I'm just gonna say it

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I'm just gonna say it

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:27 pm

This is not a very good basketball team.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: I'm just gonna say it

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Not to be a giant a-hole...but weren't you saying that they'd just play up to the competition like always?
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:36 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Not to be a giant a-hole...but weren't you saying that they'd just play up to the competition like always?

Yep. I was wrong for this game.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:57 pm

We have a game thread. You started it.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:59 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:We have a game thread. You started it.

This is not related specifically to this game, but the season in general.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:41 pm

when was it exactly that Rakim Sanders turned into a shitty basketball player? I knew he never cared, but now he sucks too.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Shredder on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:13 pm

I've tried being optimistic about this team but yesterday afternoon was terrible. Nothing looked good. Outside shooting and turnovers were bad enough but the defense was abysmal. A lot of that is not having a inside defender now that Southern has been minimized. Last year I posted a thread that I couldn't be the only one who thought that any team could make a few passes and have an open three against our team.

Last January BC tanked against VT (part of the losing streak that started with Harvard) and I just didn't know what to say. The team looked anemic. The only shred of hope I have remaining is that past teams have started out slowly in conference then gone on tears. Last season the win at Georgia Tech in overtime was what I thought a season turner. This year's team is going to need a major wake-up call or something.

Props to everyone on this board who saw this coming and has wanted Al's head since the beginning. Your perpetual negativity fits well with the program.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:I've tried being optimistic about this team but yesterday afternoon was terrible. Nothing looked good. Outside shooting and turnovers were bad enough but the defense was abysmal. A lot of that is not having a inside defender now that Southern has been minimized. Last year I posted a thread that I couldn't be the only one who thought that any team could make a few passes and have an open three against our team.

Last January BC tanked against VT (part of the losing streak that started with Harvard) and I just didn't know what to say. The team looked anemic. The only shred of hope I have remaining is that past teams have started out slowly in conference then gone on tears. Last season the win at Georgia Tech in overtime was what I thought a season turner. This year's team is going to need a major wake-up call or something.

Props to everyone on this board who saw this coming and has wanted Al's head since the beginning. Your perpetual negativity fits well with the program.

there's a difference between negativity and seeing things as they are.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:43 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I was just getting a laugh, I agree!

Too bad the old Insiders long forums were deleted by the UVACUNT.

I wanted to go back 2-3 years and identify when I called out Al Skinner and his stupid flex and his bad recruiting and in game coaching and all those who zinged me.

The 74 posting of topics or ---(my HUMBLE GENIUS :roll: )--- and the list of detractors now trampled upon and destroyed since August 2003 is now endless:

TOBLUNDERS0-13
Joining the ACC
MCGOO
SPAZOO
AL Barcolounger Skinner
GDFuckup
JAGS
Leahy-Hoo
Peter Cro-Magnum Man
Lazy Farrell
Craig Pretty Boy James
ESPuscadores
Obamination..

Just too much humility to remember!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Shredder on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}: there's a difference between negativity and seeing things as they are.

There is. You're always negative about the team. Even if they made the tournament, you bitch about how they should have gone farther or harp on how they could have gotten a better seed. No matter what the team does, as you see it, Al is a bad coach and the players have no hearts.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:Al is a bad coach and the players have no hearts.

The first statement may or may not be true. The second statement is most definitely true.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}: there's a difference between negativity and seeing things as they are.

There is. You're always negative about the team. Even if they made the tournament, you bitch about how they should have gone farther or harp on how they could have gotten a better seed. No matter what the team does, as you see it, Al is a bad coach and the players have no hearts.

You viewed my posts about al and this team as negativity because you didn't agree with them. Now 75% of the posts on this board are exactly what I have been saying since the start of the season. I wasn't being negative. I was being observant.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:

You viewed my posts about al and this team as negativity because you didn't agree with them. Now 75% of the posts on this board are exactly what I have been saying since the start of the season. I wasn't being negative. I was being observant.

You never made one post about the team's "heart". We all know you've been anti-Skinner for years.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:45 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:

You never made one post about the team's "heart". We all know you've been anti-Skinner for years.

I have said a million times that Al doesn't motivate players and that this team does not have the character or the leadership to motivate themselves. That is one of my biggest criticisms of Al. If you don't have a Jared Dudley on the team no one is going to do it, the coach just lets the team not care without any consequences.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:07 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I was just getting a laugh, I agree!

Yeah haha, I know I wasn't offended or anything you were just bustin' balls
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:55 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:Al is a bad coach and the players have no hearts.

The first statement may or may not be true. The second statement is most definitely true.

There are enough medicore teams in the ACC that BC can probably eek out some wins. The players have perfected laying down and dying, arguing with each other on the court and just an overall lack of caring. I still think Al sucks, but it doesn't have much to do with this season, Coack K couldn't help these guys.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum