Here's my thoughts

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Here's my thoughts

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm

-This team will only get better. Rakim is rusty and they cannot play with each other yet. Those are both things that heal with time.

- Lack of effort. Versus Harvard, URI, UNI, and St.Joe's. Awful.

- URI, UNI, and Harvard are good mid-majors. But ACC programs should beat good mid-majors at home.

- 6-4. Wins include: @ Michigan, @ Providence, vs. Miami. Losses? They're listed. Those losses shouldn't have happened if they beat Miami on the same floor.

- Al Skinner is on the hot seat. In my book. But my book doesn't count, nor does anyone else's for Gene. He fires a winnign football coach for things unrelated to BC's performance on the gridiron and he'sokay with Al losing. His logic is backwards.

- It's unfair to say this team sucks. They just don't know how to play together yet. It's a team of individual talent. Give it time. But yes. Yes, this team's defense sucks.

- While they might be NIT bound, it could be a good start for next year when they will be more polished and they will have a great clash of incoming freshman. Next year is the year, I have been saying it for a while. This does not mean I'm giving up on them.

- Someone needs to step up. Tonight, that looked like Biko and Joe Trapani and sometimes Corey Raji.But they did it in spurts. We need a Jeremy Lin, somebody who steps up for a duration.

- To have turnovers right off a T.O. shows poor coaching. It happened more than once. That is all.

- Life sucks right now. The Steelers have lost five straight including losses to the Bears, Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns. The Eagles are on a slide to and they have lost to some brutal teams. Jesus Christ.
Last edited by BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: Here's my thoughts

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:51 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:-This team will only get better. Rakim is rusty and they cannot play with each other yet. Those are both things that heal with time.

- URI, UNI, and Harvard are good mid-majors. But ACC programs should beat good mid-majors at home.

- 6-4. Wins include: @ Michigan, @ Providence, vs. Miami. Losses? They're listed. Those losses shouldn't have happened if they beat Miami on the same floor.

- Al Skinner is on the hot seat.

- It's unfair to say this team sucks. They just don't know how to play together yet. It's a team of individual talent. Give it time.

- While they might be NIT bound, it could be a good start for next year when they will be more polished and they will have a great clash of incoming freshman. Next year is the year, I have been saying it for a while. This does not mean I'm giving up on them.

- Someone needs to step up. Tonight, that looked like Biko and Joe Trapani and sometimes Corey Raji.But they did it in spurts. We need a Jeremy Lin, somebody who steps up for a duration.

- To have turnovers right off a T.O. shows poor coaching. It happened more than once. That is all.

(1) This point is correct. I surely hope they can't play any worse than this. If you're going to pick a stretch of season to suck, this is it.

We need every OOC game the rest of the way, no exceptions. It'll probably take 10 wins + 1 in the ACCT to make the Dance. If this team makes the NIT this season, next year isn't going to be a whole lot better to be honest. They need to figure it out ASAP.

And it is fair to say this team's defense sucks and will continue to suck.

I have no idea if Skinner is on the hot seat or not, I highly doubt it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Al should be fired if he doesn't make the tourney THIS year. This is his third year with the same group of guys. No excuses. It's time for results.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Al should be fired if he doesn't make the tourney THIS year. This is his third year with the same group of guys. No excuses. It's time for results.

Someone has finally come around. A little late...but hey, that's ok - you're slow.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Al should be fired if he doesn't make the tourney THIS year. This is his third year with the same group of guys. No excuses. It's time for results.

Someone has finally come around. A little late...but hey, that's ok - you're slow.

No, you're just an asshole. Even the blind squirrel (you) finds the nut sometimes.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:56 pm

cant believe MTV pussed out and is pulling the footage of snooki getting ROCKED :lame
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I'm not late OJ. I haven't given up on the season. I'm saying if at the end of the season we haven't made the tourney Skinner should go. I'll give Skinner till the end of this year. My feeling is Gene will give him until the end of next year.

I still think this team has the potential to be at least a Sweet 16 team.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:58 pm

60% = URI 3-point shooting percentage.
50% = BC foul shot percentage.

And BC had more turnovers than they had assists.

Pathetic.

I missed the first 10 minutes of this game. A couple questions:
1) Why Dunn no play?
2) Why did Roche start?
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:09 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:60% = URI 3-point shooting percentage.

Pathetic.

1) Why Dunn no play?
2) Why did Roche start?

1) Good point I have no idea. Maybe TW would like to address this one.
2) Roche didn't start, not sure where you saw this. Southern, Trapani, Raji, Sanders & Paris.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby auggiebc on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
auggiebc {l Wrote}:60% = URI 3-point shooting percentage.

Pathetic.

1) Why Dunn no play?
2) Why did Roche start?

1) Good point I have no idea. Maybe TW would like to address this one.
2) Roche didn't start, not sure where you saw this. Southern, Trapani, Raji, Sanders & Paris.

OK. The ESPN box score listed Roche as a starter and Southern on the bench for some reason.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:15 pm

auggiebc {l Wrote}:A couple questions:
1) Why Dunn no play?
2) Why did Roche start?

1) Don't worry grade time is coming around we'll be seeing more of Dunn
2) He didn't
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 pm

No idea why Dunn didn't play. Al said he had 8. Everyone assumed Ravenel and Elmore were out. I suspected Roche and Dunn. Ravenel and Roche played the most of those 4 tonight, but Elmore got some minutes. I was surprised not to see Dunn. FIRE AL!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:No idea why Dunn didn't play. Al said he had 8. Everyone assumed Ravenel and Elmore were out. I suspected Roche and Dunn. Ravenel and Roche played the most of those 4 tonight, but Elmore got some minutes. I was surprised not to see Dunn. FIRE AL!

It is clearly because Southern is so awesome.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:No idea why Dunn didn't play. Al said he had 8. Everyone assumed Ravenel and Elmore were out. I suspected Roche and Dunn. Ravenel and Roche played the most of those 4 tonight, but Elmore got some minutes. I was surprised not to see Dunn. FIRE AL!

:roll:
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Southern actually played well tonight and was aggressive. 0-for-Trapani was a much bigger disappointment tonight.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Southern actually played well tonight and was aggressive. 0-for-Trapani was a much bigger disappointment tonight.

1) Southern played a game he should play every game. He acted like he was 6-10 sometimes.

2) Trapani did alright... They used him well a few times.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

1) Southern played a game he should play every game. He acted like he was 6-10 sometimes.

2) Trapani did alright... They used him well a few times.

Trapani has been terrible this season, tonight included. If Trapani were Southern, he would have had a good night. But he's not, he's the team's supposed second best player.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I hate losses, but its actually very fun to watch you make yourself look like a complete moron defending this team and this coach. Kind of like watching Tampa Bay Bucs fans say, "but there's really some progress being made out there"
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:26 pm

I like BC Basketball.

We have a nice floor.

We have shiny new basketballs.

Conte has bright lights.

We have nice uniforms.

Then again, how do you have 3 timeouts, mind you a fucking timeout and a chalk board, and not be able to get the ball inbounds three times...and this was also a problem in past seasons and inbounds defense????????????????????????????????

If anyone can explain that to me along with poor, poor free throw shooting and team defense, hustle, boxing out, and all the fundamentals, again, and not just this year, but in past seasons...and then say, Aloof should not be fired at the end of the season??

So sad, so pathetic!

THINK!

Last edited by BCEagle74 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I hate losses, but its actually very fun to watch you make yourself look like a complete moron defending this team and this coach. Kind of like watching Tampa Bay Bucs fans say, "but there's really some progress being made out there"

Leave my Bucs alone. With Tampa Bay, it's like 1 step forward (beating GB, playing well @ Mia & @ Atl) and like 5 steps back (losing to the Jets today)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Leave my Bucs alone. With Tampa Bay, it's like 1 step forward (beating GB, playing well @ Mia & @ Atl) and like 5 steps back (losing to the Jets today)

Well atleast you got your first 1st down in the 3rd quarter! :81 :81
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Kind of like watching Tampa Bay Bucs fans say, "but there's really some progress being made out there"

But there actually kinda is progress with TB...
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:30 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Kind of like watching Tampa Bay Bucs fans say, "but there's really some progress being made out there"

You're starting to sound like TW. Between the Bucs and BC this has been an awful day.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

You're starting to sound like TW. Between the Bucs and BC this has been an awful day.

That KSU QB they drafted was just drafted based on potential. Based on "Well he's big, can move, and has an arm. lets throw money at him." (much like jamarcus russell who is among the biggest busts in NFL history) But however, he has looked good and he has looked bad. But it's his rookie year so that's normal. The good is more telling in a rookie year to see than the bad though.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 pm

over the last 2 years, there have been these type of games. no, not the harvard, st.louis games but games where they seem like they have never seen the press before. if you remember last year at home against clemson it was SO frustrating watching. this was the same thing. either al does this to motivate or he and his staff have serious issues preparing for the press or even making halftime/timeout adjustments. i fear the latter but i still have faith in this team
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:over the last 2 years, there have been these type of games. no, not the harvard, st.louis games but games where they seem like they have never seen the press before. if you remember last year at home against clemson it was SO frustrating watching. this was the same thing. either al does this to motivate or he and his staff have serious issues preparing for the press or even making halftime/timeout adjustments. i fear the latter but i still have faith in this team

Are you just realizing now that this staff is brutal in-game?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Supahfan12 {l Wrote}:he and his staff have serious issues preparing for the press or even making halftime/timeout adjustments.

Wow. Was tonight the first time you ever watched Boston College basketball?

:gun
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 pm

[quote="BCEagles25"]-This team will only get better. Rakim is rusty and they cannot play with each other yet. Those are both things that heal with time.

Harvard is now a mid-major? WTF? You also need to acknowledge per twballgame that Sanders is the best player in the history of the program and not a good player who is wildly inconsistent. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Too late dude. Making shit up and pretending to try to provoke me doesn't work several hours after I admitted that I am just trying to get you clowns all lathered up.

"You're fired!"

"You can't fire me, I quit."

Sorry, OJ.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:33 am

my thoughts, pretty much the same:
-I don't want to take away from what are looking to be good seasons for UNI, Harvard, and URI, they are looking good this year, but that doesn't matter. A decent ACC should have handled them all.
-We aren't better this year but we should be. For the most part we have the same group of guys. Biko Paris should be a better point guard in this offense given his skills than Tyrese was. Don't get me wrong, Tyrese was a great player, but not really suited for our offense.
-UMASS looms large. We will win vs. Bryant, and then think we are great for doing so, and ignore UMASS. UMASS is better than Harvard and St. Joes.
-Al should be on the hot seat. He has a lot of talent but isn't even a bad game coach. He isn't a game coach, he doesn't make adjustments, or call time outs. It's ridiculous. He has to put up a very good season the rest of the way to keep his job.
-Was the Rakim Sanders class Al's last full class? He certainly has recruited that way, with that year being his only deep and highly ranked class. He might be able to see them out and then resign under good terms.

That is all, but we had better turn it up the rest of the way.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum