THAT is coaching...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: THAT is coaching...

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Did anyone else ever hear that Bruce Pearl said the only school he would leave Tennessee for is BC?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Shredder on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}: His UWM teams were filled with players that had criminal and academic problems.

Dunn
Raji
McClain
Sanders

Those are just off the top of my head, and none of those refer to academic problems.

Ravanel and many others if you want to include academic problems.

Let's not proclaim our players as Saints.

The point isn't that Pearl's players are crooks and that Al's have all been standup citizens. The point is that Pearl has a spotty past (and present) and that would likely not go well with the BC administration and probably not many fans either. Al has had his share of problem players: most recently Cheech and Chong, before that Bryant, Sidney and Watson. I have not heard anything about Sanders and Raji getting into any trouble. In terms of academics, BC has had players run into trouble with BC's own academic standards but I cannot recall having any players not meeting NCAA standards. Not mentioned in the Pearl lusting is that while at Iowa, he was involved in a scandal that led to him being blackballed from coaching in D1 for the 1990s. I admit, Pearl's teams are exciting to watch and I wish BC played like that, but he is not the answer for BC. BC would not hire or pay him what he wants and he probably would not want to go to a school where his tactics would not fly.

Find a new coach to fawn over because Pearl is never coming to BC. If I could poach a coach from another school, I'd grab Buzz Williams from Marquette. He doesn't take his shirt off at women's games so some posters won't like him, but he's been recruiting well and winning despite obstacles this season, plus he's a basketball coach, not a cheerleader or media hound.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 am

How about a guy like Phil Dunphy - that way Spaz and Tranq would have a good reason for more cookies and naps.

On a serious note, wouldn't it be possible that Keno Davis would be interested?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum