This Season

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

This Season

Postby auggiebc on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 am

My attempt to clean the palate after last night's debacle.

This season doesn't start until Rakim comes back. What this team does once Rakim is healthy will be the barometer in which this team gets measured.
Losses to St.Joe's and Harvard are not nearly as bad as last year's St. Louis and Harvard losses. Last year's losses went directly up on the "bad losses" board come tourney selection time (but the team over-came them with great wins).

This year, Harvard is probably a tourney team, and we are playing these games without our best player. So while they may be viewed as bad losses to us fans, they are not a big deal with the talking heads and selection committee. Those that think we need to have "great wins" to offset these losses are off base. If BC is the team that most of us think it is, the wins will come.

Presuming Rakim is now healthy, we will have an easy stretch in December, get back on track, and let the chips fall where they may in Jan/Feb.

PS: With that said, there are obviously some concerns with this team. Biko and Southern need to get a lot better. The team needs to shoot better and hit foul shots. But I think everyone will improve once Rakim is back.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Re: This Season

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 am

Just so you're not shocked, when we're on the bubble in March, the ESPN/CBS Graphic will say this:

Good Wins: @ Michigan, etc.
Bad Losses: St. Joe's, Harvard

I'm just not totally sure Rakim would help fix the inconsistency of this team even though he's obviously our best player.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:30 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Just so you're not shocked, when we're on the bubble in March, the ESPN/CBS Graphic will say this:

Good Wins: @ Michigan, etc.
Bad Losses: St. Joe's, Harvard

I'm just not totally sure Rakim would help fix the inconsistency of this team even though he's obviously our best player.

he wouldn't. It's not like he's mister consistent.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Heights on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't disagree and hope it happens, but I think that's a pretty bleak outlook. If Sanders comes back with his head on straight maybe but I'm not holding my breath. With his matador defense pouting and thinking he's a great 3-point shooter (which he is not) it's not going to get much better. If Sanders decides to play of course BC will be able to beat anyone then lose to anyone when he mails it in.

Like other people here, I wish we could go small to allow Reggie and Sanders more running room, but we don't have the roster.
Last edited by Heights on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We have everyone on our 2010 schedule but the New England Patriots"

Frank Spaziani
Heights
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Heights {l Wrote}:I don't disagree and hope it happens, but I think that's a pretty bleak outlook. If Sanders comes back with his head on straight maybe but I'm not holding my breath. With his matador perimeter defense, pouting and thinking he's a great 3-point shooter (which he is not) it's not going to get much better. If Sanders decides to play of course BC will be able to beat anyone then lose to anyone when he mails it in.

Like other people here, I wish we could go small to allow Reggie and Sanders more running room, but we don't have the roster.

Where the fuck is all this coming from? Someone enlighten me about the story of Rakim Sanders: entitled headcase that I've never heard before.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:34 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Heights {l Wrote}:I don't disagree and hope it happens, but I think that's a pretty bleak outlook. If Sanders comes back with his head on straight maybe but I'm not holding my breath. With his matador perimeter defense, pouting and thinking he's a great 3-point shooter (which he is not) it's not going to get much better. If Sanders decides to play of course BC will be able to beat anyone then lose to anyone when he mails it in.

Where the fuck is all this coming from? Someone enlighten me about the story of Rakim Sanders: entitled headcase that I've never heard before.

Neither has anyone else. Last season was Rakim Sanders: clutch game winning shot guy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:07 pm

We could still have a good season. Bad losses this year against Harvard and St. Joes are no worse than Harvard and St. Louis last year. (WTF with harvard and saint teams!?!) If we do well in the ACC and don't lose another OOC we are into the tourney.

That said if we play like we did against Harvard for the rest of the season. :suicide :gun :suicide :gun :suicide :gun no more wins
BC923
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum