What have we learned from last night?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What have we learned from last night?

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:02 pm

I learned that when you motivate Josh Southern a little, he produces (a little). 5 points and 4 rebounds is about what he gets in 30 minutes, but he did all that in 11. Good move by Al.

Yes, folks... Rakim Sanders makes an impact! Surprise, surprise!

That small lineup can push the ball with the best of 'em. What I saw in the first half was amazing, or at least amazing considering how we usually approach things.

Is Al going with this lineup through the ACC?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: What have we learned from last night?

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Learned we can play really really good. Also really really bad ("fall apart" is how it has been termed by certain analytical geniuses on the board).

Jackson was freakin awesome for a while. Then his quote in the papers today "catching the ball became the hardest thing ever" (paraphrasing) summed it up.

I like the team, and we have some impact players. Need to put it all together and be more consistent.

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:32 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:Learned we can play really really good. Also really really bad ("fall apart" is how it has been termed by certain analytical geniuses on the board).

Jackson was freakin awesome for a while. Then his quote in the papers today "catching the ball became the hardest thing ever" (paraphrasing) summed it up.

I like the team, and we have some impact players. Need to put it all together and be more consistent.

30 minutes is a none and done NCAA team.

Al Skinner is still a very poor in game Coach. That long run by SC was redonkulous.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:Learned we can play really really good. Also really really bad ("fall apart" is how it has been termed by certain analytical geniuses on the board).

Man, I just wish I could muster the intellect to use "really really good" and "really really bad" in the same paragraph. Then I'd be on top of the world!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:08 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Man, I just wish I could muster the intellect to use "really really good" and "really really bad" in the same paragraph. Then I'd be on top of the world!

Man, for a stat geek, you are a dick.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Pick6Pedro learned that OJ likes French toast for breakfast.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Heights on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Jekyl and Hyde performance. The first half they were flat out explosive, Reggie just dominated the first half, amazing. He was doing anything he wanted to even took over the point from Biko for spells with mixed results. I'm a big critic of Sanders, but he played great in the first half. He did not settle for shots, worked hard to the hoop..although I was surprised to see he is not very good at finishing once he gets to the hoop, but that could come.

Then SC came out with end to end pressure and the small lineup wilted. Trapani and Sanders for some reason kept putting the ball to the floor when trapped. I mean this is hoops 101, don't guys get coached anymore at any level?.

Elmore is a great defender, even with that no-conscience gunner #2 he stayed in front of him.

Reggie must work hard, his dribbling has dramatically improved, not ready to take over from Biko full time but much better.

I was mystified that Roche rather than Raji was in there at crunchtime, but damn if he doesn't drop a couple of clutch shots near the end that were huge. Still don't get it though.

The starting lineup just did not hold up in the second half to non-stop pressure. Sanders, Trapani, Raji back on the pine for long stretches. Some odd lineups out there to try and stop the bleeding. Small lineups (good ones) should have no problem with pressure. This is what we saw almost every ACC games last year, and so I think the second half is a preview of the ACC play.
Last edited by Heights on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have everyone on our 2010 schedule but the New England Patriots"

Frank Spaziani
Heights
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:13 pm

I post something critical of the team's early second half play and get continually attacked for it. And I'm the dick. Right.

This stat geek thing is particularly funny since I always back up stats with analysis. But people easily defeated can only defend themselves by pinning a term like stat geek on me. So be it - just a message board after all.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:18 pm

I think it is funny as shit that you keep track of how many "wins" you have showing that stats prove all.

You are a fucking loser, but that is way awesomeness.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 pm

Heights {l Wrote}:Jekyl and Hyde performance. The first half they were flat out explosive, Reggie just dominated the first half, amazing. He was doing anything he wanted to even took over the point from Biko for spells with mixed results. I'm a big critic of Sanders, but he played great in the first half. He did not settle for shots, worked hard to the hoop..although I was surprised to see he is not very good at finishing once he gets to the hoop, but that could come.

Then SC came out with end to end pressure and the small lineup wilted. Trapani and Sanders for some reason kept putting the ball to the floor when trapped. I mean this is hoops 101, don't guys get coached anymore at any level?.

Elmore is a great defender, even with that no-conscience gunner #2 he stayed in front of him.

Reggie must work hard, his dribbling has dramatically improved, not ready to take over from Biko full time but much better.

I was mystified that Roche rather than Raji was in there at crunchtime, but damn if he doesn't drop a couple of clutch shots near the end that were huge. Still don't get it though.

The starting lineup just did not hold up in the second half to non-stop pressure. Sanders, Trapani, Raji back on the pine for long stretches. Some odd lineups out there to try and stop the bleeding. Small lineups (good ones) should have no problem with pressure. This is what we saw almost every ACC games last year, and so I think the second half is a preview of the ACC play.

The reason for Roche over Raji in crunch time is simple: it was working, so they stuck with it and Raji shoots FTs like a paraplegic.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think it is funny as shit that you keep track of how many "wins" you have showing that stats prove all.

Wins? Pretty weak twb. As I recall you have been constantly and without provocation been calling me a stat geek recently. Remembering a conversation that took place within the last couple days to defend myself, my God - I am such a loser!

It's always interesting the garbage people spew when they have nothing better to say. :slapfight
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:27 pm

When Trapani is on the floor and things are going well, the team is unstoppable. When Trapani is on the floor and things aren't going well, Trapani is the reason. We can overcome Trapani not being good so long as he is on the bench. But, we can't overcome him sucking and continuing to get minutes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:30 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think it is funny as shit that you keep track of how many "wins" you have showing that stats prove all.

Wins? Pretty weak twb. As I recall you have been constantly and without provocation been calling me a stat geek recently. Remembering a conversation that took place within the last couple days to defend myself, my God - I am such a loser!

It's always interesting the garbage people spew when they have nothing better to say. :slapfight

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:When Trapani is on the floor and things are going well, the team is unstoppable. When Trapani is on the floor and things aren't going well, Trapani is the reason. We can overcome Trapani not being good so long as he is on the bench. But, we can't overcome him sucking and continuing to get minutes.

True to some extent - but in the Harvard game, IIRC, Trapani was the only one being aggressive and shooting well on offense, yet Al kept him seated for extended periods in the 2nd half. He went something like 13-15 minutes between the end of the first half and middle-end of the 2nd without taking a shot (and barely getting touches too). I think it was because he played a ton of minutes in the first half. That shouldn't happen if he's in "good mode".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:38 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I post something critical of the team's early second half play and get continually attacked for it. And I'm the dick. Right.

This stat geek thing is particularly funny since I always back up stats with analysis. But people easily defeated can only defend themselves by pinning a term like stat geek on me. So be it - just a message board after all.

"Continually attacked"? Wasn't it just one guy, RyanBC?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:30 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

I was just trying to make it easy for you to comprehend. :D :D :D :D :D Shheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:31 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I post something critical of the team's early second half play and get continually attacked for it. And I'm the dick. Right.

"Continually attacked"? Wasn't it just one guy, RyanBC?

I don't think I really attacked. I made on freakin remark (and the go die part was sarcasm albeit not red font) and Mr. Sensitivity went off.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:33 pm

I am a fan of RyanBC. He's a good hoop weirdo.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:36 pm

weird enough to watch all the games
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:40 pm

The team played bad at the start of the Second Half last night??
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum