Al has finally come to the realization....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Al has finally come to the realization....

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:36 pm

...that Southern sucks. He's sitting him. But there were those that were arguing how fantastic Southern was....what happened?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: Al has finally come to the realization....

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Do you ever go to games?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:49 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Do you ever go to games?

Yes....and you are one of the idiots that thinks Southern is great.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

When was the last basketball game you went to?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Really? Find me a quote where I said that.

What is the last game you went to?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Just to help you out OJ:

commavegarage {l Wrote}:4. Southern sucks.

commavegarage {l Wrote}:2. Southern sucked today and has for a while. He plays with no fire.

commavegarage {l Wrote}:WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING JOSH SOUTHERN.

What was the last game you went to?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:52 pm

Josh Southern is an awful basketball player all the way around.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm

its very annoying. skinner cant bring in a real 5 to this program. and when he does the player either doesnt pan out or turns out to be he who shall not be named **** ********
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:its very annoying. skinner cant bring in a real 5 to this program. and when he does the player either doesnt pan out or turns out to be he who shall not be named **** ********

Not to save Al from persecution, but I don't think I can name 5 big time centers in college basketball. Effective centers are extremely hard to come by.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:its very annoying. skinner cant bring in a real 5 to this program. and when he does the player either doesnt pan out or turns out to be he who shall not be named **** ********

Not to save Al from persecution, but I don't think I can name 5 big time centers in college basketball. Effective centers are extremely hard to come by.

Then you don't watch college basketball
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

1. Name 5 big time centers. Not centers dominating in small leagues.
2. Find me a quote in which I ever said Southern is a good player.
3. What was the last BC game you attended?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I know this isn't my fight but:

1. Ed Davis (UNC), Cole Aldrich, (Kansas), Trevor Booker (Clemson), Derrick Favors (GT), Greg Monroe (Georgetown). This is the best list I can come up with and I'm really stretching with Favors and Monroe. You can reach further for Harangody or Deon Thompson but they're really forwards IMO. If anyone else can add some others go for it.

2. I've actually never heard you say a nice thing about Josh Southern, we all agree he's awful. Courtney Dunn and Ravanel show some promise, I'd rather them play.

3. Just from my perspective, since I live in DC, I try to get to 3-4 road games per year (MD, UVA, VT, NCST, etc.) Unfortunately, it's still sort of an adventure from there to Tobacco Road.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I know this isn't my fight but:

1. Ed Davis (UNC), Cole Aldrich, (Kansas), Trevor Booker (Clemson), Derrick Favors (GT), Greg Monroe (Georgetown). This is the best list I can come up with and I'm really stretching with Favors and Monroe. You can reach further for Harangody or Deon Thompson but they're really forwards IMO. If anyone else can add some others go for it.

2. I've actually never heard you say a nice thing about Josh Southern, we all agree he's awful. Courtney Dunn and Ravanel show some promise, I'd rather them play.

3. Just from my perspective, since I live in DC, I try to get to 3-4 road games per year (MD, UVA, VT, NCST, etc.) Unfortunately, it's still sort of an adventure from there to Tobacco Road.

I see what you are doing e, my point is OJ makes all this shit up and then conveniently disappears when I call him on it. Just because he thinks Southern is awful doesn't mean he is the only one nor was the first to think so.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:48 am

I for one have become very curious as to why Tweedle Dom has ignored the "last game you attended" question so wholeheatedly. Was it a Big East game Dom? :oops:
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 am

Nobody has been on Southern more than I have so far this year.

But I'm not going to read too much into anyone's minutes played (or lack thereof in Southern's case) in a December non-conference game against a D-5 college.

I still think it's gonna be an 8-man rotation come January. Simply put, Southern needs to wake up and start contributing. It will be interesting to see what happens though.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I for one have become very curious as to why Tweedle Dom has ignored the "last game you attended" question so wholeheatedly. Was it a Big East game Dom? :oops:

I ignored it because it is a stupid fucking question to ask someone who lives 900 miles away from Boston, yet still makes it to a game every year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:07 pm

Still no answer....
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Still no answer....

Planning on both the UMD and Duke games this year. As far as last year and the year before:

2008/9 - Clemson
2007/8 - Kansas, UNC
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Planning on both the UMD and Duke games this year. As far as last year and the year before:

2008/9 - Clemson
2007/8 - Kansas, UNC

It's amazing that someone who was in the building for the UNC game in 2008 would have a negative word to say about Tyrese Rice.

Then again, not so amazing given your hatred of minorities.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I for one have become very curious as to why Tweedle Dom has ignored the "last game you attended" question so wholeheatedly. Was it a Big East game Dom? :oops:

I ignored it because it is a stupid fucking question to ask someone who lives 900 miles away from Boston, yet still makes it to a game every year.

Actually it makes perfect sense to ask no matter where one lives. Part of the point could be that you don't live nearby and therefore don't get to many games. DOUCHE.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:27 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

2008/9 - Clemson
2007/8 - Kansas, UNC

It's amazing that someone who was in the building for the UNC game in 2008 would have a negative word to say about Tyrese Rice.

We lost the fucking game, no? Tyrese Rice was a great scorer. I never say anything negative about him other than that he was not a true point guard or a great leader. Those things are not negative - just facts. Oh, and make sure to throw the racist thing around next post too, I get a huge kick out of it because it truly shows what a moron you are.

Inside Convict's head:

"Eagledom is always right and makes me look like an idiot. Hmmmm, I know... RACIST!!!!"
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

2008/9 - Clemson
2007/8 - Kansas, UNC

We lost the fucking game, no? Tyrese Rice was a great scorer. I never say anything negative about him other than that he was not a true point guard or a great leader. Those things are not negative - just facts. Oh, and make sure to throw the racist thing around next post too, I get a huge kick out of it because it truly shows what a moron you are.

Inside Convict's head:

"Eagledom is always right and makes me look like an idiot. Hmmmm, I know... RACIST!!!!"

BC lost to UNC in spite of Rice's historically great game.

You're never right. Ever. And you ARE a racist OJ, everyone knows it. You can't un-ring that bell, no matter what your new handle is.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

2008/9 - Clemson
2007/8 - Kansas, UNC

Inside Convict's head:

Okay, you answered my last question, now respond to my first two statements.

I assume the 900 miles is round trip- Right about from Virginia and back. My question is, why wouldn't you just go to road games? We play in that area a couple of times a year.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:14 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

2008/9 - Clemson
2007/8 - Kansas, UNC

Inside Convict's head:

Okay, you answered my last question, now respond to my first two statements.

I assume the 900 miles is round trip- Right about from Virginia and back. My question is, why wouldn't you just go to road games? We play in that area a couple of times a year.

???
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:???

It's not that complicated. You answered the third question. Now respond to the first two statements.

commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:10 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

It's not that complicated. You answered the third question. Now respond to the first two statements.

I am sure I am missing guys, but there's Monroe, Ed Davis, Pittman, Harangody, Aldrich, Tisdale, Favors, Johnson (from Purdue), Macklin,, and Washington (from Arkansas).

Maybe I'm mistaken...I thought you were one of the ones along with TWB that Southern was a good low post offensive player and a great low post defender.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I am sure I am missing guys, but there's Monroe, Ed Davis, Pittman, Harangody, Aldrich, Tisdale, Favors, Johnson (from Purdue), Macklin,, and Washington (from Arkansas).

Maybe I'm mistaken...I thought you were one of the ones along with TWB that Southern was a good low post offensive player and a great low post defender.

Monroe (GTown): Last year- 12/6, this year 15/10 but he hasn't played one power conference team. I'd hardly call that big time.
Ed Davis (UNC): Last year- 6/6, this year 14/10. That's not big time.
Pittman (UT): 3/2, 3/2, 10/5, 14/7. You consider that really impressive?
Harangody (ND): I'll give to you the fact that he's a big time player, but I don't know if I'd call him a center.
Aldrich (KU): 11/10. Not very impressive especially given the competition he's played so far. Against UCLA he only had 7/12.
Tisdale (Ill): 10/6. Really?
Favors (GT): 13/9. He's played one power conference team in his career. You really call him big time?
Johnson (Pur): 14/6. Not that impressive.
Macklin (Fla): 9/6. Nothing needs to be said.
Washington (Ark): 15/6.

Which five out of these do you consider dominant/big time?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Monroe (GTown): Last year- 12/6, this year 15/10 but he hasn't played one power conference team. I'd hardly call that big time.
Ed Davis (UNC): Last year- 6/6, this year 14/10. That's not big time.
Pittman (UT): 3/2, 3/2, 10/5, 14/7. You consider that really impressive?
Harangody (ND): I'll give to you the fact that he's a big time player, but I don't know if I'd call him a center.
Aldrich (KU): 11/10. Not very impressive especially given the competition he's played so far. Against UCLA he only had 7/12.
Tisdale (Ill): 10/6. Really?
Favors (GT): 13/9. He's played one power conference team in his career. You really call him big time?
Johnson (Pur): 14/6. Not that impressive.
Macklin (Fla): 9/6. Nothing needs to be said.
Washington (Ark): 15/6.

Which five out of these do you consider dominant/big time?

I'm not sure where or when you decided to bring "dominating" into the conversation. Southern is averaging 7.5 pts and 4 rebounds a game. Most of these guys are averaging TWICE that, and I would take ANY one of them over southern in a heartbeat. If you don't think Monroe is "big-time" you have no fucking clue. Southern is not even in the same ballpark is Monroe and he's a year ahead of him. Ed Davis, Harangody, Aldrich, and favors are averaging double-doubles (or very close). Pittman is a frickin BEAST and the reason his first two years were bad is because he has lost 100 pounds since then. There are centers out there. And to limit this discussion to ceneters is also ridiculous. In college basketball, a 6'5" Power forward (i.e., Craig Smith, Danya Abrams, Charles Barkley, Dejuan Blair) can be just as effective as a center in terms of an inside game. Al has completely ignored recruiting big men inside for some reason and it is a major weakness on this team.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Ugh. Trapani played center because several of the next few teams are miniature. BC could play Jackson at center against Bryant. If BC does that in ACC play, they will get no rebounds. Put Raji on a 4 - less effective on the boards. Trapani at the 5 - same. One of the reasons that these guys are good rebounders is because of the positions they usually play.

BC's best 5 would have Southern on the bench. Assuming of course, that you feel no need for rebounding. Retarded thread as usual.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Just to help you out OJ:

commavegarage {l Wrote}:4. Southern sucks.

commavegarage {l Wrote}:2. Southern sucked today and has for a while. He plays with no fire.

commavegarage {l Wrote}:WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING JOSH SOUTHERN.

What was the last game you went to?

:whammy
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum