If this was the football team, people would want blood

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: If this was the football team, people would want blood

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh and I love the love for that fucking clown Pearl. Guy is a douche, with no admissions standards, players that would make June Jones blush, and absolutely no taste in haberdashery. And he still hasn't gone past the Sweet 16. In fact, he submarined a couple of #2 seed TN teams Gene Keady style. OJdom would be all over him.

Exactly, haven't we learned our lesson? The last thing we need is another sparkle tooth used car salesman from Wisconsin.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:37 pm

December 3, 2008, marked a significant date for Pearl as he was able to win his 400th game by defeating UNC-Asheville. In doing so, Pearl became the 6th-fastest basketball coach to ever reach the 400 mark and 2nd-fastest among active head coaches (behind Roy Williams). The night was also very important for the Tennessee basketball program. It marked the 35th consecutive victory at home for Pearl ........

On November 17, 2009, Pearl was able to record victory number 100 at Tennessee, the second fastest UT coach to reach the century mark, as his team defeated UNC-Asheville 124-49. The 124 point total was the most ever scored by Tennessee in a regular season game. Tennessee's 34 assists also set a school record and its 16 3-pointers tied another.

When was the last time we scored 100?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:02 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
December 3, 2008, marked a significant date for Pearl as he was able to win his 400th game by defeating UNC-Asheville. In doing so, Pearl became the 6th-fastest basketball coach to ever reach the 400 mark and 2nd-fastest among active head coaches (behind Roy Williams). The night was also very important for the Tennessee basketball program. It marked the 35th consecutive victory at home for Pearl ........

On November 17, 2009, Pearl was able to record victory number 100 at Tennessee, the second fastest UT coach to reach the century mark, as his team defeated UNC-Asheville 124-49. The 124 point total was the most ever scored by Tennessee in a regular season game. Tennessee's 34 assists also set a school record and its 16 3-pointers tied another.

When was the last time we scored 100?

Loyola Marymount used to reach 100 all the time. How'd that work out?

How'd Tenn do in the tourney? Because that is the reason everyone shits on Al. Don't bother looking it up, it doesn't help the case for Pearl.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GlorytoBC on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Do you people really think our situation with Al Skinner is THAT bad? Just take a look at NC State, they have loads of basketball tradition, yet they haven't done shit since 1990 and have watched their three biggest rivals in Carolina, Duke and Wake win multiple ACC Championships since their last one, they have gone from one of the premier programs in the nation to a complete joke.

Skinner is what he is. A solid coach, nothing more, nothing less. Much like twballgame, I don't understand why everyone is calling for Bruce Pearl to be the next Head Coach? He's never gotten a team past the Sweet 16 and most importantly, look at the kind of players he recruits. Much of you take pride in the fact that we usually recruit guys with high character..make Bruce Pearl the Head Coach and all of that goes straight to hell.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:41 pm

GlorytoBC {l Wrote}:Do you people really think our situation with Al Skinner is THAT bad? Just take a look at NC State, they have loads of basketball tradition, yet they haven't done shit since 1990 and have watched their three biggest rivals in Carolina, Duke and Wake win multiple ACC Championships since their last one, they have gone from one of the premier programs in the nation to a complete joke.

Skinner is what he is. A solid coach, nothing more, nothing less. Much like twballgame, I don't understand why everyone is calling for Bruce Pearl to be the next Head Coach? He's never gotten a team past the Sweet 16 and most importantly, look at the kind of players he recruits. Much of you take pride in the fact that we usually recruit guys with high character..make Bruce Pearl the Head Coach and all of that goes straight to hell.

All the suspensions we've had recently makes this "high character" thing at BC debatable.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
GlorytoBC {l Wrote}:Do you people really think our situation with Al Skinner is THAT bad? Just take a look at NC State, they have loads of basketball tradition, yet they haven't done shit since 1990 and have watched their three biggest rivals in Carolina, Duke and Wake win multiple ACC Championships since their last one, they have gone from one of the premier programs in the nation to a complete joke.

All the suspensions we've had recently makes this "high character" thing at BC debatable.

Assuming, as you do, players get suspended at other schools for the things these kids get suspended for, like playing in unlicensed hoop games, or smoking the official substance of the NBA. Wake me when 4 BC players get suspended for getting pulled over with weapons.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Thats the difference between you and TWB and some of us. I want more than just a "solid mediocre coach". But if you are happy with average seasons filled with losses to Maine and Harvard, then I understand why you think Al is just fine.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Thats the difference between you and TWB and some of us. I want more than just a "solid mediocre coach". But if you are happy with average seasons filled with losses to Maine and Harvard, then I understand why you think Al is just fine.

Name a coach that you want. You have given me Bruce Pearl so far, and I'd like him as a coach. But he has been just like Al, except that he had top 8 teams that he took to the round of 32 and 16.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bosa90 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Remember that movie "Dickless (and impossibly short) in Virginia"? I do.

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:46 pm

bosa90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Assuming, as you do, players get suspended at other schools for the things these kids get suspended for, like playing in unlicensed hoop games, or smoking the official substance of the NBA. Wake me when 4 BC players get suspended for getting pulled over with weapons.

Do the names Andrew Bryant and Ryan Sidney mean anything to you? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby bosa90 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

You're welcome, lil' guy. "Oh, Canada!"

bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 pm

I love Pearl but he is not coming to BC under GDF. Skinner's job is not in danger. If he goes 1-15 in ACC play there will be pressure on him next year, but he still wouldn't be on any hot seat. Plus Gene's first call will be to Skinner guys like O'Shea, Coen and Cooley. If Al were to ever get fired, it would take Duquette off the list.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:We need to exchange milquetoast Skinner for a hard ass like Armin Tanzarian.

I see what you did there.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum