ALcoholic.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

ALcoholic.

Postby Eagledom on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Blame it on the players Al, blame it on the players.

“We had 14 turnovers in this game, we had 14 turnovers last game,’’ BC coach Al Skinner said. “There was no pressure last game. There was pressure this game. It doesn’t make any difference if it’s pressure or no pressure, our guards haven’t played well. When you look at the overall play, we’re not thinking as well as we need to be. It has nothing to do with their pressure. It has more to do with us.’’
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: ALcoholic.

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:11 pm

I did not read the post (man is still on ignore) but am curious how long and hard OJ thought to come up with the 'witty' title.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:51 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I did not read the post (man is still on ignore) but am curious how long and hard OJ thought to come up with the 'witty' title.

Sometimes it's therapeutic to display his posts just long enough ti smite.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:57 pm

What is wrong with that quote from Skinner? Was he off base? No. they played like shit. they had more turnovers than assists. Hard to argue with AL on this one.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:05 pm

I can't believe people thought this was worth responding to.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:25 pm

EagleDom, we actually agree on a few things concerning basketball, but the players were pitiful against URI.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:EagleDom, we actually agree on a few things concerning basketball, but the players were pitiful against URI.

and the coach has no responsibility for that?
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:EagleDom, we actually agree on a few things concerning basketball, but the players were pitiful against URI.

Possibly, but not a majority of the responsibility. Again, I'll argue that John Wooden wouldn't have beat URI with the mind set of our team on Sunday. The players were simply awful, there wasn't much Al could do.

Harvard is another matter though. A better in-game coach would have beaten Harvard.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Possibly, but not a majority of the responsibility. Again, I'll argue that John Wooden wouldn't have beat URI with the mind set of our team on Sunday. The players were simply awful, there wasn't much Al could do.

Harvard is another matter though. A better in-game coach would have beaten Harvard.

Al has always done this. He lets the players relax. He doesn't care if they don't care....because he doesn't.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Al has always done this. He lets the players relax. He doesn't care if they don't care....because he doesn't.

Again against Harvard, him just sitting there while we were getting outworked pissed me off. Against URI, he was up screaming and yelling but honestly, when Biko commits an over-and-back uncovered out of an inbounds play on one of the stupidest displays of basketball in the history of the NCAA, what exactly do you want Al to do?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dirtywater75 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:11 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Again against Harvard, him just sitting there while we were getting outworked pissed me off. Against URI, he was up screaming and yelling but honestly, when Biko commits an over-and-back uncovered out of an inbounds play on one of the stupidest displays of basketball in the history of the NCAA, what exactly do you want Al to do?

Recruit better guards.
Dirtywater75
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum