Please remind me

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Please remind me

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Why Al did not recruit anyone for the 2009 class?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Re: Please remind me

Postby ryrob on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Because we have scoring studs like Rakim Sanders and Biko Paris, why would we need any help?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Because he could not sell the place to anyone he thought could get playing time.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:Because he could not sell the place to anyone he thought could get playing time.

Holy shit that's depressing. Really, no one could get playing time over THESE players?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMcG on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:55 pm

I have to admit it bugged me watching Alex Oriakhi, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, and Erik Murphy on TV this afternoon. We could have used any of these guys from right in our backyard. I can't really blame them for not wanting to be part of a program that generates no excitement even when they are winning and plays in front of an empty arena every game.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:05 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:I have to admit it bugged me watching Alex Oriakhi, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, and Erik Murphy on TV this afternoon. We could have used any of these guys from right in our backyard. I can't really blame them for not wanting to be part of a program that generates no excitement even when they are winning and plays in front of an empty arena every game.

exactly. Third rate programs get more fan support than bc. What do people expect?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:11 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:exactly. Third rate programs get more fan support than bc. What do people expect?

A team that tries hard and gives 100% for every game. That's not too much to ask for.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:12 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:exactly. Third rate programs get more fan support than bc. What do people expect?

A team that tries hard and gives 100% for every game. That's not too much to ask for.

Exactly. Raji is the only one I can think of that tries 100% on this team. Maybe Dunn, too. I think Southern tries, it's just that he's terrible at being 6'10.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:26 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

My comment was addressing recruiting, not effort, which has obviously been pathetic and the fans cannot be blamed for that.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

My comment was addressing recruiting, not effort, which has obviously been pathetic and the fans cannot be blamed for that.

And my comment explains why third rate programs get more fan support than BC.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

The fans can have something to do with recruiting. A recruit visits for an ACC game and sees 3,200 people...meanwhile the same guy goes to numerous other programs who are playing in front of 7,000+ every night. BC has been in front of only one ACC team in attendance over the years and that is Miami. BC was 99th in attendance in 2009 at 5,548 per game (which I believe is inflated with tickets sold, not true turnstyle numbers). Not to mention the fans that do show up act as if they are in church. This has been a problem for a while.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum