it really is a shame

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

it really is a shame

Postby Eagledom on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:04 pm

that there is no such thing as a hot seat for a BC hoops coach. This isn't a bash Al thread, but any objective person who watched BC this year couldn't possibly think that a little pressure on Al might be a good thing. This team doesn't have a ton of talent, yet they still play way below their talent level as if they could just come out and beat people without trying. The lack of effort and energy is truly embarrassing. Al has lost this team and the comments in the paper today about being "bored" demonstrate that. Al should be on the hot seat right now, but I'm sure he's not....that eliminates any sense of urgency for him and filters down to the players.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: it really is a shame

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Just like I asked and you didn't respond to "How do you know Josh Haden was a bad presence in the locker room", how do you know Skinner isn't on the hot seat?

But I'm guessing you won't respond to this one either. And, if you do, please answer my Haden question that is unresolved while you are at it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Most of us agree with you, we need a new coach. I think people wouldn't be so annoyed if you didn't beat the issue to death every time we lose a game. Skinner needs to go, completely agreed for a ton of different reasons but for once just leave it alone. If you want to beat up on Rakim Sanders on the other hand, count me in.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Just like I asked and you didn't respond to "How do you know Josh Haden was a bad presence in the locker room", how do you know Skinner isn't on the hot seat?

But I'm guessing you won't respond to this one either. And, if you do, please answer my Haden question that is unresolved while you are at it.

A. I never said he was a bad presence in the locker room. I said he quit on the team in the middle of the season as the only backup running back that could play. That is a selfish player.

B. Regarding Skinner - that is speculation. I just don't think there is any real chance that he is going to be fired even with a complete meltdown this year...which is happening before our eyes.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Most of us agree with you, we need a new coach. I think people wouldn't be so annoyed if you didn't beat the issue to death every time we lose a game. Skinner needs to go, completely agreed for a ton of different reasons but for once just leave it alone. If you want to beat up on Rakim Sanders on the other hand, count me in.

OK, I don't want to be HJS...so no more. This reason I beat it to death is because I have been saying this for 3 months and took so much shit for it, and now everyone seems to agree that Skinner's time is done, but yet I still take shit for it.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Most of us agree with you, we need a new coach. I think people wouldn't be so annoyed if you didn't beat the issue to death every time we lose a game. Skinner needs to go, completely agreed for a ton of different reasons but for once just leave it alone. If you want to beat up on Rakim Sanders on the other hand, count me in.

OK, I don't want to be HJS...so no more. This reason I beat it to death is because I have been saying this for 3 months and took so much shit for it, and now everyone seems to agree that Skinner's time is done, but yet I still take shit for it.

Fine. On another note, are you going to the game against Virginia Tech in Blacksburg?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Fine. On another note, are you going to the game against Virginia Tech in Blacksburg?

This season has been a massive disappointment to date but to say that Skinner needs to go is just plain silly. If the team shits the bed next year, then you have the start of an argument but until then he's not going anywhere and nor does he deserve to be dismissed.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:This season has been a massive disappointment to date but to say that Skinner needs to go is just plain silly. If the team shits the bed next year, then you have the start of an argument but until then he's not going anywhere and nor does he deserve to be dismissed.

Excuse me? This is his group of kids. The 5/6 all came in together and he's played them extensively since his freshman year. If not doing anything with them is not a fireable offense for you, then what is?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:31 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:This season has been a massive disappointment to date but to say that Skinner needs to go is just plain silly. If the team shits the bed next year, then you have the start of an argument but until then he's not going anywhere and nor does he deserve to be dismissed.

Excuse me? This is his group of kids. The 5/6 all came in together and he's played them extensively since his freshman year. If not doing anything with them is not a fireable offense for you, then what is?

Fireable offense for one down year??????? That's not grounds for firing. If he falls down with next year's team, then I will jump on the bandwagon but until then I don't think he deserves to get launched. The guy has averaged 19+ wins in his career and that's starting with a team that was complete shit for three years.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Fireable offense for one down year??????? That's not grounds for firing. If he falls down with next year's team, then I will jump on the bandwagon but until then I don't think he deserves to get launched. The guy has averaged 19+ wins in his career and that's starting with a team that was complete shit for three years.

You said if he doesn't do anything next year, you will only have the start of the argument. That's what I was responding to.

The bottom line is he hasn't put up when it counts the most.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Return to Conte Forum