Bruce Pearl

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bruce Pearl

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 pm

He's an alumnus. Go after this guy like we should have after his UW-Milwaukee team bounced us from the tourney. He's a great recruiter, enthusiastic. We need a guy with his energy to bring us back. He might just bite. It's tough being the #2 Bball coach at a school that worships Pat Summitt.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Bruce Pearl

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:12 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:He's an alumnus. Go after this guy like we should have after his UW-Milwaukee team bounced us from the tourney. He's a great recruiter, enthusiastic. We need a guy with his energy to bring us back. He might just bite. It's tough being the #2 Bball coach at a school that worships Pat Summitt.

And maybe he could use a change-of-pace given recent events.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Bruce Pearl has never made it past the Sweet 16...
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:Bruce Pearl has never made it past the Sweet 16...

Well, he brought a UW-Milwaukee team that far. I'm sure he can do at least that at BC. I would be pretty happy with a S16 right now given where we have been the last few years.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:18 pm

neither has al.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

neither has al.

So they both are mediocre then. Good definition.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:42 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

Well, he brought a UW-Milwaukee team that far. I'm sure he can do at least that at BC. I would be pretty happy with a S16 right now given where we have been the last few years.

He fucked up 2 #2 seed TN teams Gene Keady/Lute Olsen style. What makes you think he would do better at BC?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dman on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Pearl would bring in a much higher level of talent than Al could dream of
dman
n00b

Postby dman on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Pearl would bring in a much higher level of talent than Al could dream of
dman
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm

dman {l Wrote}:Pearl would bring in a much higher level of talent than Al could dream of

Just like he did at TN. How did those 2 seed and indictments work out? Did he get any further than Al?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dman on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Pearl> Skinner

its not an argument
dman
n00b

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Forget Bruce Pearl. Let's get Tom Izzo. That guy can coach.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:32 pm

dman {l Wrote}:Pearl> Skinner

its not an argument

No, it really is an argument. What the fuck has Bruce Pearl done?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dman on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Beat Al Skinner Head to Head with much less talent in the NCAA Tournament.
dman
n00b

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:44 pm

I don't think any one of us are saying Pearl is Pitino, Calipari, Izzo or Donovan, none of whom would consider BC. But, he has brought Tenn Bball further than its ever been all while playing second fiddle to Fball and Pat Summitt. That plus he's an Alum gives us some edge. I'd rather take a chance on Pearl. He's energetic and enthusiastic. I have seen what Al can do and it's not enough for me. He probably has too much personality for BC. None of our coaches have had any since Cowboy Jack Bicknell.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
dman {l Wrote}:Pearl> Skinner

its not an argument

No, it really is an argument. What the fuck has Bruce Pearl done?

only an argument for a skinner merryman like you. its not even close.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Could you imagine the meltdown of OJ if we had a #2 seed and lost on the first weekend of the tournament?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:42 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Could you imagine the meltdown of OJ if we had a #2 seed and lost on the first weekend of the tournament?

it would be sort of simlar to having a 3 seed and losing in the first weekend. Or like being a 4 seed and losing on the first weekend. Hilarious that you are trying to ligitimize al based on tournament performance.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Could you imagine the meltdown of OJ if we had a #2 seed and lost on the first weekend of the tournament?

it would be sort of simlar to having a 3 seed and losing in the first weekend. Or like being a 4 seed and losing on the first weekend. Hilarious that you are trying to ligitimize al based on tournament performance.

What part of my statement has anything to do with Al Skinner?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

um, the fact that you are saying Pearl wouldn't be a better replacement.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Where did I say Pearl wouldn't be a better replacement?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

oh I get it. So you are just one of those douchebags that likes to argue with others without actually stating your own point of view. A true pussy.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

oh I get it. So you are just one of those douchebags that likes to argue with others without actually stating your own point of view. A true pussy.

I wasn't arguing. I was making an observation. I do think Pearl would be a better coach for us than Al.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Shredder on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

neither has al.

Nailed it.

Pearl does not have the hurdles of things like classes or cold weather at UT. Plus he had a nice off-the court issue this week. He's also been extended by UT. I know you like how he took his shirt off at a women's game but his coaching at UT has not been better than what Al has done here.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:57 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I don't think any one of us are saying Pearl is Pitino, Calipari, Izzo or Donovan, none of whom would consider BC. But, he has brought Tenn Bball further than its ever been all while playing second fiddle to Fball and Pat Summitt. That plus he's an Alum gives us some edge. I'd rather take a chance on Pearl. He's energetic and enthusiastic. I have seen what Al can do and it's not enough for me. He probably has too much personality for BC. None of our coaches have had any since Cowboy Jack Bicknell.

He brought a land grant state university with a large purse and no academic requirements exactly where Al brought BC - decent success in a weaker conference and the second round of the tourney.

Jags.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

His point is valid and if he won't back it, I will. Bruce Pearl is all self promotion and no substance and you bought into it hook, line and sinker. He is Al, except in a weaker conference, with better facilities and fans, easier recruiting and lower requirements, and a large state land grant university behind him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EaglesTalon on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:05 pm

I find it funny who constantly refers to Jags as a snake-oil salesman has an erection for Bruce Pearl.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:06 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I find it funny who constantly refers to Jags as a snake-oil salesman has an erection for Bruce Pearl.

Me too. I like them both.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum