Fire Skinner? Poll, performance approval thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Fire Skinner?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 54

Re: Fire Skinner? Poll and official thread

Postby Eagledom on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:57 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Skinner won't be fired this year. The team will be good enough to avoid criticism from the casual fan. But if next year's team flops, then I think Skinner might be on the hot seat for the first time ever.

This I agree with. Next year's team should be one of the favorites to win the ACC

Jesus Christ. Enough already.

They are going to finish fourth or higher this season, jackass.

I bet Harvard and St Joes wish they were in the ACC this year. They'd play each other in the title game.

Eagledom has yet to figure out that the ACC standings aren't affected by OOC games. Did the Harvard loss last year knock us down a peg or two in the ACC standings? DERP!

No - its called watching the games that we've played and using them as a barometer for how good we are.

So what did you take out of beating Miami, and Providence and Michigan on the road, without BC's best player?

That Harvard would HOUSE all of them, obviously. :lol:

The fact that we have won those 3 games agsainst very average teams so far is supposed to tell me we are going to finish at the top of the ACC when we have also lost horrible games to UNI, St Joes, and Harvard. The fist 9 games tells me that this is a team that can play pretty well on a given night, but can look like complete dogshit the next night...pretty much exactly the same as last year. A very average team.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Skinner won't be fired this year. The team will be good enough to avoid criticism from the casual fan. But if next year's team flops, then I think Skinner might be on the hot seat for the first time ever.

This I agree with. Next year's team should be one of the favorites to win the ACC

I bet Harvard and St Joes wish they were in the ACC this year. They'd play each other in the title game.

Eagledom has yet to figure out that the ACC standings aren't affected by OOC games. Did the Harvard loss last year knock us down a peg or two in the ACC standings? DERP!

No - its called watching the games that we've played and using them as a barometer for how good we are.

So what did you take out of beating Miami, and Providence and Michigan on the road, without BC's best player?

The fact that we have won those 3 games agsainst very average teams so far is supposed to tell me we are going to finish at the top of the ACC when we have also lost horrible games to UNI, St Joes, and Harvard. The fist 9 games tells me that this is a team that can play pretty well on a given night, but can look like complete dogshit the next night...pretty much exactly the same as last year. A very average team.

No doubt, without its best player, BC is an average team. That's why I am not losing my head when they play average without their best player, especially since they got some good road wins and won the game that really matters.

And I agree that Michigan is average, but the rest of the country does not. They started the season ranked 15. Miami was 8-0 and beat South Carolina and Minnesota.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No doubt, without its best player, BC is an average team. That's why I am not losing my head when they play average without their best player, especially since they got some good road wins and won the game that really matters.

And I agree that Michigan is average, but the rest of the country does not. They started the season ranked 15. Miami was 8-0 and beat South Carolina and Minnesota.

the fact that michigan was overrated doesn't make the win any better.

And you seem to think that sanders is going to make a much bigger difference than he will...but what else is new. If its last year's sanders, he won't make this team any more than an average team, maybe a bit more dangerous than they are now, but still extremely inconsistent. He'll have to be an all ACC player to make any big difference. we'll see if he has improved that much.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 am

Rakim Sanders is by far the best player on this team, and one of the most talented Al has ever had. Period. If you don't see that, you are fuckingstupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Rakim Sanders is by far the best player on this team, and one of the most talented Al has ever had. Period. If you don't see that, you are fuckingstupid.

I have never denied his talent. But I don't think this is a great team with him or without him. Its a bubble team at best.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Rakim Sanders is by far the best player on this team, and one of the most talented Al has ever had. Period. If you don't see that, you are fuckingstupid.

I have never denied his talent. But I don't think this is a great team with him or without him. Its a bubble team at best.

Just like last year huh? When they were on your bubble but ended up as a 7 seed?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:53 am

buconvict {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Just like last year huh? When they were on your bubble but ended up as a 7 seed?

and lost in the first round because they were an average team.

....not to mention that I knew they were in last year. I didn't think they were a bubble team
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:58 am

Nonsense. You were beating the "no chance we make the tournament with a loss to Harvard" drum up until the moment the draw was announced. It must be fun being so full of shit.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:00 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Nonsense. You were beating the "no chance we make the tournament with a loss to Harvard" drum up until the moment the draw was announced. It must be fun being so full of shit.

nope. not me. You can make it up, but it ain't true. go ahead over to the EA board and find the post and paste it here, please.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:03 am

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you had stopped denying that you're OJ. My mistake.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Eagledom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:13 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you had stopped denying that you're OJ. My mistake.

ohhhh.....the OJ stuff again. :lame
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you had stopped denying that you're OJ. My mistake.

ohhhh.....the OJ stuff again. :lame

Shut up OJ. And go away.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:50 am

You people are all wrong. Eagledom on EO posted as eagledom on EI, but just not that often. And not only was he banned from EI for not posting that much, but he was banned and his user id was deleted from the ENTIRE SCOUT NETWORK, for not posting that much.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Sometimes I display OJ's posts just so I can smite them.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Hey I wanted Al and his stupid flex gone for years.

He may go 20-0, but that was more happenstance and schedule..

The season and ACC tourney for the eleventybillionth time is a seeding contest.

Al has failed miserably no matter what seed we get.

Villanova.

Yes, it was horrible to lose to #3 ranked Villanova in a tough battle.

and we got cheated in that game.
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby micheagle on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm

Tonight moved me from the "no" to the "yes" camp. Skinner is Toby with a little more melanin. No chance this clown ever takes a BC team to the Final Four.
micheagle
Carney Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm on board as well now :banana
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:I'm on board as well now :banana

Welcome aboard :titanic
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:But, now we know what type of person Gene will hire.

If this is Al Skinner's final year, there's no doubt in my mind that this would be a VERY attractive job for people who really want to make a name for themselves. Next year, this team will be losing only Tyler Roche. There's a very real possibility that the Jags version of a college basketball coach sees next year's BC team as an opportunity to inherit a senior-heavy team & if a first year coach can make some noise in the NCAAs, his name will be mentioned in a lot of coaching searches the following year. And that scares the shit out of Gene.

So, if Gene fires Al this year, or if Al retires on his own, the next coach of BC will be Pat Duquette.

I agree with this line of thinking, except that I think Bill Coen would be offered first before Duquette.

ATL's right that Al is safe, and that's for good reason. Lest we forget all those years JOB managed to snatch the NIT out of the jaws of the NCAA, and how NIT runs turned into staying home in March (Corey Beasley says "Hi")? Then JOB torches the program on the way out the door. So we're going to let go of Al, and find some coach who focuses more on histrionics (on floor and off) than actual coaching. No thanks.

The biggest thing I don't like about Al is the lack of attention to defense. He relies on the Flex to produce consistently, but defensive effort never slumps. I suspect this goes to preserving energy due to (in Al's mind) a lack of trustworthy depth.

This leads into the second issue. Al's system, in recruiting and in style of play, doesn't produce enough depth and redundancy to survive WTF games. Dr. Tom had the right idea, going with the full-blown press. That style traded baskets for turnovers, and it demanded a full roster fully engaged in the game. The high-energy style also protected against letdowns, as there was always someone else looking for time if you wanted to dog it. You would need a higher level of talent to beat an engaged UNC or Kansas, but in the meantime you're less prone to Robert Morris-style letdowns.

HERE WOULD BE THE WINNER IF COEN IS HIRED...
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You people are fucking lame. It's humorous though, keep it up tards.

9 always wrong..Tuggle..having a bad year..doing too much lawyer workd and not gooffing off!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:09 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
15Radnor {l Wrote}:By the way, I am friends with many prominent refs around the NCAA and they are baffled at Skinner's "coaching." So it's not just BC fans who hold him in such poor regards.

This is the most telling, and best basketball post in 7 years and 20,000 posts. I bow to Radnor 15.

Al was successful in the past becasue he had two great X and O coaches who became head coaches at bad basketball programs.

Al Skinner does not recruit, nor does he care.

Reading these threads tonight, all should be printed and read aloud to GDF after someone kidnaps him and makes him listen and tapes his eyelids open and ties him down.

The basketball anaylsis was great. Too bad our genius falls on deaf ears and worse, ears that couldn't give a shit.

Look at the Trapani usage, Biko can't defend or shoot, the same defense on a guys who was en fuego? Look at that stuff you guys posted that Al should be making in game adjustments along with free throw shooting practice and shooting drills?

Pitino is up and screaming like Gary Williams all game long,

Al is sitting like a lazy toad modeling Eastern clothing.Hockey School...now yes. we are only a Hockey School.

AL SKINNER ---SITTING IN THE BIG COMFY EASY CHAIR!

I AM A HUMBLE GENIUS!!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:12 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Skinner will have to have two straight losing seasons to ever get on the hot seat. He is very very safe. And we would go with a Skinner guy as the next coach anyway.

This game sucked, but the people who call Skinner's coaching a "joke" are a joke. Watch him during games. He clearly cares and his ingame moves work more than they fail.

BAD KOSS!!!

74 was way right years ago...AL was a lazy Elvis!!!

I give you a pass..

I am laughing my ass off at this thread!!!

History is a blast!!!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:17 am

[quote="OCs_Inner_Eagle"]

I agree with this line of thinking, except that I think Bill Coen would be offered first before Duquette.

ATL's right that Al is safe, and that's for good reason. BAD OC!!!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Fire Skinner? Poll and official thread
by OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 am

GREAT OC!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum