BC 83 COCKS 61 -- GAMEDAY THREAD & GUESS

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC 83 COCKS 61 -- GAMEDAY THREAD & GUESS

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm

Boston Coll.
Name FG 3Pt FT PF Pts
Dallas Elmore 2-5 0-1 0-0 0 4
Reggie Jackson 7-14 1-2 1-4 4 16
Biko Paris 4-7 0-0 6-6 1 14
Corey Raji 3-7 0-0 0-0 0 6
Evan Ravenel 0-0 0-0 0-0 1 0
Tyler Roche 3-6 1-2 2-3 0 9
Rakim Sanders 7-12 3-5 5-6 1 22
Josh Southern 1-2 0-0 3-4 1 5
Joe Trapani 4-12 1-4 0-0 3 9

Totals 31-65 6-14 17-23 11 85
Percentages: .477 .429 .739

Updated on Wednesday, Dec 30
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:These two announcers are absolutely horrible.

The fucking worst.

Did you hear what the color guys said in the end.

Both teams were a winner tonight for what they did do right and what they didn't do right????????

Did I hear right??

WTF???

Boy that is hard hitting.....er.......WTF???

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Time for a great BC game and blowout!

Sanders 'splodes for 25 points

BC is -4.5.

85-76

Sanders 22.

I just awarded myself nothing.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby RyanBC on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:11 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:These two announcers are absolutely horrible.

The fucking worst.

Did you hear what the color guys said in the end.

Both teams were a winner tonight for what they did do right and what they didn't do right????????

Did I hear right??

WTF???

Boy that is hard hitting.....er.......WTF???

LOL what does that even mean. it's like a Boston Domer or Zammhall post from the other site, totally nonsensical. Then again, ND won in the hula bowl for what they did do and what they didn't do right.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:45 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I love the way everytime SC guy posts us up he just throws the ball at the basket and the ref calls a foul no matter what.

It was #44 and it was driving me insane - especially the way they called the first half so loose.

Surprisingly enough the press made the team fall apart again. Even a decent press break and they never would have led by less than 14. You don't pass it into the corner, you don't dribble into traffic, big men aren't allowed to dribble PERIOD. Simple rules.

I actually saw a lot of hustle outta the guys tonight though. They played like it meant something for the vast majority of the game, and that was a huge relief to see. Elmore needs more minutes. Kid is doing all the right things.

Southern still is not good, but this role suits him far better. One of two things seems to have happened: either losing his starting job woke him up or he was getting too tired or conserving energy/being lazy. He was pretty efficient tonight.

Use this new rotation, Al. You've made one adjustment. Now don't be scared to make some more. psst...pressbreak and inbounds should be next.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:59 am

Went to the game tonight. Best 20 minutes I had seen in years followed by the worst 8 minutes I had seen in years. Al's inability to call a timeout is far beyond a joke at this point.

Love Reggie. Love Rakim. Stop hating on Josh. Stop hating on Tyler. They came in and stopped the bleeding after the starters pissed away the 21-point lead.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:26 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I love the way everytime SC guy posts us up he just throws the ball at the basket and the ref calls a foul no matter what.

It was #44 and it was driving me insane - especially the way they called the first half so loose.

Surprisingly enough the press made the team fall apart again. Even a decent press break and they never would have led by less than 14. You don't pass it into the corner, you don't dribble into traffic, big men aren't allowed to dribble PERIOD. Simple rules.

I actually saw a lot of hustle outta the guys tonight though. They played like it meant something for the vast majority of the game, and that was a huge relief to see. Elmore needs more minutes. Kid is doing all the right things.

Southern still is not good, but this role suits him far better. One of two things seems to have happened: either losing his starting job woke him up or he was getting too tired or conserving energy/being lazy. He was pretty efficient tonight.

Use this new rotation, Al. You've made one adjustment. Now don't be scared to make some more. psst...pressbreak and inbounds should be next.

ya dude we fell apart and won by double figures. Go, Die.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:36 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:TAKE A TIMEOUT AL! For fucks sake.

Al prides himself on his "Rollover Timeouts". He likes to stock up on as many as possible. I sometimes wonder if he tries to call timeout but his horse teeth get in the way. No fucking idiot would consistently let teams extend runs like he does without any in-game adjustments....

Go Die for your teeth comment you 74. Fuck you.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:41 am

RyanBC {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Al prides himself on his "Rollover Timeouts". He likes to stock up on as many as possible. I sometimes wonder if he tries to call timeout but his horse teeth get in the way. No fucking idiot would consistently let teams extend runs like he does without any in-game adjustments....

I agree. RegalBCEagle must be a lonely, bitter loser with no friends.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:05 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I agree. RegalBCEagle must be a lonely, bitter loser with no friends.

well then let you absorb some of the negative karma that the ghey losers on this fucking board would otherwise blast me with.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby jumboeagle on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:36 am

Attendance announced at 5846.....looked pretty full on tv. Pretty good considering students are home (actually better).
jumboeagle
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:49 am

The press in the 2nd half was ugly and I wish they could've handled it better. I do agree that their press-breaking strategy is ugly or maybe non-existent. But.... they got the win the way they're going to against teams that do that. They weathered (barely) the onslaught and let the Cocks wear out and pick up fouls being overly aggressive and took their opportunities at the line. Again, it didn't have to pull in so close, but once Al made some subs and got the team to slow down on the offensive end, you saw SC lose steam and grind to a halt. Who knew Southern would be an asset in beating an ahtletic, press team?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Shredder on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:50 am

jumboeagle {l Wrote}:Attendance announced at 5846.....looked pretty full on tv. Pretty good considering students are home (actually better).

As weak as the students are at most games, they are missed in these games. SC and UMass both lacked energy behind the baskets and UMass had its own fans there. If they're not already, students should be offered discounted tickets for the winter break games--all students, not just those who win the ticket packages.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:00 am

It is very troubling that BC has blown big leads three times this year, however, they still won all three games. They never relinquished the lead last night and did enough to hang on to win the game especially with some decent free throw shooting at the end of the game.

Since OJ hasn't posted for obvious reasons, I will post what he would say, "I suppose that was an okay win, BUT, South Carolina isn't that good and still managed to come back. What a disgrace that Skinner can't teach them how to break the press. He also can't teach them any inbound plays. Skinner is the worst at using his timeouts and just lets the other coaches run all over him. Skinner is very lazy as well, he doesn't get emotional and into the game. Skinner has only taken them to one, I repeat, one, Sweet 16."
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby chuckfrombc on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 am

BC gets a lead and then the other coach makes adjustments and BC gives up the lead or comes close to it. Been going on forever, so why so much consternation when it happened again last night?????
chuckfrombc
Carney Hall

Postby chuckfrombc on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 am

BC gets a lead and then the other coach makes adjustments and BC gives up the lead or comes close to it. Been going on forever, so why so much consternation when it happened again last night?????
chuckfrombc
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:07 am

"We won, didn't we?" - TOB
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:16 am

chuckfrombc {l Wrote}:BC gets a lead and then the other coach makes adjustments and BC gives up the lead or comes close to it. Been going on forever, so why so much consternation when it happened again last night?????

I was as frustrated as anyone last night. And certainly there is room to criticize the pace and timing of Al's moves (e.g. should have called the time out earlier, should have moved earlier to a different press break, etc.). But as Chuck says, this has been Al's MO for years: let the guys play their way through the pain and trust that they will learn from it and draw on it in the future. You can disagree with the approach, but don't be surprised by it.

And don't fail to give Al and the staff credit for making the moves that they did: 1) inserting Roche and Southern -- and then sticking with Roche who was a key calming force; 2) changing the press break up to skip the baseline pass and inbound directly to mid-court. With respect to the press break, once we changed it up we had NO problems -- I couldn't believe that SC didn't make an adjustment -- Al may have had the last word there.....

And '74 -- just to put your mind at ease -- there IS a guy in 5th row (admittedly not the 2nd row) that totally rides Al over the timeout issue. It's pretty funny stuff.......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:24 am

I logged on for some insightful commentary on last night's game from OJ Eagledom.

Does anyone know when that might be forthcoming?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:26 am

The Good

Team Rebounding -- Even before Southern was inserted in the 2nd half, it seemed like we did a good job team rebounding with a small line-up out there. Granted SC got some offensive rebounds but if our center is like 6'7", that's going to happen.

Dallas Elmore -- Played awesome defense on Downey, had some aggressive moves to the basket. Have a feeling he could step into a James Posey type of role for this team.

First Half -- We played under control, got tons of easy shots. Al pressed all the right buttons as far as the lineup and Reggie really brought a lot of energy.

Coaching -- Pressed all the right button's in the first half. Putting Elmore on Downey especially at the end of the first half was a terrific move. Rallied the team after SC made their big run to get the W. It really wasn't Al's fault that his guards kept dribbling directly into a double-team right after he tells them not to do that.

The Bad

Ball handling -- It's astonishing to me that no one on this team can dribble. Against the press, we just dribbled directly into the double team most the second half.

Timeouts -- Al, you should have called a timeout earlier to get this team settled down in the second half.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:27 am

GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:
chuckfrombc {l Wrote}:BC gets a lead and then the other coach makes adjustments and BC gives up the lead or comes close to it. Been going on forever, so why so much consternation when it happened again last night?????

I was as frustrated as anyone last night. And certainly there is room to criticize the pace and timing of Al's moves (e.g. should have called the time out earlier, should have moved earlier to a different press break, etc.). But as Chuck says, this has been Al's MO for years: let the guys play their way through the pain and trust that they will learn from it and draw on it in the future. You can disagree with the approach, but don't be surprised by it.

And don't fail to give Al and the staff credit for making the moves that they did: 1) inserting Roche and Southern -- and then sticking with Roche who was a key calming force; 2) changing the press break up to skip the baseline pass and inbound directly to mid-court. With respect to the press break, once we changed it up we had NO problems -- I couldn't believe that SC didn't make an adjustment -- Al may have had the last word there.....

And '74 -- just to put your mind at ease -- there IS a guy in 5th row (admittedly not the 2nd row) that totally rides Al over the timeout issue. It's pretty funny stuff.......
TELL HIM 74 loves him!! :kudos :kudos :kudos

We are gonna go full 74!!

A full court 40 minutes of Nolan Richardson press hell and go fast break 1960's Celtic Style with Southern as our Bill Russel and win 6 in March!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I logged on for some insightful commentary on last night's game from OJ Eagledom.

He is very busy at work today.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:19 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I logged on for some insightful commentary on last night's game from OJ Eagledom.

Shelves don't stock themselves.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Shelves don't stock themselves.

He has to prepare for the New Year's Day rush.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:40 am

RyanBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Man, you're a shithead. The team fell apart - that's what you call it when the team lets the opponent's press get 8 TOs to start the 2nd half on a 20-4 run. Did you not see that SC brought the game within 3? Is that not falling apart when you're leading by 23? They were able to pick themselves back up again. But they certainly fell apart before that happened. Thanks for your great analysis though; sorry I went into more depth than the final score. Tool.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby RyanBC on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Man, you're a shithead. The team fell apart - that's what you call it when the team lets the opponent's press get 8 TOs to start the 2nd half on a 20-4 run. Did you not see that SC brought the game within 3? Is that not falling apart when you're leading by 23? They were able to pick themselves back up again. But they certainly fell apart before that happened. Thanks for your great analysis though; sorry I went into more depth than the final score. Tool.

whatever dude. "Shithead" "Tool"... Go Fuck yourself.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:You can play bigger teams with this line-up.

9 should tell you why along with others.

Its called Boxing out and elbow grease and hustle.

Traps is 6-8.
Ravs is 6-8.

We are gonna win 6 in March and I will have to take Al of double secret 74 probation.

This lineup does not win in March. Period.

but southern will be the answer in March???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:45 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:You can play bigger teams with this line-up.

9 should tell you why along with others.

Its called Boxing out and elbow grease and hustle.

Traps is 6-8.
Ravs is 6-8.

We are gonna win 6 in March and I will have to take Al of double secret 74 probation.

This lineup does not win in March. Period.

but southern will be the answer in March???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had this one verbatim. I guess we split the pool.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum