Official BC-URI "They'd Better Fucking Win This Game" Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official BC-URI "They'd Better Fucking Win This Game" Thread

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:26 pm

This team will be better as the season moves along. They will learn to play with each other, Rakim will polish off the rust and they can't play down to their competition in ACC play.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This team is fucking awful from the coaching to the players. TW this team is not making the NCAA Tournament, you're dillusional if you think so.

I would not be surprised to see them come together during the winter break and realize they have slept walk through the first half of the season. Then again I could easily see them get frustrated and mail in the rest of the season if they start off slow in the ACC.

We're Fed Ex-ing this season in. Don't you worry. Remember who our Head Coach is.

The good news is we're in a relaxed mode while Fed Exing it in. The soothing influence of Handsome Al.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:28 pm

There is comedy, there is high comedy, and then there is a thread with all four BC hoop "fans" posting (from the game I assume).

This is so much fun, I am peeing myself. FIRE AL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Al just drew up a great inbounds pass..

This is a laughing stock game..

I am laughing BC is so pathetic..

Disciplined....just becasue we are BC we are football and basketball disciplined...

-14 BLOWOUT!!!

REPEAT --Two straight tunovers after a timeout...
You think a Bob Knight team would be alive and breathing now?

ALOOF BARCOULOUNGER SKINNER!!!

PURE FUCKING HUMILIATION!!!

PURE FUCKING HUMILIATION!!!PURE FUCKING HUMILIATION!!!PURE FUCKING HUMILIATION!!!PURE FUCKING HUMILIATION!!!

again..again..again...are you fucking kidding me....

A team that has 4 3 balls a game and they go 9-14...

UGH UGH UGh UGh UGH
UGH UGH UGh UGh UGH UGH UGH UGh UGh UGH UGH UGH UGh UGh UGH UGH UGH UGh UGh UGH
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm

We're actually now 3 for 3, batting 1.000 on TO's after a timeout. Atta way Al.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I miss the guys that told me how good Trapani is. Bring those guys back. There is your sixth man.

Assume Trapani's season stays this poor. Other than him, who gets the blame. I ask because the football coaches were (rightfully) blamed when our OL regressed this year.

Difference is it is the same staff. Any regression is his. He is just missing shots he used to make.

Ok, just checking. To recap:

Unexpected success = coaching 'em up.
Failure to improve/regression = player's fault.

I think this comment makes the ridiculous "TW = Al Merryman" a lot more legit.

This is a horrible, horrible showing.

You compared to the OLine. The OLine changed staffs and schemes. Trapani did not. He just started missing.

If the OLine regressed in the same coaching staff, that wouldn't have been on the coaches. Feel free to use more retarded analogies.

OK, I'll do my best in the future. Looks like you are just about alone defending Skinner for this team's performance this year.

I realize you have enough goodwill from football that many won't go at it with you, but it's painfully obvious that this team isn't just doing poorly, they are a disaster. Consecutive home losses to Harvard and URI? Holy shit! I'm not calling for a knee jerk firing: I'm calling Skinner out for a horrible performance this season.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm

One thing that always pisses me off about Al is the refusal to foul down the stretch when the game is still in striking distance.

FUCK IT, FIRE HIM!!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby doteagle on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 pm

guess not
doteagle
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:32 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I miss the guys that told me how good Trapani is. Bring those guys back. There is your sixth man.

Assume Trapani's season stays this poor. Other than him, who gets the blame. I ask because the football coaches were (rightfully) blamed when our OL regressed this year.

Difference is it is the same staff. Any regression is his. He is just missing shots he used to make.

You compared to the OLine. The OLine changed staffs and schemes. Trapani did not. He just started missing.

If the OLine regressed in the same coaching staff, that wouldn't have been on the coaches. Feel free to use more retarded analogies.

OK, I'll do my best in the future. Looks like you are just about alone defending Skinner for this team's performance this year.

I realize you have enough goodwill from football that many won't go at it with you, but it's painfully obvious that this team isn't just doing poorly, they are a disaster. Consecutive home losses to Harvard and URI? Holy shit! I'm not calling for a knee jerk firing: I'm calling Skinner out for a horrible performance this season.

I like that you retards translate "he doesn't deserve to be fired" into "defending Al"

Makes me laugh. "The sky is not blue, must be red then. Nope, there are no other colors. Fuck it, I am one of 3 BC hoop fans."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:We're actually now 3 for 3, batting 1.000 on TO's after a timeout. Atta way Al.

I mean what would you do if you were GDF?

GDF is a fucking loser.

Aloof is a fucking loser.

Spazoo is a fucking loser.

Topoo is a fucking loser.

UGH

I say we hire Menty from the grave.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:33 pm

TWB: there's a big difference between optimism and what you're spewing. The play of this team has been disgusting considering the talent they have on the floor. The effort is minimal and they are just going through the motions. That's going to need to change soon. Being critical of Al is not the same as saying he sould be fired.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:37 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:TWB: there's a big difference between optimism and what you're spewing. The play of this team has been disgusting considering the talent they have on the floor. The effort is minimal and they are just going through the motions. That's going to need to change soon. Being critical of Al is not the same as saying he sould be fired.

I am not spewing shit. All I said was that people that want to fire Al because his team is underachieving right now and has been without its best player are retarded. I have many of the same complaints about what the team and coaches are doing right now. The accusing me of being a Merryman is fucking high hilarity.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:37 pm

First time I've ever walked out of a BC game early. Left with 1 minute to go after the 908143209384th time we didn't even move to get back on D.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

I like that you retards translate "he doesn't deserve to be fired" into "defending Al"

Makes me laugh. "The sky is not blue, must be red then. Nope, there are no other colors. Fuck it, I am one of 3 BC hoop fans."

You love the term retard, don't you? While you're laughing, put in your Haden jersey and kick the stool out from underneath yourself.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:First time I've ever walked out of a BC game early. Left with 1 minute to go after the 908143209384th time we didn't even move to get back on D.

This year's VT Football Game I left at halftime haha when we were down 34-0
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:First time I've ever walked out of a BC game early. Left with 1 minute to go after the 908143209384th time we didn't even move to get back on D.

This year's VT Football Game I left at halftime haha when we were down 34-0

I gave Al a free bit of coaching as I left, "We're playing Clemson in a couple of months, might be time to draw up a play to break the press".
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:42 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

You love the term retard, don't you? While you're laughing, put in your Haden jersey and kick the stool out from underneath yourself.

Explain how "not thinking someone should be fired" equates to "defending everything a coach does."

Didn't think so.

And get back to me in two years when we find out where Josh Haden is playing. But for a bunch of guys that want Al fired, I assume you are pissed at the mediocrity that was BC football this season right? Fire Spaz?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:TWB: there's a big difference between optimism and what you're spewing. The play of this team has been disgusting considering the talent they have on the floor. The effort is minimal and they are just going through the motions. That's going to need to change soon. Being critical of Al is not the same as saying he sould be fired.

I am not spewing shit. All I said was that people that want to fire Al because his team is underachieving right now and has been without its best player are retarded. I have many of the same complaints about what the team and coaches are doing right now. The accusing me of being a Merryman is fucking high hilarity.

Don't worry. Their best player wil be back soon and all will be okay. Oh, shit, he played tonight. I hope there is another hidden gem out there that hasn't played yet.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Tim Brando and Gminski looked horrified.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:43 pm

So we play Bryant next Saturday. I suppose their basketball team is good also?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Don't worry. Their best player wil be back soon and all will be okay. Oh, shit, he played tonight. I hope there is another hidden gem out there that hasn't played yet.

Yes, it was expected that he would slide right in and play 40 minutes. Can't believe it didn't get fixed overnight.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Hunta518 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 pm

I can't wait to see BC's name on selection sunday... in the signature win column at least 2 times if not 3
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Someone needs to step up and lead this team on the floor. To be honest, Al coached fine tonight but the players were just miserable.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dixieagle on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:46 pm

I just happened to turn on the TV and saw the last few seconds of the game. Did we really lose by 11 to URI??? What is happening? This is completely ridiculous.
dixieagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:I can't wait to see BC's name on selection sunday... in the signature win column at least 2 times if not 3

it wil be ashame that that graphic will be accompanied by the 4-6 "bad losses" that left this team out of the tounament.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bc62380 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm

What a terrible uninspired performance. Some of this has to fall on Al and the leaders of this team. And after a loss to Harvard. :bag
bc62380
n00b

Postby h2o on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:49 pm

dixieagle {l Wrote}:I just happened to turn on the TV and saw the last few seconds of the game. Did we really lose by 11 to URI??? What is happening? This is completely ridiculous.

I just saw the last few minutes too, but from what I gather from this thread, we're missing a good player so we're expected to lose to the likes of URI and Al is a good coach.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:

Explain how "not thinking someone should be fired" equates to "defending everything a coach does."

Didn't think so.

And get back to me in two years when we find out where Josh Haden is playing. But for a bunch of guys that want Al fired, I assume you are pissed at the mediocrity that was BC football this season right? Fire Spaz?

I don't expect you to remember what I post, but I was indeed upset with 8-4, but more for how those 4 games were lost. I predicted 9-3 going into the season (the only game I had wrong was ND), so being 1 game off I wasn't furious. That said, I see no basis for confidence that BC can win an ACC title with Spaz at the helm. I don't expect him to be fired but I'll be pissed if he's still coaching 2 years from now.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:I can't wait to see BC's name on selection sunday... in the signature win column at least 2 times if not 3

it wil be ashame that that graphic will be accompanied by the 4-6 "bad losses" that left this team out of the tounament.

I'm pretty sure he meant signature wins for URI, UNI, etc.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Exalt
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum