Al has finally come to the realization....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Al has finally come to the realization....

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Ugh. Trapani played center because several of the next few teams are miniature. BC could play Jackson at center against Bryant. If BC does that in ACC play, they will get no rebounds. Put Raji on a 4 - less effective on the boards. Trapani at the 5 - same. One of the reasons that these guys are good rebounders is because of the positions they usually play.

BC's best 5 would have Southern on the bench. Assuming of course, that you feel no need for rebounding. Retarded thread as usual.

Except that Southern is a fucking TERRIBLE rebounder. Thanks for your input.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Ugh. Trapani played center because several of the next few teams are miniature. BC could play Jackson at center against Bryant. If BC does that in ACC play, they will get no rebounds. Put Raji on a 4 - less effective on the boards. Trapani at the 5 - same. One of the reasons that these guys are good rebounders is because of the positions they usually play.

BC's best 5 would have Southern on the bench. Assuming of course, that you feel no need for rebounding. Retarded thread as usual.

It doesn't matter. Putting Trapani and Raji on 4s and 5s weakens their rebounding as well. Wait until Trapani is boxing out Ed Davis and Raji is boxing out Thompson, - that should be a laugh a minute.

I don't care if Southern is good at anything. It is irrelevant non sequitur. Raji is a great rebounder because he is rebounding from the perimeter against 3s. The small lineup is a recipe for disaster in the ACC, except maybe against Duke. If they would run and press, that might be a different story, but they aren't deep enough to do that.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

It doesn't matter. Putting Trapani and Raji on 4s and 5s weakens their rebounding as well. Wait until Trapani is boxing out Ed Davis and Raji is boxing out Thompson, - that should be a laugh a minute.

I don't care if Southern is good at anything. It is irrelevant non sequitur. Raji is a great rebounder because he is rebounding from the perimeter against 3s. The small lineup is a recipe for disaster in the ACC, except maybe against Duke. If they would run and press, that might be a different story, but they aren't deep enough to do that.

I believe the term for this is "check mate".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Thinking a player is great and him actually producing great numbers are two separate entities. Whether or not I think a player on your list is good, the best one averages 16/10. That's not incredibly better than Southern's 8/6 or whatever it is. Just because Southern is bad doesn't make those numbers incredibly impressive.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:59 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Except that he's missing the entire point -- that Al has finally realized that given the opportunity, he will finally sit southern because he realizes that he sucks. Unless it is purely due to a mismatch in size, southern will not be playing a lot of minutes....proving once again that TWB was WAAAAAYYYYYYY off target in his assessments of southern's talent. Hell, it was just last year that I read about how Sothern "just needed time" to develop into an all ACC player" and just a week or two agao that he was claiming that he was a "great low post defender".

ckeckmate.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Except that he's missing the entire point -- that Al has finally realized that given the opportunity, he will finally sit southern because he realizes that he sucks. Unless it is purely due to a mismatch in size, southern will not be playing a lot of minutes....proving once again that TWB was WAAAAAYYYYYYY off target in his assessments of southern's talent. Hell, it was just last year that I read about how Sothern "just needed time" to develop into an all ACC player" and just a week or two agao that he was claiming that he was a "great low post defender".

ckeckmate.

You were reading it last year? Oh, that's right, you are OJ.

It was Bryant. Enough said. You are missing the point - unless the other team is hapless and/or tiny, BC will put an inanimate 7 foot object out there over the small lineup so that Raji and Trapani can take advantage of mismatches, rather than being the subject of them.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

ckeckmate.

I don't know what this board would be without you OJ.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:09 pm

BTW OJ, I'm not sure how you can make these assessments give who we played. Elmore played 17 minutes. Does that mean Al has finally come to the realization that he is good and we will be seeing him for 17-20 minutes a game in ACC games?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:11 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:BTW OJ, I'm not sure how you can make these assessments give who we played. Elmore played 17 minutes. Does that mean Al has finally come to the realization that he is good and we will be seeing him for 17-20 minutes a game in ACC games?

BINGO

The Jets still suck though. Just sayin'. Thanks for having them help out my prediction, though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

How about Courtney Dunn or Evan Ravanel playing center? Your argument is essentially "Josh Southern is awful at basketball but because he's tall, he should be on the floor". That's ridiculous because he sucks at rebounding so who cares if he's tall or not. Against UNC and Clemson are the only examples where you could argue that we need a tall stiff out there.

Also, this team is deep enough to press and run, although true, we can't dribble and are slow as a group so I agree with you there.

The more I watch this team, the more I take the blame off of Al Skinner and put it on the players. He has no one on this team who even attempts to play decent defense or rebound and our PG has issues dribbling. Talk about a recipe for disaster when we defer to Rakim "dribble off my foot" Sanders to bring the ball up the court.

And EagleDom, before you point this out, Al did recruit these guys.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:BTW OJ, I'm not sure how you can make these assessments give who we played. Elmore played 17 minutes. Does that mean Al has finally come to the realization that he is good and we will be seeing him for 17-20 minutes a game in ACC games?

BINGO

The Jets still suck though. Just sayin'. Thanks for having them help out my prediction, though.

You are fucking stupid (well, we knew that already), if you think Al was not trying a small lineup last night to see how it would work, because he knows southern is a HUGE liability. Does this mean southern doesn't play agaisnt bigger teams? No. What it means is that Al wanted to see how this would work against teams that don't have a huge size advantage. Why? Because southern stinks.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

How about Courtney Dunn or Evan Ravanel playing center? Your argument is essentially "Josh Southern is awful at basketball but because he's tall, he should be on the floor". That's ridiculous because he sucks at rebounding so who cares if he's tall or not. Against UNC and Clemson are the only examples where you could argue that we need a tall stiff out there.

Also, this team is deep enough to press and run, although true, we can't dribble and are slow as a group so I agree with you there.

The more I watch this team, the more I take the blame off of Al Skinner and put it on the players. He has no one on this team who even attempts to play decent defense or rebound and our PG has issues dribbling. Talk about a recipe for disaster when we defer to Rakim "dribble off my foot" Sanders to bring the ball up the court.

I am fine with Dunn playing center. I am fine with Southern playing center. Don't have much to go on with Ravenel yet.

I am not fine with Raji at the 4 and Trapani at the 5 for anything other than short bursts and short opponents.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

You are fucking stupid (well, we knew that already), if you think Al was not trying a small lineup last night to see how it would work, because he knows southern is a HUGE liability. Does this mean southern doesn't play agaisnt bigger teams? No. What it means is that Al wanted to see how this would work against teams that don't have a huge size advantage. Why? Because southern stinks.

I read the paper this morning. I know why Al went with a smaller lineup. He was quoted.

Almost every team in the ACC has a huge size advantage, even with Southern on the floor. Unless you are going to run, going small is full retard in the conference. That is all.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I am fine with Dunn playing center. I am fine with Southern playing center. Don't have much to go on with Ravenel yet.

I am not fine with Raji at the 4 and Trapani at the 5 for anything other than short bursts and short opponents.

Ah yes we finally agree. Trapani and Raji at the 4 and 5 is a disaster. I'd like to see Dunn get 25-30 minutes, he hustles, block shots and rebounds. That's more than I can say for Josh Southern. He doesn't need to score on this team, the other 4 guys can score plenty.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

I read the paper this morning. I know why Al went with a smaller lineup. He was quoted.

Almost every team in the ACC has a huge size advantage, even with Southern on the floor. Unless you are going to run, going small is full retard in the conference. That is all.

typical how you try to steer this all away from your assertion that southern is a very good player.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

It shows exactly how up to speed you are with this team - Al did this on several occassions last season. But I know, you're 900 miles away and all...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:10 pm

That distance hasn't stopped him from posting minutes after every loss.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

It shows exactly how up to speed you are with this team - Al did this on several occassions last season. But I know, you're 900 miles away and all...

900 miles eh? methinks OJ doesn't understand the concept of IP addresses...

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:29 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

No. It's 450. 900 round trip. About from Boston to Northern Virginia.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

send me a PM with my ip address and my location, smart guy.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

so you still expect southern to average `15 and 10 and have a shot at the nba?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 pm

I love that the guy who said that BC was not going to make the 2008 ACC CG and that Dominque Davis had to be better than Chris Crane loves to call people out on their predictions.

198.XXX.XX.X
98.XXX.XXX.XX
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:48 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I love that the guy who said that BC was not going to make the 2008 ACC CG and that Dominque Davis had to be better than Chris Crane loves to call people out on their predictions.

198.XXX.XX.X
98.XXX.XXX.XX

OJ is so scared right now.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I love that the guy who said that BC was not going to make the 2008 ACC CG and that Dominque Davis had to be better than Chris Crane loves to call people out on their predictions.

198.XXX.XX.X
98.XXX.XXX.XX

i never said either of those things, but nice try.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:51 pm

I love that you're still sticking to the story that you were banned and erased from the entire scout.com network for "not posting that much."
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

hmmmmm.....southern coming off the bench again against UMASS.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:45 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

Is Elmore playing 20 minutes?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

BINGO

Like I said, the next few teams are tiny. UMass was tiny, and people were still bitching about the rebounding, and you you miserable fucking douchnozzle, were calling for Dunn
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:24 pm

9--

OJ Eagledumb, our baby maker????? a miserable human???

Wow, who knew..great post 9.

Merry Christmas.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum