If this was the football team, people would want blood

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

If this was the football team, people would want blood

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Maybe not the admins who put up with TOB's WTFs but I know everyone here would be pissed. I like AL, I like screaming Skinner!!!!! like superintendent Chomers. I like some of our guys because they wear the maroon, but it may be time for Al to move on. He has done great things, some big wins over the years, but sometimes its just time to move on. A fresh face, inject some passion into BC and AL where ever he lands. I never understood why the team wilts against the press, why we cant run an in bounds play and why people cheer that Skinner doesn't put the hours in that others do. Al has the 3rd most ACC wins since we joined the conference but we were also bailed out by Smith and Dudley blossoming into stars,

If BC lost to Kent State and Northeastern this year, would anyone hear put up with it? Al has done the equivalent. Barring a miracle ACC season it may be time to move on. He may have it in him but this team has got to have passion and blow teams like Maine out. I dont see Al having Passion.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Re: If this was the football team, people would want blood

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:06 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Maybe not the admins who put up with TOB's WTFs but I know everyone here would be pissed. I like AL, I like screaming Skinner!!!!! like superintendent Chomers. I like some of our guys because they wear the maroon, but it may be time for Al to move on. He has done great things, some big wins over the years, but sometimes its just time to move on. A fresh face, inject some passion into BC and AL where ever he lands. I never understood why the team wilts against the press, why we cant run an in bounds play and why people cheer that Skinner doesn't put the hours in that others do. Al has the 3rd most ACC wins since we joined the conference but we were also bailed out by Smith and Dudley blossoming into stars,

If BC lost to Kent State and Northeastern this year, would anyone hear put up with it? Al has done the equivalent. Barring a miracle ACC season it may be time to move on. He may have it in him but this team has got to have passion and blow teams like Maine out. I dont see Al having Passion.

I had it with this lazy fucking bitch attitude 3-4 years ago and the Villanova game when he called off the dogs.

His recruiting has been abysmal.

Al is the Barcolounger lazy fuck cruising till the contract ends or a buyout and his recruiting illustrates it vs. Gonzaga or Georgetown especially with big men!

FUCK THE ULTIMATUM GDF!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:14 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Maybe not the admins who put up with TOB's WTFs but I know everyone here would be pissed. I like AL, I like screaming Skinner!!!!! like superintendent Chomers. I like some of our guys because they wear the maroon, but it may be time for Al to move on. He has done great things, some big wins over the years, but sometimes its just time to move on. A fresh face, inject some passion into BC and AL where ever he lands. I never understood why the team wilts against the press, why we cant run an in bounds play and why people cheer that Skinner doesn't put the hours in that others do. Al has the 3rd most ACC wins since we joined the conference but we were also bailed out by Smith and Dudley blossoming into stars,

EXACTLY. People complain about the football team because they essentially finished right where they should have, maybe a bit better. But the hoops team has underachieved like no team I have evr seen, and the basketball merrymen are ok with it.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm more a FBall fan than Bball fan and I for one am beside myself with this loss. If I was AD, I would have him in my office for a little heart to heart. Either geton or get off the sitpot. I would have my list ready and Pearl would be at the top. Think about it. He's an alum, is at a Fball school and has to play 2nd fiddle to Pat Summitt. Not to mention the recent actions of his players. Let's get this guy. I know one thing. He will bring enthusiasm and bust his ass to make BC great.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:36 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I'm more a FBall fan than Bball fan and I for one am beside myself with this loss. If I was AD, I would have him in my office for a little heart to heart. Either geton or get off the sitpot. I would have my list ready and Pearl would be at the top. Think about it. He's an alum, is at a Fball school and has to play 2nd fiddle to Pat Summitt. Not to mention the recent actions of his players. Let's get this guy. I know one thing. He will bring enthusiasm and bust his ass to make BC great.

Yes, his performance is just as good, if not better than Skinners, plus he would bring a desire to win that skinner doesn't have, would generate excitement that skinner doesn't, would recruit better than skinner, and would demand performance unlike skinner.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Knowing that asshole GDF "THE ULTIMATUM", he will probably go with staff lackey and simp Duquette.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:33 pm

If this were the football team, they would be playing football. The comparison is fucktarded.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Oh and I love the love for that fucking clown Pearl. Guy is a douche, with no admissions standards, players that would make June Jones blush, and absolutely no taste in haberdashery. And he still hasn't gone past the Sweet 16. In fact, he submarined a couple of #2 seed TN teams Gene Keady style. OJdom would be all over him.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Anyone with an IQ above 70 knows that Al peaked long ago. Stop beating your heads against the wall. Our Athletic Director will not do anything unless Al has two or three straight losing seasons. Just press the ignore button on bc basketball - maybe one of the geniuses at the heights will notice when ten people show up for North Carolina. Its depressing to see such mediocrity tolerated by our school.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:38 pm

I think it is fucking the height of hillarity that BC hoop weirdos think Al Skinner is mediocre.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think it is fucking the height of hillarity that BC hoop weirdos think Al Skinner is mediocre.

Since this thread is confined to this season, I don't see your point. This season has been disastrous, not mediocre. I've defended Skinner for a while but this season is hard to defend. I refuse to call for his head until the season is over, but so far this season has seen a lot of red flags, not just upset losses.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:56 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think it is fucking the height of hillarity that BC hoop weirdos think Al Skinner is mediocre.

Since this thread is confined to this season, I don't see your point. This season has been disastrous, not mediocre. I've defended Skinner for a while but this season is hard to defend. I refuse to call for his head until the season is over, but so far this season has seen a lot of red flags, not just upset losses.

It took 4 years of bullshit before anyone wanted to fire TOB. Jesus, the comparison is fucking retarded, even if you ignore the levels of success and the fact that basketball is an entirely different animal.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dman on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Al has historically shown he can do more with less. Now that he has perceived talent, he is doing nothing with with them.
dman
n00b

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Okay - before you stop laughing then why don't you fucking share with us what you fucking think would have to fucking happen first before you would call his fucking work mediocre and hold him fucking accountable?
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 pm

dman {l Wrote}:Al has historically shown he can do more with less. Now that he has perceived talent, he is doing nothing with with them.

We were lucky Smith and Duds became NBA 1st round draft picks. We had 3 1st round picks and couldnt make the final 8.

And before you bitch about Pearl's admission standards being nada, Skinner has had plenty of problems with pot tents and kids jumping from windows. UNC has standards and their kids stay mostly out of trouble so it can be done.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:35 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dman {l Wrote}:Al has historically shown he can do more with less. Now that he has perceived talent, he is doing nothing with with them.

We were lucky Smith and Duds became NBA 1st round draft picks. We had 3 1st round picks and couldnt make the final 8.

And before you bitch about Pearl's admission standards being nada, Skinner has had plenty of problems with pot tents and kids jumping from windows. UNC has standards and their kids stay mostly out of trouble so it can be done.

What?

So UNC can win multiple NCs with a clean program, so everyone not achieving that should fire their coach because "it can be done". Gee thanks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:01 pm

look at the schedule this year. Al is below mediocre. But you like to settle and that is what is hilarious.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

What?

So UNC can win multiple NCs with a clean program, so everyone not achieving that should fire their coach because "it can be done". Gee thanks.

That wasnt the point, the point is that Pearl or any other coach my have an issue in the past but that is no reason to not consider him.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
It took 4 years of bullshit before anyone wanted to fire TOB. Jesus, the comparison is fucking retarded, even if you ignore the levels of success and the fact that basketball is an entirely different animal.

I object to the 4 years.

I wanted him gone in year 3.99985756 of 10.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

We all realize the sports of basketball and football are different. But please explain why saying Al needs to go is different than saying TOB needed to go. It's the same damn thing, it's accepting medicority.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

kids jumping from windows LOL that always makes me laugh
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:42 pm

We need to exchange milquetoast Skinner for a hard ass like Armin Tanzarian.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:04 pm

This year has been particularly bad with the WTF losses, but our athletic program is institutionally full retard. Firing al is only part of the equation, and you know gene is too dumb to make a good hire. We keep getting "fire al" threads when we need "fire gene so someone else can fire al and spaz" threads.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

We all realize the sports of basketball and football are different. But please explain why saying Al needs to go is different than saying TOB needed to go. It's the same damn thing, it's accepting medicority.

There has been one game this year that really matters. BC won that game.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:03 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

There has been one game this year that really matters. BC won that game.

Have you ever seen the CBS Selection Show? You know that column that says "Bad Losses". We're going to need a second page to fit all of our terrible losses on any normal sized TV. The Committee looks at your bad losses, our entire team was healthy versus Maine.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Because its not mediocre to lose a few games in basketball even to shit teams. Everyone does it. In football you have to win those games.

Al lost to Harvard last year. Won nine games in the ACC. Nine wins in the ACC is not mediocre by any stretch of the imagination. With a team that was picked at the bottom of the ACC.

Al lost to Duquesne in Dudley's senior year. Won 10 games in the ACC. Lost to the #2 seed G'Town in the round of 32. Not mediocre by any stretch of the imagination. Without his NBA center to cover Hibbert.

Football is a different measure. Every game matters. Basketball is a long season and has a playoff. Thus UNC can lose an early game to Santa Clara and still win the national championship. In most seasons, losing a couple of those games doesn't mean shit. If Florida lost to South Florida in week three of football, national title over. If BC football loses a conference game to a bad NCSU or UNC or Syracuse team, division title or conference title and BCS bowl over.

Look, there is no good spin to put on the current season. It's one season, and so far it is a bad one. But to look at the one or two bad loses in basketball in past seasons (and it is not every season) and call Al mediocre is to ignore all but 2 of 30 games. The Fire Al sentiment is either knee jerk based on one half of one season (what if he wins the ACC?) or you are shitting on him for past seasons in which he has been highly successful. Neither makes much sense and makes that crowd a bunch of yahoos.

Not to mention that BC basketball is in one of the top 2 conferences in America while the football team is in one of the three weakest BCS conferences. So winning 9-10 games in the ACC hoop is a hell of a lot more impressive than winning 5 in football.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:44 pm

I'd like to point out that the post TW put above is the most sensible thing I've seen written on this board, even if I may disagree.

This program is not progressing with Skinner at the helm, he's gotten it to this point but it's not going forward at all. It's simply staying where it is or going backward in the case of this season. Winning between 8-10 games in the ACC and then losing in the first or second round of the NCAA's, which has been a pattern here for about the last 5 years, isn't the true upside of BC Basketball.

We need to get someone in here to take the next step. Unfortuantely, with Gene at the helm, that's not going to happen.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'd like to point out that the post TW put above is the most sensible thing I've seen written on this board, even if I may disagree.

This program is not progressing with Skinner at the helm, he's gotten it to this point but it's not going forward at all. It's simply staying where it is or going backward in the case of this season. Winning between 8-10 games in the ACC and then losing in the first or second round of the NCAA's, which has been a pattern here for about the last 5 years, isn't the true upside of BC Basketball.

We need to get someone in here to take the next step. Unfortuantely, with Gene at the helm, that's not going to happen.

Whether Al has reached a ceiling and whether he should be fired are two separate questions. If you asked whether Al appears stuck in neutral, I'd agree with you. Problem is that no person in their right mind would fire a coach for being "only" consistently good in the two best basketball conferences in America.

Cue the inevitable "but..but...TOB!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!one!!!!" yahoos.

With regard to my posting, I have explained on several occasions. It is boring. It is much more fun to get everyone fired up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan12 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:02 pm

i give up
legitimately give up
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:i give up
legitimately give up

That quote is about par for the course for BC Basketball this season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum