Does Anyone Care?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Does Anyone Care?

Postby EagleDave on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 pm

That BC is playing what could be a very important non-conference game tomorrow night against South Carolina? I've hardly heard anyone mention this at all, but this could end up being a glorified bracket busters game. Both teams are very similar in terms of record, opponents, and non conference schedule. Not only that, but both these teams could be on the bubble come selection Sunday and this game could be used as a basis for eliminating one or the other.

Not to mention that it's on ESPN-U, so it should draw some type of audience (though, not in Conte Forum obviously). It's a good chance to win a non-conference game against a good team from a Big 6 conference on TV.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Re: Does Anyone Care?

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:54 pm

I agree, this could be a huge game on selection Sunday. Both of these teams could very well be on the bubble, and this would be a relatively high-quality out-of-conference win.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:12 pm

people will only care if BC loses.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:25 pm

Who cares. I'm sure Skinner will find a way to lose the game by not calling enough timeouts, not having proper inbound plays, not recruiting a true big man, only having gone to the Sweet 16 just once, not landing any 5 star recruits (BC is in the ACC afterall), not instilling enough excitement in the program to attract fans and I'm sure there are a handful of other reasons. :whiteflag
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:49 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:That BC is playing what could be a very important non-conference game tomorrow night against South Carolina? I've hardly heard anyone mention this at all, but this could end up being a glorified bracket busters game. Both teams are very similar in terms of record, opponents, and non conference schedule. Not only that, but both these teams could be on the bubble come selection Sunday and this game could be used as a basis for eliminating one or the other.

Not to mention that it's on ESPN-U, so it should draw some type of audience (though, not in Conte Forum obviously). It's a good chance to win a non-conference game against a good team from a Big 6 conference on TV.

I care. But this team has done so much to take the excitement out of the season up to this point that its going to take a turnaround of more than just a game or two to really get excited about them and the season. I think that's why you don't see a lot of discussion about the game.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:That BC is playing what could be a very important non-conference game tomorrow night against South Carolina? I've hardly heard anyone mention this at all, but this could end up being a glorified bracket busters game. Both teams are very similar in terms of record, opponents, and non conference schedule. Not only that, but both these teams could be on the bubble come selection Sunday and this game could be used as a basis for eliminating one or the other.

I care. But this team has done so much to take the excitement out of the season up to this point that its going to take a turnaround of more than just a game or two to really get excited about them and the season. I think that's why you don't see a lot of discussion about the game.

Fuck off OJ, you only care because you want them to lose. You are a fucktard.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Now there's an intelligent response. That's about as intelligent as one of 74's posts.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Now there's an intelligent response. That's about as intelligent as one of 74's posts.

Dickhead, there's no point in trying to offer a reasonable retort to your bullshit. When proved wrong, you just ignore the facts and move to a different thread to spew the same nonsense. Quit crying about the team has done so much to take the excitement out of the season, blah, blah, blah. Wait, how could it be the team's fault for taking the ecitement out of the season when because of Skinner there's no excitement in the first place?

They've stumbled a bit here and there, no one likes it but no one thought that they would lose Sanders for a few weeks. There's no denying that didn't hurt this team out of the blocks. They need to get there shit together and start playing with a little more confidence and then you'll start to see them string together some wins. The season is still exciting especially since the ACC season is about to start.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Dickhead, there's no point in trying to offer a reasonable retort to your bullshit. When proved wrong, you just ignore the facts and move to a different thread to spew the same nonsense. Quit crying about the team has done so much to take the excitement out of the season, blah, blah, blah. Wait, how could it be the team's fault for taking the ecitement out of the season when because of Skinner there's no excitement in the first place?

They've stumbled a bit here and there, no one likes it but no one thought that they would lose Sanders for a few weeks. There's no denying that didn't hurt this team out of the blocks. They need to get there shit together and start playing with a little more confidence and then you'll start to see them string together some wins. The season is still exciting especially since the ACC season is about to start.

The effect of Sanders' injury is massively overstated by you and Mrs. Tuggle.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

How so? He was the returning leading scorer from last year, I think that would put a wrench into the start of a team's season.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

How so? He was the returning leading scorer from last year, I think that would put a wrench into the start of a team's season.

He was the 2nd leading returning scorer. And putting a wrench in the start of a season does not equal losing to 3 or 4 SHIT teams in the first 10 geames.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:26 pm

:slapfight

That is all...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:28 pm

I do, I just did a write-up on it an hour ago.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

He was the 2nd leading returning scorer. And putting a wrench in the start of a season does not equal losing to 3 or 4 SHIT teams in the first 10 geames.

Oh sorry, he was the second leading scorer by 0.5 points (13.4 for Trapani, 12.9 for Sanders), that's close enough to having a significant impact on the season, yes. How you can tell me that having your second leading scorer and oen of your leaders out won't hurt the team is idiotic but that shouldn't be surprising coming from you.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Oh sorry, he was the second leading scorer by 0.5 points (13.4 for Trapani, 12.9 for Sanders), that's close enough to having a significant impact on the season, yes. How you can tell me that having your second leading scorer and oen of your leaders out won't hurt the team is idiotic but that shouldn't be surprising coming from you.

Did I say that? What I said is that not having Sanders is not an excuse for losing the games that we did. I also think that Sanders impact is vastly overrated. He is great 1 game and completely disappears the next. To say his absense was responsible for our 4 losses is what is idiotic.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Now there's an intelligent response. That's about as intelligent as one of 74's posts.

HEY IT''S COCKSUCKER 74 TAKE IT IN THE ASS baby maker OJ EAGLEDUMB! DIE A SLOW AIDS DEATH AND BURN IN HELL YOU 74!

ENJOY
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Can we put a moritorium on all cock jokes until Thursday Morning? Just thinking it might be a good idea until after we play the Gamecocks.

I've already watched South Carolina play once this year, we should be fine against them.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Apparently not. I've been getting offers for tickets left and right (crazy I know) for the rest of the non-ACC games. I can't even get someone to join me in DBS for tonight. Of course it's probably not the team, it's me and my smell. :shock
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:25 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Who cares. I'm sure Skinner will find a way to lose the game by not calling enough timeouts, not having proper inbound plays, not recruiting a true big man, only having gone to the Sweet 16 just once, not landing any 5 star recruits (BC is in the ACC afterall), not instilling enough excitement in the program to attract fans and I'm sure there are a handful of other reasons. :whiteflag

There may be more but I think you have some pretty solid ones there.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum