BC Bryant

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC Bryant

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Let me preempt the attack, Bryant is a good team.

Seriously though if we don't win comfortably it will be an embarrassment no one can even name what conference this team is in.

4:00 start, would be shocked if there are 2500 people there.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: BC Bryant

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:26 pm

I checked the schedule today to see who we were playing next. After seeing all those losses I got sick to my stomach. This team should honestly have MAYBE one loss, if not be undefeated. Unbelievable.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Given the opponent and the snow storm, last minute shopping, people already travelling....my honest guess is between 500-1000 fans at this game.
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:41 pm

We should beat Bryant by 20 if we played it in front of no fans in our practice facility. This is a team who lost by 43 points to PC, 15 to Yale and is a whopping 0-10 on the season. Should be a good confidence booster for the team going into the game on Wednesday versus UMASS.

UMASS just beat Memphis so we better be ready to go on Wednesday Night.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:14 am

Yes - Bryant is a good team.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:00 am

We will beat Bryant, but if we get too confident afterwards then we will be smacked by UMASS. They have plenty of guys that can take over a game with their scoring. We don't have many guys that can consistently score. Its dangerous.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby screagle on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:25 pm

i agree... wouldn't be surprised if 500 people showed up. frankly, this team could use some tough love. they better beat this supremely inferior opponent by at least 30. if we lose this one, we will be the laughing stock of the ACC and i will need to sell my season tix for my own mental well being.
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:09 pm

screagle {l Wrote}:i agree... wouldn't be surprised if 500 people showed up. frankly, this team could use some tough love. they better beat this supremely inferior opponent by at least 30. if we lose this one, we will be the laughing stock of the ACC and i will need to sell my season tix for my own mental well being.

We "will be the laughing stock of the ACC"? I think losing to Harvard two years in a row already has quite a few people laughing. If this team doesn't start playing defense - we will all be laughing so hard we will be in tears.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:
screagle {l Wrote}:i agree... wouldn't be surprised if 500 people showed up. frankly, this team could use some tough love. they better beat this supremely inferior opponent by at least 30. if we lose this one, we will be the laughing stock of the ACC and i will need to sell my season tix for my own mental well being.

We "will be the laughing stock of the ACC"? I think losing to Harvard two years in a row already has quite a few people laughing. If this team doesn't start playing defense - we will all be laughing so hard we will be in tears.

Now we're a laughing stock? Since you haven't been paying attention, last year's team lost to Harvard but beat eventual champion (and #1 at the time) North Carolina at the Dean Dome. Laughing stocks don't do that. They also beat #6 Duke. When you do those last two, losing to Harvard is forgivable. BC went dancing and lost to a team who's season was invalidated. I don't think we'll beat Duke or UNC this year, but why don't you stow this laughing stock nonsense for now. A shit record through 11 games warrants many things, but not this hysterical overreaction.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:55 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

Now we're a laughing stock? Since you haven't been paying attention, last year's team lost to Harvard but beat eventual champion (and #1 at the time) North Carolina at the Dean Dome. Laughing stocks don't do that. They also beat #6 Duke. When you do those last two, losing to Harvard is forgivable. BC went dancing and lost to a team who's season was invalidated. I don't think we'll beat Duke or UNC this year, but why don't you stow this laughing stock nonsense for now. A shit record through 11 games warrants many things, but not this hysterical overreaction.

We haven't only lost to Harvard if you hadn't noticed. We have also lost to URI, Northern Iowa, and St. Joe's. Laughing stock is putting it softly.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

We haven't only lost to Harvard if you hadn't noticed. We have also lost to URI, Northern Iowa, and St. Joe's. Laughing stock is putting it softly.

UNI isn't a bad loss for the millionth time. The rest are awful.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:58 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

That wasn't the point made in the post I was replying to. He was basing "laughing stock" on consecutive losses to Harvard. If you think anything about last season implicates that term, I don't know what to tell you. Beating UNC and Duke, standing alone, takes you out of that discussion.

As for this year, I'll hold off on the hysterics until March.

I'll add two things:
1) Contrary to what many (me included) believed, this team DOES miss Tyrese Rice. He scored in bunches and single handedly put away games at the stripe. We don't have anyone that has replaced either of those qualities.
2) Injury or no injury, Rakim Sanders needs to do much more damage against Bryant than 2-10 from the field.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:32 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater75 {l Wrote}:

That wasn't the point made in the post I was replying to. He was basing "laughing stock" on consecutive losses to Harvard. If you think anything about last season implicates that term, I don't know what to tell you. Beating UNC and Duke, standing alone, takes you out of that discussion.

As for this year, I'll hold off on the hysterics until March.

I'll add two things:
1) Contrary to what many (me included) believed, this team DOES miss Tyrese Rice. He scored in bunches and single handedly put away games at the stripe. We don't have anyone that has replaced either of those qualities.
2) Injury or no injury, Rakim Sanders needs to do much more damage against Bryant than 2-10 from the field.

Rakim is just playing his typical game. He's too inconsistent to rely on as a number 1 option and takes way too many 3 pointers when he should be posting people up inside.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum