BC 79 BEARS 57 -- GAME THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC 79 BEARS 57 -- GAME THREAD

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:59 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:"This team will be much better without Tyrese Rice."

I miss Jared Dudley. He would not stand for this.

I didn't expect the whole team to forget how to play basketball.

Not just quoting you.

I will man up. I said it. They should be better. If Trapani and Raji hadn't been out for the first half...oh, wait.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:00 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:How many motherfucking posts over 7 fucking years have I said the Al Skinner flex is the biggest joke on earth since we have players who do not fit the flex and like to run and fast break and our best lineup this year and in past years was and is a smaller team that should press and make the defense spark the offense and fast break!

Nolan Richardson could take a drunken shit and any brain cells in that crap could outcoach and outthink this lazy barcolounger and BC never pressed or ran this team out of the building.

BC wins or loses on a last second shot, Al Skinner is a horrible coach for in game tactics and ability to judge the talent and adjust eevry season.

LAZY...just fucking lazy!

THE BC SKINNER FLEX IS THE FOOTBALL VERSION OF THE SPAZOO CUSHION.

THE FLEX AND THE CUSHION FORCES PLAYERS TO BE UNAGGRESSIVE, UNASSERTIVE, PASSIVE AND REACTIVE AND DIMISHES THEIR NATURAL PLAYING AND GET AFTER IT ABILITIES!!!

I SAID FIRE AL WHEN I PUT HIM ON RECRUITING PROBATION 3 YEARS AGO. NOW, HIS RECENT COACHING SKILLS HAS LEFT ME SPEECHLESS.

AL BARCOLOUNGER SKINNER.....BC NEEDS A CHANGE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:"This team will be much better without Tyrese Rice."

I miss Jared Dudley. He would not stand for this.

I didn't expect the whole team to forget how to play basketball.

Not just quoting you.

I said the same thing. I didn't think the whole team would all of a sudden collectively suck. If they ever figure things out I still think they will be.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 pm

I've never rooted for a team that cared less than a Skinner coached team. And your boy TWB Rakim is one of the ring leaders, when the opponent has a fast break would it kill him to attempt to get over midcourt once?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I've never rooted for a team that cared less than a Skinner coached team. And your boy TWB Rakim is one of the ring leaders, when the opponent has a fast break would it kill him to attempt to get over midcourt once?

Sanders is the least of their problems. The great white hope is where we should start critiquing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 pm

I cannot fathom this.

Box score:

29 - 23
32 - 19

If you told me after a 3 point lead at the half that the team would hold Maine to 23, I would've stupidly blurted "Blowout."
I simply cannot wrap my brain around how bad 51 points is at home to Maine. Against a simple 2-3. Again, by Maine.
28 three point shots out of 54 shots in total.
Pair that with 32% three point shooting...
This is bad.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:04 pm

cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Sanders is the least of their problems. The great white hope is where we should start critiquing.

You don't think it should start with Skinner??
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:28 three point shots out of 54 shots in total.
This is bad.

I am not defending their performance today, but...actually, shooting 32% from downtown is better than shooting 32% from 2-point range, so shooting too many threes wasn't the problem.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:How many motherfucking posts over 7 fucking years have I said the Al Skinner flex is the biggest joke on earth since we have players who do not fit the flex and like to run and fast break and our best lineup this year and in past years was and is a smaller team that should press and make the defense spark the offense and fast break!

Nolan Richardson could take a drunken shit and any brain cells in that crap could outcoach and outthink this lazy barcolounger and BC never pressed or ran this team out of the building.

BC wins or loses on a last second shot, Al Skinner is a horrible coach for in game tactics and ability to judge the talent and adjust eevry season.

LAZY...just fucking lazy!

THE BC SKINNER FLEX IS THE FOOTBALL VERSION OF THE SPAZOO CUSHION.

THE FLEX AND THE CUSHION FORCES PLAYERS TO BE UNAGGRESSIVE, UNASSERTIVE, PASSIVE AND REACTIVE AND DIMISHES THEIR NATURAL PLAYING AND GET AFTER IT ABILITIES!!!

I SAID FIRE AL WHEN I PUT HIM ON RECRUITING PROBATION 3 YEARS AGO. NOW, HIS RECENT COACHING SKILLS HAS LEFT ME SPEECHLESS.

AL BARCOLOUNGER SKINNER.....BC NEEDS A CHANGE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR!

This is why the team doesn't hustle for Al Skinner.

They hate the flex. They are sending him a message like I did with the Nolan Richardson posts years ago...press and run!

Al is just a stupid stubborn man.

A very rich stupid stubborn man.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:13 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
This is bad.

so shooting too many threes wasn't the problem.

...W-what?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Sanders is the least of their problems. The great white hope is where we should start critiquing.

It starts and ends with the guys that are shooting 35% from the field. Mediocre shooting from wherever, including the free throw line, would hide many of their real problems.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:16 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
This is bad.

...W-what?

I don't think they should shoot that many threes, but they shot just as badly from inside the three point line. It's a much bigger problem than "just don't shoot so many threes". The whole offense was screwed up today. If they are only shooting 32% no matter where it is, I would rather have it be from downtown.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

It starts and ends with the guys that are shooting 35% from the field. Mediocre shooting from wherever, including the free throw line, would hide many of their real problems.

How about designing one play to attack a 2-3 zone? I know it is a lot to ask since it's been 13 years and we don't have a play to break the press except throw it to a guard in the corner.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

How about designing one play to attack a 2-3 zone? I know it is a lot to ask since it's been 13 years and we don't have a play to break the press except throw it to a guard in the corner.

There really aren't any plays to beat a good zone. You beat it by attacking on the bounce, hitting the offensive glass (because it should be easier to rebound) and shooting well. You can use a high low, but that is not really a play - it is a scheme. Biko has to split the guards, Sanders has to run the baseline, and Raji needs to give a little effort on the boards. And Trapani needs to stop shooting.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:29 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
This is bad.

...W-what?

I don't think they should shoot that many threes, but they shot just as badly from inside the three point line. It's a much bigger problem than "just don't shoot so many threes". The whole offense was screwed up today. If they are only shooting 32% no matter where it is, I would rather have it be from downtown.

It was only like that because they didn't shoot enough from near the basket.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Jsut thinkin...we are one of the worst 3 ball shooting teams in America and we shoot 28 out of 54???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:46 pm

74, this one's for you:

A Bobby Knight coached team doesn't lose at home to Maine. Not now. Not ever.

In all seriousness, this is a scar on Al's coaching career. You cannot under any circumstances lose at home to Maine 2 months into the season when you are a ACC basketball program with a roster full of veterans.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:52 pm

We'll beat NJIT and then probably lay down in embarassing fashion against Clemson and Duke on the road. The only hope for this team is to show some spine and testicles and beat Clemson and Duke on the road. Even if they do we're still not making the NCAA Tournament but at least I'll be able to respect them as players because right now, everyone on that team is a giant pussy.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:52 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
This is bad.

...W-what?

Right. I think we're in agreement, then, that the problem wasn't shooting so many threes, it was that they failed to get many good shots at all, whether behind the arc or not. That's a bigger problem than "shooting too many threes." That is more "we don't have an effective offense".
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:01 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:74, this one's for you:

A Bobby Knight coached team doesn't lose at home to Maine. Not now. Not ever.

In all seriousness, this is a scar on Al's coaching career. You cannot under any circumstances lose at home to Maine 2 months into the season when you are a ACC basketball program with a roster full of veterans.

I despise GDF.

Al shoulda been talked to years ago about recruiting.

I hate lazy. UCONN smoking South Carolina and blitzing and Spazoo and McGoo and the cushion.

Jags, Al, Spazoo, Topoo and McGoo.....YUCK!

:puke :puke :puke

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:19 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
This is bad.

...W-what?

Right. I think we're in agreement, then, that the problem wasn't shooting so many threes, it was that they failed to get many good shots at all, whether behind the arc or not. That's a bigger problem than "shooting too many threes." That is more "we don't have an effective offense".

I don't believe that. I think they shot three's in lazy fashion because nobody attempted to drive to the basket. Believe me, I watched. It was a lazy effort. So yes, the problem would absolutely be "shooting too many three's" and "not dribbling in the general direction of the basket."
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:34 pm

I would file this under one of Gene's "Good for New England" games.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I would file this under one of Gene's "Good for New England" games.

This one in particular is the "Good for Northern New England" game.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:35 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I would file this under one of Gene's "Good for New England" games.

This one in particular is the "Good for Northern New England" game.

Gene likes to give away money and wins to New England. It helps balance out the power.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:47 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
I don't believe that. I think they shot three's in lazy fashion because nobody attempted to drive to the basket. Believe me, I watched. It was a lazy effort. So yes, the problem would absolutely be "shooting too many three's" and "not dribbling in the general direction of the basket."

Reflection of the last 4 years of Al Skinner.

Lazy motherfucking recruiter and uses the lazy flex and the kids hate it and sent the Barcolounger Al a message....maybe we wanna press and run, or just run...since they are lazy on defense.

....either way, even if Al is right, he lost this team and they have played some of the most lazy defense ever at the Heights in the last 3 years....

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum