Something hit me...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Something hit me...

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Maybe Harvard is good?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: Something hit me...

Postby Eagledom on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Maybe Harvard is good?

oh my god.....
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby doteagle on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 am

I agree. Harvard hired a good coach and staff. They are trying to be Stanford East. Lin is special but he had others on the court last night.

Boston might be a city with 2 top tier college basketball programs.
doteagle
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 am

Think about it -- A solid PG that can penetrate an ACC defense (a weak one), a very talented and smart Jeremy Lin and not to mention a great sophomore Forward, Keith Wright. They have a few other solid contributors and good coaches. They held their own against UCONN (fuck them). I'm not overly ashamed about this loss.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:03 am

No shit. Welcome to the club.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 am

Harvard is very good.

Still doesn't address the many comments and posts on these threads about Al's Coaching (fortget about recruiting) and not just this game but over his tenure at BC.

That is the issue 1.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby auggiebc on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Maybe Harvard is good?

it was an opportunity lost for us not to beat Harvard. beating a good team is what good teams should do on their home floor. but we lost. not the end of the world. like i have been saying, let's get rakim back and let the chips fall where they may.

remember...the 7-8 minute stretches where Al feels compelled to keep Trapani on the bench and therefore this team plays without any offense and we ultimately lose......those situations will be mitigated when sanders comes back. so when Al sits Trap for long stretches at least we'll have another scorer on the floor to offset 32-14 runs by IVY league teams.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 am

the al apologists have hit new lows. A loss to Harvard has become acceptable, because they are just such a great team.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby screagle on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:14 am

:toby
screagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:52 am

Please stop...immediately. Harvard is a fine Ivy League team. On the greater scale of things, Harvard is not good. They'd get slaughtered in any big-time conference including the awful Pac-10 this year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 am

If BC beat Harvard by one point, would people still be bitching?
Yes.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Please stop...immediately. Harvard is a fine Ivy League team. On the greater scale of things, Harvard is not good. They'd get slaughtered in any big-time conference including the awful Pac-10 this year.

Its no use...these idiots are now arguing that the Harvard loss was a "quality" loss. hilarious.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Please stop...immediately. Harvard is a fine Ivy League team. On the greater scale of things, Harvard is not good. They'd get slaughtered in any big-time conference including the awful Pac-10 this year.

Its no use...these idiots are now arguing that the Harvard loss was a "quality" loss. hilarious.

Technically it is, for all of the people like Pedro that beat off to the RPI.

But no, it ain't a good loss. It's a bad one, and a pretty meaningless one, and those who get their panties in a bunch over it make my day enjoyable.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:55 pm

You love to argue this "meaningless loss" crap.

A. No loss to a shitty team at any point of the season is meaningless when you are destined for the bubble.
B. You can say its meaningless all you want, but it does indicate what kind of team this is. Good teams don't lose to St. Joes and Harvard in the same season. Just doesn't happen.

So keep calling it meaningless, keep saying "Harvard is really good", and keep fooling youyrself that EVERYTHING changes when Rakim gets back.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:You love to argue this "meaningless loss" crap.

A. No loss to a shitty team at any point of the season is meaningless when you are destined for the bubble.
B. You can say its meaningless all you want, but it does indicate what kind of team this is. Good teams don't lose to St. Joes and Harvard in the same season. Just doesn't happen.

So keep calling it meaningless, keep saying "Harvard is really good", and keep fooling youyrself that EVERYTHING changes when Rakim gets back.

A. Never said Harvard was good.

B. Rakim Sanders is the best player on the team by far.

C. The Harvard loss was positively fucking meaningless last year, just like I said it would be.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 pm

You love to argue this "I'm not OJ" crap.

A. No dickish post at any point is meaningless when you are destined to spend life as the King of Dicks.
B. You can say you're not OJ all you want, but your posts indicate what a dick you are. Non-OJ posters don't post nothing but racist dickish bullshit. Just doesn't happen.

So keep claiming you've always been Eagledom, keep saying "I'm not OJ," and keep fooling yourself that EVERYONE believes you're not OJ.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

C. The Harvard loss was positively fucking meaningless last year, just like I said it would be.

Sanders being the best player on the team is not an issue....we shouldn't be losing to Harvard and St. Joes without him. And there's a potential that he still an inconsistent turnover machine that plays well 2 every three games and disappears the other game. The Harveard game being meaningless last year doesn't mean it will be this year. You don't want to accumulate 3 bad losses in your first 9 games, because there is a very good chance it could have an effect on tourney chances. And finally, I'll say it again because you just don't get it. GOOD TEAMS DO NOT LOSE TO HARVARD and ST JOES>
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Sanders being the best player on the team is not an issue....we shouldn't belosing to Harvard and St. Joes without him. And there's a potential that he still and inconsistent turnover machine that plays well 2 every three games and disappears the other game. The Harveard game being meaningless last year doesn't mean it will be this year. You don't want to accumulate 3 bad losses in your first 9 games, because there is a very good chance it could have an effect on tourney chances. And finally, I'll say it again because you just don't get it. GOOD TEAMS DO NOT LOSE TO HARVARD and ST JOES>

BC was a good team last year. Went to the tourney. Beat #1 UNC and #5 Duke. 9 wins in the conference. Lost to St. Louis and Harvard.

You are stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

You love to argue this "I'm not OJ" crap.

A. No dickish post at any point is meaningless when you are destined to spend life as the King of Dicks.
B. You can say you're not OJ all you want, but your posts indicate what a dick you are. Non-OJ posters don't post nothing but racist dickish bullshit. Just doesn't happen.

So keep claiming you've always been Eagledom, keep saying "I'm not OJ," and keep fooling yourself that EVERYONE believes you're not OJ.

Please show me one of my "racist" comments. Thanks in advance.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Sanders being the best player on the team is not an issue....we shouldn't belosing to Harvard and St. Joes without him. And there's a potential that he still and inconsistent turnover machine that plays well 2 every three games and disappears the other game. The Harveard game being meaningless last year doesn't mean it will be this year. You don't want to accumulate 3 bad losses in your first 9 games, because there is a very good chance it could have an effect on tourney chances. And finally, I'll say it again because you just don't get it. GOOD TEAMS DO NOT LOSE TO HARVARD and ST JOES>

BC was a good team last year. Went to the tourney. Beat #1 UNC and #5 Duke. 9 wins in the conference. Lost to St. Louis and Harvard.

You are stupid.

If you think that was a good team last year, you really do have low standards.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You are stupid.

Wait, I want to get this straight - you don't think BC had a good team last year?

Okay then, Socrates, Al must be a great coach since he coached them to the tournament with a team that wasn't very good.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You are stupid.

Wait, I want to get this straight - you don't think BC had a good team last year?

Okay then, Socrates, Al must be a great coach since he coached them to the tournament with a team that wasn't very good.

I don't think making it to a field of 64 is de facto evidence of a good year. There are plenty of average teams in the tournament. But to Mr. "making it to the tourney is our ultimate goal", that's a great year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You are stupid.

I don't think making it to a field of 64 is de facto evidence of a good year. There are plenty of average teams in the tournament. But to Mr. "making it to the tourney is our ultimate goal", that's a great year.

It is not a "field of 64". Getting rid of the bullshit teams, it is about a field of 32-35.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:No shit. Welcome to the club.

What club? I didn't hear anybody afterwards say "Wow, that wasn't a bad loss. I'm not upset, they're just superior." If you can find a quote, fine, but from my memory everyone was pissed.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:26 am

BC was a good team last year. A 7 seed is a sign of a good team. It was not a great team, but it was a good team.

And yeah, OJ, TW pretty much has you cornered. If you don't think that was a good team it meant Al did a hell of a job coaching the team to top 6 in conference, two top 5 wins, and a 7 seed.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:29 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:BC was a good team last year. A 7 seed is a sign of a good team. It was not a great team, but it was a good team.

And yeah, OJ, TW pretty much has you cornered. If you don't think that was a good team it meant Al did a hell of a job coaching the team to top 6 in conference, two top 5 wins, and a 7 seed.

Only if you think "top 6 in the conference" and a 1st round exit in the ncaas is a "good" season. To me its ho hum. but again, its the lowered expectations of people like you that think its great. same way that a top 2 finish in football in the division and a bowl game was ho hum.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:33 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:BC was a good team last year. A 7 seed is a sign of a good team. It was not a great team, but it was a good team.

Only if you think "top 6 in the conference" and a 1st round exit in the ncaas is a "good" season. To me its ho hum. but again, its the lowered expectations of people like you that think its great. same way that a top 2 finish in football in the division and a bowl game was ho hum.

Are you fucking kidding me? You do not think a top 6 finish in the best conference in the nation is a "good season"?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Are you fucking kidding me? You do not think a top 6 finish in the best conference in the nation is a "good season"?

meh. i'd like better, but you can continue being satisied with that.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:41 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I understand you would like better, but you do not constitute that as a good season? Then what is a good season for you?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I understand you would like better, but you do not constitute that as a good season? Then what is a good season for you?

A season where they only recruit white players and fire Al Skinner.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum