Remember that NCSU replaced Herb Sendek with...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Remember that NCSU replaced Herb Sendek with...

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 am

Sidney Lowe.

How is that shit working out?

Discuss.

FIRE AL!!!!!1111!!!!!!ONE!!!!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: Remember that NCSU replaced Herb Sendek with...

Postby RyanBC on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:20 am

if they fire Al I will crush the athletic department, single handedly.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCMcG on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:40 pm

It worked out perfectly. He wears a bright red jacket so he's visible on the sidelines and he brings in top recruits like Hickson. Isn't that what you want in a coach?
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Sidney Lowe.

Discuss.

Oh there it is again. Your wonderful argument of "we might do worse" so we better stick to the status quo, no matter that the status quo is average.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Discuss.

Oh there it is again. Your wonderful argument of "we might do worse" so we better stick to the status quo, no matter that the status quo is average.

You are an idiot if you think the status quo is "average". It may not be the Elite 8 or Sweet 16 that we think this program is capable of, but it is hardly "average."
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Discuss.

You are an idiot if you think the status quo is "average". It may not be the Elite 8 or Sweet 16 that we think this program is capable of, but it is hardly "average."

1 sweet 16 in 13 years, no final 8s, no final 4s. 2 appearances in conference finals. That sounds pretty fuckin average.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Discuss.

1 sweet 16 in 13 years, no final 8s, no final 4s. 2 or 3 appearances in conference finals. That sounds pretty fuckin average.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Discuss.

1 sweet 16 in 13 years, no final 8s, no final 4s. 2 appearances in conference finals. That sounds pretty fuckin average.

Average for who, Duke? Because that's about what they have been doing lately. UNC and Kansas? Sure, those seasons would be average for them, like when they lost to George Mason. I'd say Kentucky, but over the past 10 years they haven't done as well as BC.

I can count on two hands the number of teams that have gone to the tourney as consistently as Al over the past 10 years. That ain't average.

Of the 330 teams in college basketball, about 305 would love to have Al Skinner's record.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Discuss.

Average for who, Duke? Because that's about what they have been doing lately. UNC and Kansas? Sure, those seasons would be average for them, like when they lost to George Mason. I'd say Kentucky, but over the past 10 years they haven't done as well as BC.

I can count on two hands the number of teams that have gone to the tourney as consistently as Al over the past 10 years. That ain't average.

Of the 330 teams in college basketball, about 305 would love to have Al Skinner's record.

If someone told me, you can have this coach for the next 15 years....and told me that his performance would be EXACTLY what Al's has been over the time that he has been here, I'd say "no thanks", I'd like to get past the first weekend of the tournament more than one fucking time. And its not like the conference tournament resumes are that outstanding. You just have low standards. What a fucking joke.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm

You are absurd. Ask a fan of 320 of the 330 division I schools if they could have a coach that went to 7 of the last 9 tournaments, the Sweet 16 once, the Round of 32 4 times, and won 2 regular season and 1 conference tourney championship all while playing in the two toughest conferences in America, and they would say YES in a heartbeat.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You are absurd. Ask a fan of 320 of the 330 division I schools if they could have a coach that went to 7 of the last 9 tournaments, the Sweet 16 once, the Round of 32 4 times, and won 2 regular season and 1 conference tourney championship all while playing in the two toughest conferences in America, and they would say YES in a heartbeat.

totally disagree.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:53 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

No. With 300+ Division I basketball schools, average would likely be no tournament appearances. By just making the tournament consistently Al has exceeded average. Not that I'm happy or satisfied with his post season performance, but you can't call him average.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:57 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You are absurd. Ask a fan of 320 of the 330 division I schools if they could have a coach that went to 7 of the last 9 tournaments, the Sweet 16 once, the Round of 32 4 times, and won 2 regular season and 1 conference tourney championship all while playing in the two toughest conferences in America, and they would say YES in a heartbeat.

totally disagree.

Let's pick average. St. Johns', you are on the clock. Would you like Al Skinner as a coach?

Seton Hall, you are on the clock.

UVA, you are on the clock.

Those are average schools. Not BC.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:58 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

totally disagree.

Not at all surprised. That's why I said it, puppet boy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EaglesTalon on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 am

If Al Skinner were fired today, would he be offered a job at a school in a "major" conference?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:If Al Skinner were fired today, would he be offered a job at a school in a "major" conference?

probably. so was :toby
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 am

:toby was fired?

news to me.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:48 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}::toby was fired?

news to me.

no, he was pushed out, but I see you have resorted to semantics. But by your logic, he was hired by a school in a major conference, which must mean he is an above average coach.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}::toby was fired?

news to me.

no, he was pushed out, but I see you have resorted to semantics. But by your logic, he was hired by a school in a major conference, which must mean he is an above average coach.

Again, are you fucking kidding me? Toby couldn't wait to get out of here.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:56 am

in the years before TOB willingly left for NC State, how many other schools in BCS conference laughed at the idea of hiring him? Michigan State, UVA, UNC, GT, Washington, Navy, ...
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:07 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:in the years before TOB willingly left for NC State, how many other schools in BCS conference laughed at the idea of hiring him? Michigan State, UVA, UNC, GT, Washington, Navy, ...

was he "offered a job at a school in a "major" conference"? It was your logic, not mine.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:08 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:in the years before TOB willingly left for NC State, how many other schools in BCS conference laughed at the idea of hiring him? Michigan State, UVA, UNC, GT, Washington, Navy, ...

was he "offered a job at a school in a "major" conference"? It was your logic, not mine.

On the condition that he was fired, idiot.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:11 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

On the condition that he was fired, idiot.

that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Talon's logic was that if he were hired by a major conference school, that must mean that he is an above average coach.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:23 am

So, do you think that if Al Skinner actively sought out jobs right now, the exact same pool of jobs would be available to him if he didn't leave on his own, but was fired?

You don't think that the stigma of being fired has any impact whatsoever on the number of jobs immediately available for someone?
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 am

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:So, do you think that if Al Skinner actively sought out jobs right now, the exact same pool of jobs would be available to him if he didn't leave on his own, but was fired?

You don't think that the stigma of being fired has any impact whatsoever on the number of jobs immediately available for someone?

there might be a few schools that would pass...but TOBY would've been hired by a major conference school if he were fired.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum