of the worst three point shots I have ever seen with no one else on his team touching the ball and followed it up with the turnover. The lead went from 3 to 14 with no other player even getting a look.

I know you'll call me a stat geek, but your stats are wrong. Check back with me once you've corrected them because they are the main basis of your argument. I've admitted it was a horrible stretch, but as usual people are exaggerting the horrendousness of said stretch.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I know you'll call me a stat geek, but your stats are wrong. Check back with me once you've corrected them because they are the main basis of your argument. I've admitted it was a horrible stretch, but as usual people are exaggerting the horrendousness of said stretch.

No.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

No.

You know what also says no? Not posting. I put the numbers up in other places, so feel free to reassess whenever.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Judging how a player played by point total is a joke. Trapani was god awful last night. Sanders wasn't much better. Agree with the Southern love - he looked like he cared last night.

...And what, you're not going to say anything about how awful Raji was?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Judging how a player played by point total is a joke. Trapani was god awful last night. Sanders wasn't much better. Agree with the Southern love - he looked like he cared last night.

...And what, you're not going to say anything about how awful Raji was?

I didn't notice. Per usual against a real opponent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Yes. I posted after the game that Trapani is either allergic to the ball or has horrible OCD. He can't hold the ball for more than 1.5 seconds without shooting. His play in the first five minutes of the second half was beyond embarrassing. He and George Costanza would be fast friends.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum