sick tourney resume

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

sick tourney resume

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:52 pm

St. Joes
UNI
Harvard
URI
Maine

Leave now Al.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: sick tourney resume

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Forget the NCAA Tournament. Not sure I've ever been this ashamed to be a BC fan.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bc62380 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Kiss the NCAAs good bye for this year. :bag
bc62380
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:56 pm

bc62380 {l Wrote}:Kiss the NCAAs good bye for this year. :bag

Please someone come on this thread and tell me why Al should stay after this pitiful season.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Guess the shelves are fully stocked today. Oh, wait, no BC lost, you took the day off.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:57 pm

We could beat Duke twice, UNC once and Clemson once and win 10 games in the ACC, and it really won't matter. Gotta win the ACCT to get in, and that certainly is not going to happen.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Guess the shelves are fully stocked today. Oh, wait, no BC lost, you took the day off.
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:04 pm

when a team in the ACC loses to URI, Harvard, Maine, and St Joes in the same season, there is only one reason. Its coaching, pure and simple. Al doesn't care and the players are left to take it easy with no consequences. We didn't lose these games because they are more talented than BC. Al has got to be fired. He clearly couldn't care less anymore.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:when a team in the ACC loses to URI, Harvard, Maine, and St Joes in the same season, there is only one reason. Its coaching, pure and simple. Al doesn't care and the players are left to take it easy with no consequences. We didn't lose these games because they are more talented than BC. Al has got to be fired. He clearly couldn't care less anymore.

It's not only coaching. Coaching is a problem. The bigger issue is that The team shows no effort or heart. That can't be taught. I know you are going to say, "Well Al recruited them and they are black so they suck", but he could yell at Rakim to give a damn on defense 24 hours a day and he still wouldn't.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMcG on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:06 pm

I have been a staunch supporter of Al for years. I think he's been great for BC. However, I think it might be time for him to gracefully step down at the end of the season. As a matter of personal pride, when you lose to Harvard two years in a row and lose to Maine, you're embarrassing yourself and the school. The only way to save face is to make the NCAA tournament and that is not going to happen because it will require BC to win the ACC.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:when a team in the ACC loses to URI, Harvard, Maine, and St Joes in the same season, there is only one reason. Its coaching, pure and simple. Al doesn't care and the players are left to take it easy with no consequences. We didn't lose these games because they are more talented than BC. Al has got to be fired. He clearly couldn't care less anymore.

It's not only coaching. Coaching is a problem. The bigger issue is that The team shows no effort or heart. That can't be taught. I know you are going to say, "Well Al recruited them and they are black so they suck", but he could yell at Rakim to give a damn on defense 24 hours a day and he still wouldn't.

when a team shows no effort or heart - that is on the coach. They are a reflection of their coach...he doesn't care, so they don't either. If Al cared the players wouldn't get away with this.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

when a team shows no effort or heart - that is on the coach. They are a reflection of their coach...he doesn't care, so they don't either. If Al cared the players wouldn't get away with this.

Not that simple. This is a group of primadonna's. Ask any kid who sees them at school. They think they are all Kobe Bryant's and LeBron's and can do whatever the hell they want.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

When you get done stocking the shelves, explain to me how "forgetting how to shoot straight" is a reflection of the coach. The biggest problem with this squad is that guys that used to make wide open shots don't make wide open shots any more. Then comes effort on the defensive end. Each of these things is squarely on the players.

Al drives me nuts, but the problems right now are player problems. Al has tried benching some of them, in particular Raji, Trapani and Sanders (the three worst offenders) but that has had little effect.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

When you get done stocking the shelves, explain to me how "forgetting how to shoot straight" is a reflection of the coach. The biggest problem with this squad is that guys that used to make wide open shots don't make wide open shots any more. Then comes effort on the defensive end. Each of these things is squarely on the players.

Al drives me nuts, but the problems right now are player problems. Al has tried benching some of them, in particular Raji, Trapani and Sanders (the three worst offenders) but that has had little effect.

The stocking the shelves joke wasn't funny the first time - why do you think it would be funny the 50th? Yeah, when a team loses their 5th game in the first 14 to a team with less talent, its not on the coach. You have no clue. But then again, you are ok with mediocrity for the hoops program so you really have no credibility.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

The stocking the shelves joke wasn't funny the first time - why do you think it would be funny the 50th? Yeah, when a team loses their 5th game in the first 14 to a team with less talent, its not on the coach. You have no clue. But then again, you are ok with mediocrity for the hoops program so you really have no credibility.

Shelf stocking is evidently done. Answer the question.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

wow - it was just as funny the 51st time. really good one
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Answer the question. Break doesn't last forever OJ.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RyanBC on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:11 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:I have been a staunch supporter of Al for years. I think he's been great for BC. However, I think it might be time for him to gracefully step down at the end of the season. As a matter of personal pride, when you lose to Harvard two years in a row and lose to Maine, you're embarrassing yourself and the school. The only way to save face is to make the NCAA tournament and that is not going to happen because it will require BC to win the ACC.

I'm a big skinner guy myself but Jeez this one was tough to take on the heels of the other ones. :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Dude your credability lately isn't exactly awesome.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Dude your credability lately isn't exactly awesome.

Fuck, my credibility in the predicting college sports games world is fucked. Beano Cook probably won't want to talk to me any more. Fuck.

Rule #1: Don't bet on your team. That allows you to make a bunch of optimistic predictions on an anonymous message board where you don't give a shit about what the other hoops weirdos think about your optimistic predictions. If I gave a flying shit whether my predictions came true, I'd be on a different website and I'd have a bigger addiction than posting on EI.

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than you clowns following OJ's lead and assigning arbitrary "credibility" as if the anonymous opinion of one these idiots would mean more if he accurately predicted the BC NJIT game.

Hey man, got a tip - Indy is going undefeated this year.

Meanwhile, credibility or no, I'd be interested in one person answering my question, which was about sports, not divination.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:38 pm

OJ, this must be the greatest day of your life.
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Look TW, the players suck and are a big part of the problem here. Jackson can't dribble so we have no PG when Paris is out of the game, Trapani is playing like an AE player right along with sucky Tyler Roche, Raji has been dreadful recently and Sanders is still getting back in the swing of things. Christ Southern was the best player on the floor yesterday for a majority of the game, which is a serious problem.

The problem is we have a coach who makes so few adjustments. Yea he tried benching guys and that didn't work, but where was the move yesterday like when he put Elmore on Downey and shut him down. That's the kind of shit I'm looking for with Al, smart coaching moves. Instead, he just sits there and stares into space as we lose to another awful basketball team. We also don't use TOs. It's bullshit the other team goes on these ridiculous runs and Al won't call a timeout until it's literally too late because we've gotten blown out of the game already.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum