Your immediate reaction to the Maine loss

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What is it?

Fire Al
50%
Change the starting line-up
5%
Nothing. Nobody will do anything. Just BC being BC. Al being Al.
45%

Total votes : 42

Re: Your immediate reaction to the Maine loss

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:if bc doesnt get in the tourney this year, then i think Al needs to go. there is still time to right this ship but it will not be easy. the team will need at least 9 ACC wins and maybe even 10 with some of these WTF losses. i think change would do this program good. we have been underachieving for some years now. that said, i don't see GDF making any changes any time soon unless 1) Skinner disrespects him by flirting with another suitor 2) Skinner start banging cocktail waitresses and dental hygienists two at a time.

3rd most wins in the acc (since its 12 teams inception) is underachieving?!?!?

This is the most misleading little statistic that the Al-lovers throw out there because it sounds impressive. In reality, its because of some down years in the ACC and because the first two years in the ACC just happened to be Al's best teams ever. In the past 4 years, we have finished 3rd, tied for 3rd (with 3 other teams), 12th, and 6th -- and that is supposed to solidify Al as a great coach? When you factor in that we had out most talented teams EVER in those first 2 years and still only managed to finish 3rd with no post-season success....it sheds different light on that record over the past 4 years.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:if bc doesnt get in the tourney this year, then i think Al needs to go. there is still time to right this ship but it will not be easy. the team will need at least 9 ACC wins and maybe even 10 with some of these WTF losses. i think change would do this program good. we have been underachieving for some years now. that said, i don't see GDF making any changes any time soon unless 1) Skinner disrespects him by flirting with another suitor 2) Skinner start banging cocktail waitresses and dental hygienists two at a time.

This is the most misleading little statistic that the Al-lovers throw out there because it sounds impressive. In reality, its because of some down years in the ACC and because the first two years in the ACC just happened to be Al's best teams ever. In the past 4 years, we have finished 3rd, tied for 3rd (with 3 other teams), 12th, and 6th -- and that is supposed to solidify Al as a great coach? When you factor in that we had out most talented teams EVER in those first 2 years and still only managed to finish 3rd with no post-season success....it sheds different light on that record over the past 4 years.

so we expect to be consistently better than dook and chapel hill. got it

not even close to what that said...try again.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

so we expect to be consistently better than dook and chapel hill. got it

not even close to what that said...try again.

It's pretty much exactly what you said. Take Dook and UNC out of the formula and BC is 1st, tied for 1st, 10th and 4th among the remaining schools in the ACC
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm

when did this program move to tobacco road?

it just seems like every year we have a somewhat successful season (with a few WTF losses thrown in for good measure) but when it comes tourney time we shxt the bed and get bounced in the first or 2nd round. when are we going to the sweet 16 or better yet the elite 8? for once, i'd like to see the team make some noise in the tourney and live up to their potential. i dont expect us to have duke or UNC consistency but it would be nice to make the tourney every year with a deep run every few years.

p.s. i like bc football
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:10 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

when did this program move to tobacco road?

it just seems like every year we have a somewhat successful season (with a few WTF losses thrown in for good measure) but when it comes tourney time we shxt the bed and get bounced in the first or 2nd round. when are we going to the sweet 16 or better yet the elite 8? for once, i'd like to see the team make some noise in the tourney and live up to their potential. i dont expect us to have duke or UNC consistency but it would be nice to make the tourney every year with a deep run every few years.

p.s. i like bc football

it'd be nice to get a blowjob from heather brooke, but i don't consider it an expectation...

You don't? Just get in the same room with her.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum