If everyone is giving up on BC hoop....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

If everyone is giving up on BC hoop....

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Are you all going to stop posting? Just sayin'...
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: If everyone is giving up on BC hoop....

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Are you all going to stop posting? Just sayin'...

nope.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:29 pm

No. Just like in Fball, we kept bitching until they dumped Toby. Al will go. Maybe not this year but if this year is bad and so is next,with a mostly senior line-up next year, then he will be shown the door.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Realistically, there are like 16+ games left in this season... So no, I haven't. Because things will change once we get into ACC play. They will be motivated and you will see what we saw vs. South Carolina, @ Michigan, and vs. Miami.

Better play, that is.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:40 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Realistically, there are like 16+ games left in this season... So no, I haven't. Because things will change once we get into ACC play. They will be motivated and you will see what we saw vs. South Carolina, @ Michigan, and vs. Miami.

Better play, that is.

That, or leads followed by massive collapses. One or the other.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:44 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Realistically, there are like 16+ games left in this season... So no, I haven't. Because things will change once we get into ACC play. They will be motivated and you will see what we saw vs. South Carolina, @ Michigan, and vs. Miami.

Better play, that is.

it doesn't matter. We would have to win the ACC tourney to make the NCAAs, because we aren't going 11-5 in the regular season
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby TheAngryChair on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Better play, that is.

it doesn't matter. We would have to win the ACC tourney to make the NCAAs, because we aren't going 11-5 in the regular season

Are you a psychic?
Formerly BCEagles25, who still likes BC basketball.
TheAngryChair
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:56 pm

TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Better play, that is.

Are you a psychic?

Do you have to be a psychic to know that losses to URI, Maine, St. Joes, UNI, and Harvard are not a sign of a team going 10-6 or 11-5 in the ACC?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby TheAngryChair on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Better play, that is.

Are you a psychic?

Do you have to be a psychic to know that losses to URI, Maine, St. Joes, UNI, and Harvard are not a sign of a team going 10-6 or 11-5 in the ACC?

You fail to account for the good wins. One of them being an ACC team.
TheAngryChair
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 pm

They probably need to go 10-6 in the ACC (9-6 in the remaining games) which would give them 19-11 to make the dance.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TheAngryChair on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:They probably need to go 10-6 in the ACC (9-6 in the remaining games) which would give them 19-11 to make the dance.

Right. And add the NJIT win (I fucking hope) and that's 20-11. I think that's do-able, not to mention at least one win the the ACC tournament.
TheAngryChair
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Full court press and 40 minutes of hell and get Heslip in there and give Roche some speed pills and the fast break and run run run....

Then we might go 8-8 in a weaker ACC and win 3 Tourney games and get a 11 seed Bubbleicious.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:05 pm

TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Better play, that is.

Are you a psychic?

you are fucking kidding me. this is the worst resume of BAD LOSSES the committe would ever see if BC went 10-6. We are not making the tourney (A) because we have seen that BC sucks and (B) because if BC is EVEN CLOSE to the bubble, it burst today.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby TheAngryChair on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Better play, that is.

Are you a psychic?

you are fucking kidding me. this is the worst resume of BAD LOSSES the committe would ever see if BC went 10-6. We are not making the tourney (A) because we have seen that BC sucks and (B) because if BC is EVEN CLOSE to the bubble, it burst today.

(C) We have also seen that BC is good.

You can't just say the season is over 14 games into it. Even if there were losses to Maine... And Harvard... and Rhode Island... and-- Well, you get it. Because Rhode Island and UNI are 10-1 and they could both be this year's mid-major contenders.
TheAngryChair
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:13 pm

TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Better play, that is.

Are you a psychic?

(C) We have also seen that BC is good.

You can't just say the season is over 14 games into it. Even if there were losses to Maine... And Harvard... and Rhode Island... and-- Well, you get it. Because Rhode Island and UNI are 10-1 and they could both be this year's mid-major contenders.

the season is over.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby TheAngryChair on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
the season is over.

Then stop posting.
TheAngryChair
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:24 pm

TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
the season is over.

Then stop posting.

sorry, i will post because I like BC and know we can do better than this joke of a coach.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bosa90 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
the season is over.

Then stop posting.

sorry, i will post because I like BC and know we can do better than this joke of a coach.

Happy drinking, OJ!!!

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:47 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
the season is over.

Then stop posting.

sorry, i will post because I like WHEN BC LOSES and know we can do better than this joke of a coach.

there, thats better.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby TheAngryChair on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:10 am

bcbcbcbcbc4444 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
the season is over.

Then stop posting.

sorry, i will post because I like WHEN BC LOSES and know we can do better than this joke of a coach.

there, thats better.

+1
TheAngryChair
n00b

Postby auggiebc on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 am

why give up now? it can't get any worse. at least we now get to see this team play some real games. all these OOC cupcake games have been very boring. playing in front of high school crowds and getting beat by high school teams is pretty much rock bottom. things can only get better for us fans.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:12 pm

TheAngryChair {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:They probably need to go 10-6 in the ACC (9-6 in the remaining games) which would give them 19-11 to make the dance.

Right. And add the NJIT win (I fucking hope) and that's 20-11. I think that's do-able, not to mention at least one win the the ACC tournament.

Seriously? If that's true (I doubt it with these losses) that 9-6 in the remaining games will get us into the Tournament, then all hope probably isn't lossed. The committee is really going to let a team in with 20 wins but losses to Maine, Harvard and St. Joseph's? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't have a ton of historical context on this sort of thing.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:36 pm

You have really embraced your role as the Sayso/Eaglewings merryman of BC basketball. Very impressive! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Better play, that is.

you suck i hate you
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

You have really embraced your role as the Sayso/Eaglewings merryman of BC basketball. Very impressive! :ace

Sad part is, I am not an Al fan and never really have been. Don't like the way he coaches at all. Sit here and watch the games and pick apart his strategy or lack thereof.

But his success is undeniable, and the demands to fire him are so retarded and for the dumbest of reasons, and the comparisons to TOB and football so fucking naive and stupid, that I have no interest in piling on.

I was never an optimist about BC football because there was no reason to be optimistic. You knew they were going 8-4 and losing a shit game that would give them a shot at a conference title. I was an optimist with BC basketball because Al gave fans a reason to be optimistic. All of you seem to have forgotten that because of one bad season (when everyone except us predicted them to be bad by the way).
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:11 pm

URI will not be a terrible loss. Harvard might even prove to be a decent loss. Maine and St Joe's are terrible.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:30 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:URI will not be a terrible loss. Harvard might even prove to be a decent loss. Maine and St Joe's are terrible.

Maine might be one of the Top 5 worst losses in BC basketball history.

I can also think of as nominees:

L 59-60 Villanova '05
L 75-83 UW-Milwuakee
USC loss in 2000.
Robert Morris in 2007.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Sad part is, I am not an Al fan and never really have been. Don't like the way he coaches at all. Sit here and watch the games and pick apart his strategy or lack thereof.

But his success is undeniable, and the demands to fire him are so retarded and for the dumbest of reasons, and the comparisons to TOB and football so fucking naive and stupid, that I have no interest in piling on.

I was never an optimist about BC football because there was no reason to be optimistic. You knew they were going 8-4 and losing a shit game that would give them a shot at a conference title. I was an optimist with BC basketball because Al gave fans a reason to be optimistic. All of you seem to have forgotten that because of one bad season (when everyone except us predicted them to be bad by the way).

2 seasons ago was a good season? Last year was something to brag about? You are a merryman who accepts mediocrity.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

2 seasons ago was a good season? Last year was something to brag about? You are a merryman who accepts mediocrity.

The Spaz-sucker who defends "76 second knockout" is calling someone else a merryman? I would laugh, but I don't find racism very funny.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:13 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

The Spaz-sucker who defends "76 second knockout" is calling someone else a merryman? I would laugh, but I don't find racism very funny.

Ah yes, if you think Al is no longer good for the program, you must be a racist. Brilliant argument.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum