FIRE AL AFTER THE ACC TOURNEY! Your Opinions Appreciated!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: FIRE AL AFTER THE ACC TOURNEY! Your Opinions Appreciated!

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:17 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:[ (see Oregon putting a Joey Harrington ad in Times Square. Something that simple put Oregon on the map).

Oregon played big time football before Harrington. Their recent explosion has less to do with Joey Heisman billboards and more to do with Phil Knight's endless supply of money to the program (which did pay for the billboard)

WE HAVE $1.6 BILLION

That fat fuckface Neenan is asking for $1.5B more?

We sending a spaceship to the moon or something from Higgins Hall?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:53 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:[ (see Oregon putting a Joey Harrington ad in Times Square. Something that simple put Oregon on the map).

Oregon played big time football before Harrington. Their recent explosion has less to do with Joey Heisman billboards and more to do with Phil Knight's endless supply of money to the program (which did pay for the billboard)

Yes, Orgeon played big time football before Harrington. But nobody knew.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:59 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Yes, Orgeon played big time football before Harrington. But nobody knew.

And Harrington played big time classical piano. But nobody knew until the Fiesta Bowl. I blame ABC for showing it 12 tims and tanking his NFL career before it started.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 am

I'm going to be crazy and say that Joey Harrington did most of the tanking of Joey Harrington's career.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm going to be crazy and say that Joey Harrington did most of the tanking of Joey Harrington's career.

You are crazy and I am going to argue, at length, using stats.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:21 am

I read all these threads and I am glad all the infighting and insults are now hopefully gone, but Al needs to go, bad apples, or not.

BC needs a new helmsman.

I feel bad for Al, but he is in charge, he recruited no new blood, he is a lazy recruiter by his actions and statements, and the blame and buck stops with Al.

One guy said bench Sanders, and I would let him ride the pines until he got splinters or got in shape.

Sanders looks like he had too many buckets of the Colonel's Original recipe and is in poor shape. Knight noticed it too.

Reggie would be picking splinters out his ass before I put him in or take him right out when he doesn't hustle and make him sit the whole game.

See ya later Al.

That second half was disgustiad and disgraciad.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:04 am

How about Fran Fraschilla he meets 2 of GDF's requrements, he is italian and would come cheap.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:16 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:How about Fran Fraschilla he meets 2 of GDF's requrements, he is italian and would come cheap.

Your a hater.

This was a hate message.

I am not cheap.

I am calling your wife and telling her you need new dishes, which is a fate worst than death.

I am banning you for 3 minutes.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby cremins on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 am

how about trying to get bobby cremins back into the ACC next year?
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:50 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
I am calling your wife and telling her you need new dishes, which is a fate worst than death.

True, this is one of the worst things that can happen to a man. This and castration.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby janebc on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:12 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:We should dominate in basketball being in Boston with the Celtics and the aura and the magic? WTF?

Flutie years wasted by the Admins!!...... a collective BC Sports tragedy!

Ryan years never capitalized on in recruiting a QB?

I agree. It doesn't take much effort to promote and effectively market a program, especially in a city like Boston and the media that comes along with it. (see Oregon putting a Joey Harrington ad in Times Square. Something that simple put Oregon on the map). It doesn't take much. Promote your star players, create a buzz around your program, market to the local sports fan base. Something GDF/administration fails to do.

Over the years, have you ever had the feeling that if the BC Administration spent half the energy doing just that instead of explaining all the reasons why we can't, we actually could have the type of CONSISTENTLY GOOD teams (hockey excepted, of course, where we have pretty much achieved that) most of us (Merrymen excepted, of course) on this board envision?
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:45 pm

janebc {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:We should dominate in basketball being in Boston with the Celtics and the aura and the magic? WTF?

Flutie years wasted by the Admins!!...... a collective BC Sports tragedy!

Ryan years never capitalized on in recruiting a QB?

I agree. It doesn't take much effort to promote and effectively market a program, especially in a city like Boston and the media that comes along with it. (see Oregon putting a Joey Harrington ad in Times Square. Something that simple put Oregon on the map). It doesn't take much. Promote your star players, create a buzz around your program, market to the local sports fan base. Something GDF/administration fails to do.

Over the years, have you ever had the feeling that if the BC Administration spent half the energy doing just that instead of explaining all the reasons why we can't, we actually could have the type of CONSISTENTLY GOOD teams (hockey excepted, of course, where we have pretty much achieved that) most of us (Merrymen excepted, of course) on this board envision?

Thank You JaneoflAws74 = GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!

After the Flutie Years, BC had the recruiting and charisma and donations and heavy prestige ball pushed way at the top of Mount Everest!---- and I shall always believe that the Puscadore and Evil Assholes that ran BC and the Admins all over and in admissions did all in their power to sabatoge BC Athletics in terms of not using all that Flutie Donation money properly and in recruiting hassles.

You have to believe in every instituion, and especially at BC, that there are scores of jealous academia skunks, fagolas and puddinheads and losers and faculty who would rather see no Athletics and BC be a huge failure in sports than see a Bob Knight or Brian Kelly type here at $3.5M a year.

Since Mack Brown arrived in Texas, UT Football Revenues have exploded with his Coaching and recruiting, and it was because of winning , not the normal benchmark average increases like all other major school football powerhouses experienced >>> but a quantum leap!!!

Tthis year the football revenue will make UT close to a $30M or more in net profit. That is unbelievable and it was citing on why Mack gets another $1.25M a year.

Texas upgraded everything with donations, the stadium, a weight room palace, recruiting, field, you name it and that investment from Mack's Coaching paid off with Mack Brown recruiting like crazy for the $$$$$$!! The Professors howled and Mack Brown said and his staff--"We are worth every penny with our long, long 12 month hours"!

We have let the best piece of real estate in America go to waste instead of crushing these miserable 74 radicals in Newton and Brighton. We have the power, but we are the enemy, we are Puscadores!

We could fit almost 2 Cowboy facilities in that tract!

Ergo, my Dome surrounded by high rise dorms and buildings like a mini-city of BC 74 Light the World! Ooops!!

Nope until I am President of the USA and BC, or both!!, BC needs the Magnificient Humble Genius 74 Vision right after a nuclear enema to flush these degenrate 5th column BC traitors into the sewer.

Your Dictator has spoken.

We roll soon.

Get the fuck outta my alma mater!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:44 pm

I was so wrong about Alsleep at The Wheel, please forgive me.

Fire him now and give Dan Very Dumbquette the reins and then make the team more entertaining next year by recruiting 7 bright orange-red haired Leprechauns that would get us killed by 50 every half, but boy it would be fun to have them around.

Midgets.

Dwarfs.

Leprechauns.

Ye, it will work!!!!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:49 pm

I would get 5 Intramural stars and start them in the next game whether road or--most likely home ----since you can do that in college, since your scholarships are limited and no effected with roster size.

Think these kids would get the message when these intramural kids dreams are fulfilled are getting 2 floor burns per possession, boxing out, have the intensity of a escaped convict and rebound with abandon?

Al Skinner has no balls. This team has quit and Al needs to busta move.

DISGRACIAD.

DISGUSTIAD.

GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY ALMA MATER!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm

I do not want to fire Al.

Because GDF will decide who to fire and he fails at every single thing he attempts to accomplish.

If :pickle goes away I''m on board.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:40 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I would get 5 Intramural stars and start them in the next game whether road or--most likely home ----since you can do that in college, since your scholarships are limited and no effected with roster size.

Think these kids would get the message when these intramural kids dreams are fulfilled are getting 2 floor burns per possession, boxing out, have the intensity of a escaped convict and rebound with abandon?

Al Skinner has no balls. This team has quit and Al needs to busta move.

DISGRACIAD.

DISGUSTIAD.

GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY ALMA MATER!

Thanks for reading Al and check the time before ALSLEEP AT THE WHEELS comments. :lame :lame

This is what you do Al. You make those comments after you put the 5 intramurals kids in!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:I was so wrong about Alsleep at The Wheel, please forgive me.

Fire him now and give Dan Very Dumbquette the reins and then make the team more entertaining next year by recruiting 7 bright orange-red haired Leprechauns that would get us killed by 50 every half, but boy it would be fun to have them around.

Midgets.

Dwarfs.

Leprechauns.

Yes, it will work!!!!!

BC is a laughingstock. :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 am

[quote="BCEagle74"]In all seriousness, when a Head Coach loses a team it is very difficult to get them back, and worse the next year since once lost, it takes a few recruiting years to flush out the malcontents or the just plain discouraged.

BC new recruits are watching the situation and hopefully will stay, but to what end?

It is a complex delicate psychological and athletic balance between maybe the kids are not enamored with the stupid flex or Al's Coaching Style, or the the flex doesn't fit their style--- and when they are disinterested, ergo they stop hustling and playing defense, and they lose that inner intensity and drive to excel.

There is a fine line between losing a team and failure to motivate a team.

You can't motivate hustle, desire, intensity, rebounding is nothing by WANT-TO, boxing out or team spirit--IF!!--there is an real dislike for the Head Coach's style or system.

If the team doesn't want to do all these things, then they are sending Al Skinner a message about his coaching and his poor in game management skills, and Al isn't gonna be "flexible" and change. No Way!

Maybe the rigid flex, ---(I love that oxymoron)-- is a bigger problem than we though?

Last year we have 4 guys watching Rice dribble, turnover, chuck, drive and lose the ball or foul and now we have guys who never learned the flex system since last year was a washout and now have no interest in Al or a failed system?

The 74 suggestion about a new trapping, pressing and running style should be implemented...BUT...then again Southern and Dunn are poor, poor post players and it would take others to crash the glass while the other 2 or 3 were breaking up the floor. Maybe a change ignites the intensity to box out and rebound and run and it works and fits their playing style?

To me with Al sad recruiting issues in the past few years and style, Al Skinner needs to be fired in March. I see no turn around with this under talented and lazy on defense bunch. Your defense and in you grille coverage sets up easy hoops, the crown gets rolling and lifts a team.

Maybe Al is just tired as he looks and its time for a rejuvenation change?

This team is now "El Conte De La Ole Matador Casa!"

No way this team makes the NCAA and wins at least 2 games so I say BC should fire him immediately

Maybe this next story will help Poor AL Skinner.

Say thank you for my presence and humble, humble genius!! :roll:

ENJOY, right after you ROMO PUKE UP SKINNER"S latest BULLSHIT ----look what I posted last week above and -----what came out of Asleeps mouth today!

GTFOMAM!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:32 pm

BC Needs a Change and so does ALSLEEP AT THE WHEEL.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:58 pm

A good coach wins the games @ VT and at home against FSU. A good coach also does not lose to St. Joe's, Harvard, Rhode Island and Maine in the same season. It's that simple.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum