OFFICIAL CLEMSON GAME AND PREGAME THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OFFICIAL CLEMSON GAME AND PREGAME THREAD

Postby angrychicken on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Who's Kevin Trapani?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:This team is shooting 8% from 3. But they're only down 15. I think we know what killed us this game.

This game has nothing to do with threes, and everything to do with a lack of defense, and missed bunnies (20 points worth).

If you don't think the 7% 3 point shooting has had a moderate to severe impact on the game then your head needs to be evaluated immediately.

I don't. That's what BC shoots from 3. Their outside shooting sucks, and they shouldn't be taking them at all. And it is a stupid stat because one made three jumps it 10%.

20 points lost inside of 2 feet of the basket is much more telling on this game.

YMCA teams shoot better percentages from halfcourt.

So... You think if BC was shooting 40%, this game still wouldn't be close?

On 11 three point attempts? That's 3 more threes. They are down 20. So no.

Not to mention that the idea that this team could ever shoot 40% from three is preposterous.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:This team is shooting 8% from 3. But they're only down 15. I think we know what killed us this game.

This game has nothing to do with threes, and everything to do with a lack of defense, and missed bunnies (20 points worth).

If you don't think the 7% 3 point shooting has had a moderate to severe impact on the game then your head needs to be evaluated immediately.

I don't. That's what BC shoots from 3. Their outside shooting sucks, and they shouldn't be taking them at all. And it is a stupid stat because one made three jumps it 10%.

20 points lost inside of 2 feet of the basket is much more telling on this game.

YMCA teams shoot better percentages from halfcourt.

So... You think if BC was shooting 40%, this game still wouldn't be close?

On 11 three point attempts? That's 3 more threes. They are down 20. So no.

Of course they need to make their layups too, but you don't win just on making layups. You can count missed "bunnies" all you want, but the fact is a lot of those layups are contested and are not automatic baskets for anyone.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Oh my God, a three.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:58 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Who's Kevin Trapani?

Whoever he is put the SOB in!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Um, the 10 missed layups are the uncontested ones. They have missed 5-6 additional contested ones. There were 10 WIDE OPEN uncontested layups missed (otherwise known as "Rajis") in this game. Raji and Paris each had 3 Rajis, Sanders had 2 Rajis, and Trapani and Jackson each had one Raji.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Um, the 10 missed layups are the uncontested ones. They have missed 5-6 additional contested ones. There were 10 WIDE OPEN uncontested layups missed (otherwise known as "Rajis") in this game. Raji and Paris each had 3 Rajis, Sanders had 2 Rajis, and Trapani and Jackson each had one Raji.

Yes, nobody is denying that's an impact. But you denying 3 point shooting as an impact is a severely retarded statement all together.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:00 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:I'll say it again, no NCAA team can be successful if you cant shoot the 3. It's too integral to the game today, it's not 1970 and sky hooks aren't worth shit. Better 3 point shooting is indicative of better jump shooting which also translates over to better foul shooting. BC is done without any shooters. I defy you to name one good team who has made it anywhere in college basketball shooting as poorly as BC does. What do you think queues all those mid-major upsets in the tournament?

THIS IS THE BEST BASKETBALL POST THIS YEAR.

PURE TRUTH.

GREAT POST!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:01 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Dee-

Could you reach over and smack your Clemson husband for me?

Thanks.

When he says what was that for,----- like I have been doing for 20 years 3 times a day--, say that was from 74 and enjoy!

Haahaa! ;)
We STINK!!!!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:04 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Um, the 10 missed layups are the uncontested ones. They have missed 5-6 additional contested ones. There were 10 WIDE OPEN uncontested layups missed (otherwise known as "Rajis") in this game. Raji and Paris each had 3 Rajis, Sanders had 2 Rajis, and Trapani and Jackson each had one Raji.

Yes, nobody is denying that's an impact. But you denying 3 point shooting as an impact is a severely retarded statement all together.

That's like saying a Ford could beat a Ferrari in a race if it could go faster. A) BC isn't a 40% three point shooting team (most aren't) and B) if they had shot 40% from three they still lose by double digits. It is only 3-4 more threes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:05 pm

I can't watch anymore. My BP just went nuclear and I ahd to use 30 mgs of linsopril.

Motherfucking can't box out midgets.

I am done for the season.

Injured reserve.

9th Floor.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

That's like saying a Ford could beat a Ferrari in a race if it could go faster. A) BC isn't a 40% three point shooting team (most aren't) and B) if they had shot 40% from three they still lose by double digits. It is only 3-4 more threes.

You are missing my point.

1) Lack of 3 point shooting is making a severe impact.
2) Layups are also a severe impact.

And if BC makes "3-4" more threes it's a four point loss WITHOUT the help of the missed layups.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

It's not that we're not a 3 point shooting team, it's that we're distinctly below average. According to KENPOM, we came into this game 214th in the country in 3pt shooting percentage, 103rd in 2pt % (and those will surely drop after today). We can't shoot, it's that plain and simple, and it reflects in our game play. We don't have that dimension, and we don't have any inside presence to compensate.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:13 pm

BTW, I discovered through Kenpom that we're 340th in the country in steals per game. That's 7th from LAST in all of Division 1. That's our defensive intensity right there.

Holy Cross is dead last at 347th though. :chewbanka
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum