AL to RU, but not really

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

AL to RU, but not really

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Their is some Seton Hall hoops wierdo pushing Al to replace Hill on the original TOS and posting on thread after thead on the RU board. I guess someone likes him.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Re: AL to RU, but not really

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:33 pm

I can't tell you how happy that would make me. Except for the fact that GDF would make a stupid hire and hurt the program worse.

Catch-22 I guess.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I would not expect Gene to make a strong hire. Someone like O'Shea would be a likely candidate or perhaps Coen. The upside is someone may finally get sick of Gene's hiring practices and start the momentum to get rid of him, which probably should have occurred 1 year after the school's entry into the ACC.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:46 pm

I wouldn't mind Coen at all. I believe he is the one who found/recruited Dudley and Smith and maybe even Bell. I could be wrong, though.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Karma Fairy on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 am

My entire problem is who GDF would hire. I thought Al was a great hire at the time but cant see myself ecstatic with anyone in particular right now.
Karma Fairy
n00b

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:23 am

First of all... say what you want about Al, but he would instantly be one of the all time best head coaches (in any sport) to ever set foot in Piscataway if that poster's dream came true.

Second of all... as previously referenced, before going crazy over the chance to bring in a "real head coach", realize that our coaching search would be limited to the following names: O'Shea, Lappas, Coen, Cooley and Duquette.

I'd have no problem gently pushing Skinner out the door if I thought we could land Few, Dixon, Wright or Pearl. But, since Gene is still our AD, you can be GUARANTEED whoever we hire to replace Skinner will be someone who has already worked under Gene (i.e. the aforementioned coaches). I think all would be certifiable train wrecks with the POSSIBLE exception of Coen (who could be moderately successful).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 am

HJS {l Wrote}:First of all... say what you want about Al, but he would instantly be one of the all time best head coaches (in any sport) to ever set foot in Piscataway if that poster's dream came true.

Second of all... as previously referenced, before going crazy over the chance to bring in a "real head coach", realize that our coaching search would be limited to the following names: O'Shea, Lappas, Coen, Cooley and Duquette.

I'd have no problem gently pushing Skinner out the door if I thought we could land Few, Dixon, Wright or Pearl. But, since Gene is still our AD, you can be GUARANTEED whoever we hire to replace Skinner will be someone who has already worked under Gene (i.e. the aforementioned coaches). I think all would be certifiable train wrecks with the POSSIBLE exception of Coen (who could be moderately successful).

There is no way Mark Few, Jamie Dixon or Jay Wright would come here. Pearl could probably be persuaded with $. I'm fine with Coen also actually. Forget the other guys you listed, that'd be a bigger problem than we have now.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:First of all... say what you want about Al, but he would instantly be one of the all time best head coaches (in any sport) to ever set foot in Piscataway if that poster's dream came true.

There is no way Mark Few, Jamie Dixon or Jay Wright would come here. Pearl could probably be persuaded with $. I'm fine with Coen also actually. Forget the other guys you listed, that'd be a bigger problem than we have now.

Agreed. Those aforementioned coaches would NEVER come to BC. I also think Pearl wouldn't jump ship more importantly I don't think BC would want him given the latest turmoil from his team right now. This season has been one big disappoinment. I usually defend the Skin Man but this one has to fall directly on him.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum