I think they are going to get in because. . .

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

I think they are going to get in because. . .

Postby Ohioeagle on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:12 am

of the versatility of the team, many ball handlers for example. I am seeing 10-6 or 9-7 in the league. Don't give up on Southern just yet. If I am going to be wrong, state why, particularly those of you who have seen them at least a few times in person.
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Re: I think they are going to get in because. . .

Postby BC923 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:26 am

I have seen them play a bunch of times, and while we should have a bunch of ball handlers because we have a lot of guards we are surprisingly bad at handling the ball. This makes us flustered against pressure and can lead to a lot of turnovers. The second thing is Biko isn't a good enough defender. Against a scoring point he is a liability. There are some other negatives but those are two of the biggest. But obviously we have our strengths as well. I'm not ready to count them out of a good season in the ACC quite yet.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

considering last night was the first time all year they have played with a full roster, I think it' safe to say that Al is still working on an effective rotation. Now that they are healthy, does Al keep his preseason promise of just playing 8 guys? It seems as if he's willing to go 9, perhaps 10 deep, but then again they haven't played a conference game with their full roster yet.

A couple things: I missed last nights game. Is Dunn hurt or simply in the dog house? I understand Al's strategy of going small against small teams. But is he not taking that to a new level here? I mean, we have Dunn with a DNP, Ravenel with 3 minutes, and Southern with 11 min in 2nd half only out of necessity. Is this going to be a trend or his Al gonna just throw these guys to the fire against the Clemsons and UNCs aftern not playing against these lesser OOC teams?

Anyone have any insight/theory as to what the rotation will look like come January?
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:51 am

auggiebc {l Wrote}:considering last night was the first time all year they have played with a full roster, I think it' safe to say that Al is still working on an effective rotation. Now that they are healthy, does Al keep his preseason promise of just playing 8 guys? It seems as if he's willing to go 9, perhaps 10 deep, but then again they haven't played a conference game with their full roster yet.

A couple things: I missed last nights game. Is Dunn hurt or simply in the dog house? I understand Al's strategy of going small against small teams. But is he not taking that to a new level here? I mean, we have Dunn with a DNP, Ravenel with 3 minutes, and Southern with 11 min in 2nd half only out of necessity. Is this going to be a trend or his Al gonna just throw these guys to the fire against the Clemsons and UNCs aftern not playing against these lesser OOC teams?

Anyone have any insight/theory as to what the rotation will look like come January?

Southern did not play out of necessity. He and Roche were inserted to replace Raji and Trapani and it worked, so Al stuck with it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:considering last night was the first time all year they have played with a full roster, I think it' safe to say that Al is still working on an effective rotation. Now that they are healthy, does Al keep his preseason promise of just playing 8 guys? It seems as if he's willing to go 9, perhaps 10 deep, but then again they haven't played a conference game with their full roster yet.

Southern did not play out of necessity. He and Roche were inserted to replace Raji and Trapani and it worked, so Al stuck with it.

As much as I can't stand Roche or Southern, they came in and saved the game because we were in the process of pissing it away.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

As much as I can't stand Roche or Southern, they came in and saved the game because we were in the process of pissing it away.

They both played well last night.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby auggiebc on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:16 am

Ok. the "southern played out of necessity" was an implied statement from Teddy Sirandis', not me. As I said, I didn't see the game, but I did listen to the post game on the radio and heard him discussing that witht he assistants.

back to my post, what's the deal with Dunn?
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:20 am

Is this a FIRE AL!!!!!!111!!!!! thread?

Just checking. I miss those.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCDF22 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:06 pm

I've been wondering the same about Dunn, since he showed some glimpses last year and really hustles on D.

As for Roche, I think he does the best job of anybody when it comes to inbounding against the press. Trapani gets really flustered
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Is this a FIRE AL!!!!!!111!!!!! thread?

wow, one win against a crap team and Al is awesome. Comical.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Who won the pool? Somebody guessed this verbatim.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:35 pm

I thought it would wait until Saturday when we don't win by enough over Maine, impressive OJ.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:40 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I thought it would wait until Saturday when we don't win by enough over Maine, impressive OJ.

Don't get me wrong - we needed the win and took care of business in the 1st half. great 1/2 game. Making the tournament should have been automatic at the start of the season. Anything less is a HUGE disappointment. Hopefully, the team plays better in the ACC than they have the fisrt 1/3 of the season.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I believe I am the winner. :pepper2 :elephant
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Your check is in the mail.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Your check is in the mail.

Hang on to it, I owe from using fucktard and I'm sure I'll be using it again when addressing OJ/Eagledumbass
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Ohioeagle on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:42 pm

Not as it began.
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum