BC Eagles 2009-2010 TOURNAMENT RESUME (Season long thread)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC Eagles 2009-2010 TOURNAMENT RESUME (Season long thread)

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:15 pm

EDIT: SEASON IS OVER

Tack if you feel it's one of those kinds of posts.

Boston College Eagles 9-5 (1-0)

Potentially Good Wins
@ Providence
@ Michigan
vs. Miami
vs. South Carolina

Potentially Bad Losses
--. St. Joe's
--. Northern Iowa (10-1)
vs. Harvard (9-3)
vs. Rhode Island (10-1)
vs. Maine

In bold are the definite bad/good wins or losses. Every other team is debatable. For example, you could say Harvard isn't a bad loss because they played G'Town and UCONN close.

ANALYSIS:

Good Wins
Providence-- Win on the road over a Big East team. They are 8-5.
Michigan-- Have two great players. Whats notable about this win is that it was on the road.
Miami-- Easily our best win. Easily the best opponent BC has played. They are 13-1.
South Carolina-- Win over a school from a major conference. South Carolina is 8-4.

Bad Losses
Harvard-- Very debatable. Should have beaten them at home. They are 9-3 and have played good teams close. NoSanders
St. Joe's-- Sanders out. Not a good loss even with that being said. They are 4-7.
Northern Iowa-- They're 10-1, but I still call this a bad loss. Sans Sanders.
Rhode Island-- Also 10-1. Have beaten Providence. No Sanders.
Maine -- Hahahahaha. Goodbye 2009-2010.
Last edited by BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: BC Eagles 2009-2010 TOURNAMENT RESUME (Season long thread)

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 pm

This thread should be retitled, "Fire Al Skinner Season long thread."
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Northern Iowa is going to finish the season about 26-3 and has destroyed both Iowa and Iowa State. Not a bad loss.

I don't expect URI to make the tournament, but as of right now, that loss is not looking so bad.

Harvard was a bad loss. They won't even win the Ivy (Cornell)

St. Joes was a fucking terrible loss.

Michigan and Providence were not good wins. They were ho-hum wins. Both teams are blech and won't make the tournament.

South Carolina was a good win. They will be a bubble team.

Miami remains to be seen, since they haven't played anyone other than BC. That said, they have 13 wins already, so 8-8 will probably get them in the tourney, so it is probably a good win.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Northern Iowa is going to finish the season about 26-3 and has destroyed both Iowa and Iowa State. Not a bad loss.

I don't expect URI to make the tournament, but as of right now, that loss is not looking so bad.

Michigan and Providence were not good wins. They were ho-hum wins. Both teams are blech and won't make the tournament.

Miami remains to be seen, since they haven't played anyone other than BC. That said, they have 13 wins already, so 8-8 will probably get them in the tourney, so it is probably a good win.

Agred on all of these but I still think Miami is pretty awful and have a good record because they haven't played anyone.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:56 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Northern Iowa is going to finish the season about 26-3 and has destroyed both Iowa and Iowa State. Not a bad loss.

they haven't played anyone.

Yeah... Except Minnesota and South Carolina...
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:10 am

Best win (so far) will prove to be South Carolina. As TW said, they will be a bubble team and by the time March rolls around people will forget we beat them without one of their top players. Providence is awful, that win will mean nothing barring PC upsetting a couple top BE teams which won't happen. Michigan is awful but they have potential to improve a great deal over the course of the season since their coach is money. So I say that win has at least the potential of looking decent for us come March. road wins agasins big 10 never hurt. URI and Harvard are both good teams so those losses won't hurt us much.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:49 pm

You can delete this thread, the basketball season is over.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum