Tyrese Rice

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Tyrese Rice

Postby buconvict on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Just wanted to reiterate how much he sucked and was a liability to the team. Such a pathetic leader, never passed, no defense...etc etc. Biko Paris, as me and Rev Mike predicted, has unquestionably done a better job running the offense than Rice ever did.

Praise Jesus Tyrese is gone. The team is MUCH better off because of it.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Re: Tyrese Rice

Postby EaglesTalon on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:19 pm

<RyanBC>you suck. go die</RyanBC>
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:27 pm

This season has nothing to do with Ty Rice. Except for the fact that the team still looks like they are waiting for him to pound the rock at the midcourt for 30 seconds and then chuck up a three.

This season is squarely on the guys that are still there not performing to half of the level that they performed last year now that more is expected of them. I expected guys to step up based on what they showed last season. They haven't.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 pm

At least Rice might have made one of those three pointer's we chucked at the hoop yesterday. What's the difference really between Rice pounding the basketball for 30 seconds and our team passing the ball around the perimeter for 30 seconds then jacking a three?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This season has nothing to do with Ty Rice. Except for the fact that the team still looks like they are waiting for him to pound the rock at the midcourt for 30 seconds and then chuck up a three.

This season is squarely on the guys that are still there not performing to half of the level that they performed last year now that more is expected of them. I expected guys to step up based on what they showed last season. They haven't.

You don't think it's possible that Tyrese, by demanding two defenders/the best defender the other team had, and by being able to stretch the defense out to 27 feet, made his teammates better?

I think results have been pretty conclusive that this team misses Tyrese Rice terribly. Hopefully, all the Rice haters will end up being correct. I'm just not holding my breath.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:09 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This season has nothing to do with Ty Rice. Except for the fact that the team still looks like they are waiting for him to pound the rock at the midcourt for 30 seconds and then chuck up a three.

You don't think it's possible that Tyrese, by demanding two defenders/the best defender the other team had, and by being able to stretch the defense out to 27 feet, made his teammates better?

I think results have been pretty conclusive that this team misses Tyrese Rice terribly. Hopefully, all the Rice haters will end up being correct. I'm just not holding my breath.

I think that whatever amount that Rice's range made the team better is balanced by the fact that Biko will actually pass them the ball. The problem as I see it is that no one is stepping up to be aggressive, and the one guy that has stepped up, Trapani, is missing WIDE OPEN shots. It is not like this team can't get shots - they get plenty of open shots. Unlike last season, guys simply aren't making them. I have seen 5-6 of the games, and the shooting has been horrendous.

Moreover, now that they have gone to the short lineup, they no longer feast on the offensive boards like they did in the Miami game. Which would make up for the bad shots and allow for points during cold stretches. Raji has utterly disappeared since he moved to the 4.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Losing Rice is not the reason this team sucks. The team has playmakers. It's about (1) not making shots, (2) playing poor defense, and (3) showing no effort/heart. Rice was a big proponent of the second one and arguably the third as well.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:44 pm

The last piece of the 2005-2007 teams and the swagger they brought with them died when Tyrese Rice graduated. I will always miss the competitiveness and swagger of Jared Dudley and Sean Marshall. I miss them like a BITCH now. I've never seen any one of these guys play confidently or with any sort of swagger. It's ridiculous. The closest player I can draw to the Dudley mould is Raji, because he's a scrapper and works hard. But there is no heart or emotion. Every once in awhile Jackson shows he has life, but it isn't enough.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am

Just wanted to once again point out how much better this team is without Tyrese Rice.

ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION OOL :bag

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:58 pm

If the other 10 guys had played like this last season, BC would have been sub .500. Ty Rice could not fix this.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If the other 10 guys had played like this last season, BC would have been sub .500. Ty Rice could not fix this.

I agree
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If the other 10 guys had played like this last season, BC would have been sub .500. Ty Rice could not fix this.

Again, I think that Rice's presence made his teammates better by spreading the floor, creating space, and drawing the best defender, if not two defenders. How people fail to see that astounds me.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:59 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:

Again, I think that Rice's presence made his teammates better by spreading the floor, creating space, and drawing the best defender, if not two defenders. How people fail to see that astounds me.

Because it is not true. Spacing would not help Trapani and Sanders knock down the wide open shots or help Raji and Jackson make the layups. They are shooting horribly and it has little to do with defense. Actually watching the games, these shots are open. There were double digit missed wide open layups in the Clemson game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

Because it is not true. Spacing would not help Trapani and Sanders knock down the wide open shots or help Raji and Jackson make the layups. They are shooting horribly and it has little to do with defense. Actually watching the games, these shots are open. There were double digit missed wide open layups in the Clemson game.

So your statement on this year's failures is "Everyone just suddenly sucks for no apparent reason"? I'll file that right next to the "Huge Guy" theory and the "Serial Crusher" theory.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:48 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

So your statement on this year's failures is "Everyone just suddenly sucks for no apparent reason"? I'll file that right next to the "Huge Guy" theory and the "Serial Crusher" theory.

Here's the reason:

THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:52 pm

this team would suck with or without rice. I thought they might be a little better than last year, maybe about the same - i.e., not that great. But they are FAR FAR worse. Maybe we know now why rice was such a ball hog - because the guys around him sucked.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

I fail to see the causal connection between Rice leaving and guys who shot 45% suddenly shooting 32%. I would jump to the same assumption you do if all I was looking at was statistics. Watching the games, however, shows that there is absolutely no support for the concept that they are being covered tighter because Rice is not there.

I have no explanation for why the shooting went in the can from all distances. But the "Rice is gone" explanation is unsupported unless all you are doing is watching the box score. It reminds me of the theory where the world was flat. Just because there is an effect doesn't mean the obvious is the cause.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum