OFFICIAL CLEMSON GAME AND PREGAME THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

OFFICIAL CLEMSON GAME AND PREGAME THREAD

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Boston College 68
Clemson 79

Jackson 14 6 rebounds 5 TO's
Sanders 11 5 rebounds 3 TO's
Trapani 10 2-9 3PT shooting

Booker 25 10 rebounds
Stit 12 5 AST
Smith 12 5 rebounds

A beating by Duke leaves a sour taste in Clemson's mouth. They take it out on BC at home by pressing and getting turnovers. BC makes it interesting a few times because they can hang with Clemson and have improved against the press (it seems).
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: OFFICIAL CLEMSON GAME AND PREGAME THREAD

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:03 pm

BC 76
Teh Clemson 66

Skinner is going to give us the good coaching effort tomorrow and make the right calls. We'll be ready for the press based on what I've seen thus far. 2-0 versus teams in the state of SC hopefully. :angrychicken
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 am

BC wins. Period.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:44 am

Eagles---77
Clemson-80

BC is well rested and Clemson is either on or off and this year they are helter skelter too.

Career games by Sanders and Raji keep it close, but BC's interior defense gives up too many Ole's and easy hoops.

If Southern knocks a Tiger or two around with ahrd fouls like Dunn, we may win.

No faith in either glamour program. Hoceky ahs hit a bump but having Jerry York, you always have a shot at the Final 16.

Go Eagles!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:21 am

No TV today? Really?!?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:05 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:No TV today? Really?!?

It's on Channel 38 in Boston. (channel 14 if you have comcast).
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 am

Where in Texas?

Justin TV...too far to drive there..

10 degrees in Cowtown last night....record cold....

Wife stoned me.

I deked left and went for the 5 hole and she made a great kick save.

Disgraciad.

Williams 1970..nothing changes.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:18 pm

ESPN360
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby mezmrin on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 pm

12 pack says the Clemson takes this one :titanic
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 pm

mezmrin {l Wrote}:12 pack says the Clemson takes this one :titanic

what do you owe me in the running tally? I will take that bet.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:51 pm

People really think this BC team is going to beat Clemson on the road without Trevor Booker succumbing to cancer in the next 69 minutes? That's a lot of faith for a team that couldn't beat Maine at home...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:51 pm

BC could win by 10 or lose by 30 and neither would surprise me. If Al is in the turtleneck then I'll lean toward the former.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Clemson is better than Maine, so BC will play better. The most frustrating thing about them.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mezmrin on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i'm up a case or so now. BC has been slipping for you the past couple of years :chewbanka
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:12 pm

mezmrin {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

i'm up a case or so now. BC has been slipping for you the past couple of years :chewbanka

My comeback starts today. :slapfight :boxer :whalepants
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:12 pm

It will be fun to see them play in front of a full house.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:21 pm

TOs will determine whether BC can stay in this game or get blown out.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:21 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:It will be fun to see them play in front of a full house.

:lame
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Clemson is better than Maine, so BC will play better. The most frustrating thing about them.

I'm sorry, but this playing up or down to the level of their competition thing is totally false. Of the games that people keep pointing out as indications that they play "up" in big games...

Michigan is 8-6 and has lost 6 of it's last 9...not exactly marquee ultimately...BC almost folded a huge lead in that game...

UMass is 7-7 including losses to Cornell, Central Florida, and Davidson.

South Carolina is 9-5 with losses to Baylor and Wofford...Skinners crew almost blew a 30 point lead in 5 minutes...

Not exactly murderers row. The only win that holds up under scrutiny is the Miami win (14-1)...and even that looks suspect (still unranked). Since losing to BC, Miami rebounded by beating perennial powers Stetson, NC A&T, Bethune Cookman, Pepperdine, and Florida Atlantic.

This is a mediocre team...period. No playing up or down depending on the opponent.

Clemson 137 BC 47...28 turnovers for the Eagles...48/27 for Trevor Booker.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:It will be fun to see them play in front of a full house.

:lame

2 months worth of games against bad teams in half empty gyms is enough for me, thanks. I'm excited for ACC play.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:30 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Clemson is better than Maine, so BC will play better. The most frustrating thing about them.

I'm sorry, but this playing up or down to the level of their competition thing is totally false. Of the games that people keep pointing out as indications that they play "up" in big games...

Michigan is 8-6 and has lost 6 of it's last 9...not exactly marquee ultimately...BC almost folded a huge lead in that game...

South Carolina is 9-5 with losses to Baylor and Wofford...Skinners crew almost blew a 30 point lead in 5 minutes...

Not exactly murderers row. The only win that holds up under scrutiny is the Miami win (14-1)...and even that looks suspect (still unranked). Since losing to BC, Miami rebounded by beating perennial powers Stetson, NC A&T, Bethune Cookman, Pepperdine, and Florida Atlantic.

This is a mediocre team...period. No playing up or down depending on the opponent.

It is historically correct with Al Skinner teams, and is probably a by product of BC fans sucking balls. BC is playing its first good team today, yet you assert that the premise is false with no empirical evidence to the contrary.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

It is historically correct with Al Skinner teams, and is probably a by product of BC fans sucking balls. BC is playing its first good team today, yet you assert that the premise is false with no empirical evidence to the contrary.

You mean aside from the games that I just listed? Don't let facts get in the way of blind faith though...
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:36 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

You mean aside from the games that I just listed? Don't let facts get in the way of blind faith though...

You haven't listed a single game that BC played a good opponent. Because they haven't played one. So how can you tell if they will play up when they do? We will find out today.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:37 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Ummm, right... Then explain last year for Harvard and UNC...
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:39 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Ummm, right... Then explain last year for Harvard and UNC...

He's going to say its a different team, even though it was Jackson and Sanders that were the difference in those two games. The big knock on those two guys is that they show up for bigger games, but don't do as well against weaker opponents (OJ's inconsistency argument).
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

You haven't listed a single game that BC played a good opponent. Because they haven't played one. So how can you tell if they will play up when they do? We will find out today.
The point was that people have tried to justify the losses to Maine, Harvard, URI, St. Joe's, etc. by saying that BC plays down to teams like that and then up to bigger opponents. The games cited as "bigger opponents" this year were South Carolina, Michigan, Miami, and UMass. Of those games, only Miami still has a decent record, and it's entirely a sham.

This means that they've played tight or lost to BAD teams and played tight or lost to mediocre teams, with the vast majority of those games at home. What (other than the Craig Smith, Jared Dudley led teams) suggests they're going to go into a hostile environment with no forward capable of defending a player like Booker, and beat Clemson?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

The point was that people have tried to justify the losses to Maine, Harvard, URI, St. Joe's, etc. by saying that BC plays down to teams like that and then up to bigger opponents. The games cited as "bigger opponents" this year were South Carolina, Michigan, Miami, and UMass. Of those games, only Miami still has a decent record, and it's entirely a sham.

This means that they've played tight or lost to BAD teams and played tight or lost to mediocre teams, with the vast majority of those games at home. What (other than the Craig Smith, Jared Dudley led teams) suggests they're going to go into a hostile environment with no forward capable of defending a player like Booker, and beat Clemson?

I haven't cited one bigger opponent. BC has played poor teams and played poorly. They played mediocre teams and played mediocre. Today we find out what they do against a good team.

And Booker is not in the ballpark of being as good as you are pretending.

Oh, and I didn't realize Dudley and Smith were on the team that played up and beat UNC and Duke last season but played down against Harvard.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:46 pm

The defensive juggernaut of Trapani, Southern, and Roche have made worse players into stars...and Booker is the best they've seen this year.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:48 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:The defensive juggernaut of Trapani, Southern, and Roche have made worse players into stars...and Booker is the best they've seen this year.

You keep proving my point. That juggernaut played up to beat UNC last season, yet lost to Harvard. I expect more of the same this season, although Clemson's press (not Booker) is an admittedly bad matchup.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:50 pm

EagleDave didn't feel like answering my first question. But that's alright because I have one more.

What about Duke and St. Louis last year?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum