Recruits do not know BC runs a flex

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Recruits do not know BC runs a flex

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 am

New development:

Both Reggie Jackson and Corey Raji admit to not even being aware BC ran the flex until they got to campus. How the fudge is that possible?
"B-Ball Culture Shock"

Of course this could be a good thing for getting them here since not too many recruits would be pumped to work in the flex, but it certainly raises a lot of questions as to the intelligence of recruits (that's not new you say?) and Al's recruiting methods and communication.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: Recruits do not know BC runs a flex

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:02 am

“We stopped doing things with a purpose,” Jackson said. “It was just because we knew what we were going to run. I think boredom was a big factor in us becoming robotic.”

EagleDom, you can take over from here. There's your hanging curveball.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

If you go back to the old Eagle Insiders, I posted about 10 different treads on the stupid flex, that BC had the smallish depth team to go "40 minutes of Hell" and the flex was a problem and did not fit this team, its players, and hurt recruiting.

I posted this 3 years ago and I bet 99% of the hoops posters zinged me daily! and totally disagreed especially, my good amigos, and many others.

Sadly, over many years only a few remember that my track record here in that of a humble almost always correct on big issues genius.

One day I shall purchase the Atlantis servers and re-print my 'WHY THE FLEX IS A JOKE AND KILLS RECRUITING POSTS"!

This thread alone makes me wanna all to the ROMO PUKE thread, not because I was always right, --(I LOVE THAT LINE!)-- but now Al Skinner has really lost control of the team, the kids are pushing back hard, and these statements make him look like a recruiting fool and complete HEAD COACH DUNSEL.

After reading this if GDF has one working testicle, he would fire Al and his entire staff ala De Paul.

What a fucking disgrace.

Your Humble, humble genius at work 24/7 for all BC Guys.

Bow down now and thank the Lord you have me here to lead you out of the BC, Sports and World wilderness.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:22 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:“We stopped doing things with a purpose,” Jackson said. “It was just because we knew what we were going to run. I think boredom was a big factor in us becoming robotic.”

EagleDom, you can take over from here. There's your hanging curveball.

I don't know if that's sarcastic or not, but I will say that this quote is far more of an indictment on Jackson than it is on Al. Skinner has won conference championships with this offense. Jackson needs to STFU and start playing hard. I do blame Al for the weaknesses (both physical and chemistry) of this team, but Jackson is looking more and more like a (dare I use the "C "word) cancer.

Edit: I didn't even mention that we are running a more diverse offense this year than we have in roughly a decade.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:29 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
I don't know if that's sarcastic or not, but I will say that this quote is far more of an indictment on Jackson than it is on Al. Skinner has won conference championships with this offense. Jackson needs to STFU and start playing hard.

Totally agree! Jackson signed on and he should go through hell in a gasoline suit for Al, but I can understand to a point--but the flex only worked well with very skilled players like Smith and Dudley and Al never recruited those types --or the new players did not have those skills or Al didn't coach em up?????

I do blame Al for the weaknesses (both physical and chemistry) of this team, but Jackson is looking more and more like a (dare I use the "C "word) cancer.

Edit: I didn't even mention that we are running a more diverse offense this year than we have in roughly a decade.

Th new diverse offense combined with an ole defense and poor intensity spells the new BC Team.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:42 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I don't know if that's sarcastic or not, but I will say that this quote is far more of an indictment on Jackson than it is on Al. Skinner has won conference championships with this offense. Jackson needs to STFU and start playing hard. I do blame Al for the weaknesses (both physical and chemistry) of this team, but Jackson is looking more and more like a (dare I use the "C "word) cancer.

I think Jackson does get too high and too low (I noticed this more last year when he would try to push up the ball so quickly he would just lose his dribble) but if anyone needs the C word on this team it's Rakim. I never noticed it on Reggie but I will look for it now.

Edit: For all of the "high basketball IQ" that Skinner talks about, this has to be up there as one of his stupidest teams.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

RECRUITS READ THIS BOARD!!!11!!!one!!
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I don't know if that's sarcastic or not, but I will say that this quote is far more of an indictment on Jackson than it is on Al. Skinner has won conference championships with this offense. Jackson needs to STFU and start playing hard. I do blame Al for the weaknesses (both physical and chemistry) of this team, but Jackson is looking more and more like a (dare I use the "C "word) cancer.

I think Jackson does get too high and too low (I noticed this more last year when he would try to push up the ball so quickly he would just lose his dribble) but if anyone needs the C word on this team it's Rakim. I never noticed it on Reggie but I will look for it now.

Edit: For all of the "high basketball IQ" that Skinner talks about, this has to be up there as one of his stupidest teams.

Oh, I agree, but this thread is about Sanders. A team can have multiple C words. And it's possible that Reggie will mature into a very productive player by his junior or senior year (see Marshall, Sean). It's too bad that Jackson and the rest of the underclassmen don't have a Dudley-like presence on the team. And, to some extent, that falls on the coach, because he's the one assembling the personalities on the team.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:48 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:RECRUITS READ THIS BOARD!!!11!!!one!!

Nobody asked you, blue-name who was passed over for moderator.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Ouch, that stings.

Yea, well you don't get a baseball board. Nyah. :slapfight
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Ouch, that stings.

Yea, well you don't get a baseball board. Nyah. :slapfight

:whiteflag
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Nobody likes the flex. It's a sucky high school offense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Nobody likes the flex. It's a sucky high school offense.

Actually, one guy did. His name was Jared Dudley. Whatever happened to that guy?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Actually, one guy did. His name was Jared Dudley. Whatever happened to that guy?

We don't even run the flex very often this season, so that hasn't been the problem. The issue is bad leadership, horrible man-to-man defense and atrocious shooting, which should all be on full display tonight.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

We don't even run the flex very often this season, so that hasn't been the problem. The issue is bad leadership, horrible man-to-man defense and atrocious shooting, which should all be on full display tonight.

Add that to the fact that we can be assured that we will get absolutely no favors from the officiating tonight and this could get ugly. I don't think the team will come out with any heart. Again, I hope I'm wrong and we can turn the season around with a win here.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:22 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Add that to the fact that we can be assured that we will get absolutely no favors from the officiating tonight and this could get ugly. I don't think the team will come out with any heart. Again, I hope I'm wrong and we can turn the season around with a win here.

I forgot about Duke and the officiating in that building. :bag
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MoMoneyBC on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 pm

If BC wins this game they will make the tournament... lose and tank the season
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Everything you say is true, and each point is more depressing than the last. When's the last time you saw this team come out with some fire and determination? Probably not since Cookie Monster and Jar-D were in town. Or when Kenny Walls flattened that scooter boy d-bag Jay Williams. And why does Rat Boy and his band of limp-wristed floor slappers get to count on the most ref favoritism since MJ? How does that happen? Don't refs see the same thing we do and want to punch Scheyer right in his gaping coolie (TM TRE)?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby BC '00 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BC '00 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Everything you say is true, and each point is more depressing than the last. When's the last time you saw this team come out with some fire and determination? Probably not since Cookie Monster and Jar-D were in town. Or when Kenny Walls flattened that scooter boy d-bag Jay Williams. And why does Rat Boy and his band of limp-wristed floor slappers get to count on the most ref favoritism since MJ? How does that happen? Don't refs see the same thing we do and want to punch Scheyer right in his gaping coolie (TM TRE)?

fire and determination were OWNED by the king of the court... since clank, the junkyard dog (kinda rhymes with ugly), and cookie left town there's been no fire (other than the spark to light :seanwilliams bong). our emotion leader was john fucking oates (SUPER UGH). these guys are too sensitive for the cheer sheets of the cameron nerds and they'll have those asianed douchebags in their heads all night.

and no one should punch scheyer in the gaping coolie... he'll punch up his buttcheeks and rip your arm off

+1 That had the benefit of being both correct and overly graphic. :kudos
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:40 pm

MoMoneyBC {l Wrote}:If BC wins this game they will make the tournament... lose and tank the season

I could see BC winning this game and then sucking the next game because of a crappy effort. That is what is so frustrating about them. Winning this game will guarantee nothing.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Ohioeagle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:05 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:If you go back to the old Eagle Insiders, I posted about 10 different treads on the stupid flex, that BC had the smallish depth team to go "40 minutes of Hell" and the flex was a problem and did not fit this team, its players, and hurt recruiting.

I posted this 3 years ago and I bet 99% of the hoops posters zinged me daily! and totally disagreed especially, my good amigos, and many others.

Sadly, over many years only a few remember that my track record here in that of a humble almost always correct on big issues genius.

One day I shall purchase the Atlantis servers and re-print my 'WHY THE FLEX IS A JOKE AND KILLS RECRUITING POSTS"!

This thread alone makes me wanna all to the ROMO PUKE thread, not because I was always right, --(I LOVE THAT LINE!)-- but now Al Skinner has really lost control of the team, the kids are pushing back hard, and these statements make him look like a recruiting fool and complete HEAD COACH DUNSEL.

After reading this if GDF has one working testicle, he would fire Al and his entire staff ala De Paul.

What a fucking disgrace.

Your Humble, humble genius at work 24/7 for all BC Guys.

Bow down now and thank the Lord you have me here to lead you out of the BC, Sports and World wilderness.

Okay, but who is waiting to step up to finish the season?
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum