Fire Skinner? Poll, performance approval thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Fire Skinner?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 54

Fire Skinner? Poll, performance approval thread

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Whaddaya think? I'm on the fence.

Reasons:

After beating 8-0 Miami at home, Harvard comes in and crushes the Eagles in the same building! The Eagles are missing free throws, something pretty basic for any coaching staff to teach.

They lost to St. Joe's. 'Nuff said.

He decided not to bring any sort of pressure on Harvard in the final minutes until it was too late.

Too many WTF's. You can't blame it on the players anymore. Al has been doing this as long as he has been here. DuQuesne in 2006, Wisconsin Whitewater-Oshkosh-Green Bay in the NCAA tournament. Harvard, Harvard, St. Joe's, UNI, Robert Morris.

Why Not?:

Great recruiter. Can really find good players.

Is excellent at player developement.

Who would take over? Pat DuQuette?
Last edited by BCEagles25 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Re: Fire Skinner? Poll and official thread

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Whaddaya think?

Reasons:

After beating 8-0 Miami at home, Harvard comes in and crushes the Eagles in the same building! The Eagles are missing free throws, something pretty basic for any coaching staff to teach.

He decided not to bring any sort of pressure on Harvard in the final minutes until it was too late.

Too many WTF's. You can't blame it on the players anymore. Al has been doing this as long as he has been here.

Why Not?:

I think you forgot not making it past the Sweet 16 in 12 years when the school's motto is "Ever to Excel."
Last edited by 15Radnor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:16 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Whaddaya think? I'm on the fence.

Reasons:

Too many WTF's. You can't blame it on the players anymore. Al has been doing this as long as he has been here. DuQuesne in 2006, Wisconsin Whitewater-Oshkosh-Green Bay in the NCAA tournament. Harvard, Harvard, St. Joe's, UNI, Robert Morris.

Why Not?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:25 pm

when does spring practice start for football? Looks like there's no good hoops to look forward to.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Honestly, while I thought Skinner sucked this game, this is more on the players- They choose which games to show up to. True, this a reflection on the coach, but it isn't only on the coach.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby ryfarls on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:37 pm

i blame jagz
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:37 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Honestly, while I thought Skinner sucked this game, this is more on the players- They choose which games to show up to. True, this a reflection on the coach, but it isn't only on the coach.

Al knows there are no consequences to losing from the admin and the players know there are no consequences from al. that's a bad formula.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Glad some of you are coming around to my point of you. Skinner is a fucking awful coach. There is a lot of talent on this team but it goes to waste with such a useless coach. I really don't give a damn who we hire if Al somehow gets fired. He's a fine evaluator of talent, but fucking cluelsss as a coach.

Fire Skinner.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Honestly, while I thought Skinner sucked this game, this is more on the players- They choose which games to show up to. True, this a reflection on the coach, but it isn't only on the coach.

Al knows there are no consequences to losing from the admin and the players know there are no consequences from al. that's a bad formula.

Like I said, it is on the coach ultimately. But it also shows a lack of heart from the players.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:41 pm

By the way, I am friends with many prominent refs around the NCAA and they are baffled at Skinner's "coaching." So it's not just BC fans who hold him in such poor regards.
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Glad some of you are coming around to my point of you. Skinner is a fucking awful coach. There is a lot of talent on this team but it goes to waste with such a useless coach. I really don't give a damn who we hire if Al somehow gets fired. He's a fine evaluator of talent, but fucking cluelsss as a coach.

Fire Skinner.

al sucks, but this whole "should he be fired" question is moot. he isn't going anywhere b/c gene doesn't care. Maybe that's partly why al couldn't care less. he knows he is comfortable and is here as long as he wants.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Al Skinner in a nutshell:

2 WTF Wins (@ Mich. and believe it or not, we're going to beat Duke or UNC once)
2 WTF Losses ( St. Joe's & Harvard)

This type of crap shouldn't be tolerated anymore. HIre Pat Duquette sure, go get Anthony Grant from VCU. Just hire someone who actually gives a damn
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Dear Al,

The great Billy Ocean once said:

get out of my dreams and
get the FUCK out of my fucking ALMA MATER!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:47 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Al Skinner in a nutshell:

2 WTF Wins (@ Mich. and believe it or not, we're going to beat Duke or UNC once)
2 WTF Losses ( St. Joe's & Harvard)

This type of crap shouldn't be tolerated anymore. HIre Pat Duquette sure, go get Anthony Grant from VCU. Just hire someone who actually gives a damn

michigan was an ok win...not a WTF win. They have already lost a bunch of games this year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:49 pm

15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:55 pm

I just joined the group. I'm sick of this shit from Skinner. For the rest of the year, and I don't really care what the record says, I don't want to hear any more from your Skinner defenders.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:56 pm

I think that two losses to Harvard in two seasons is unacceptable.

That being said, if Al Skinner is fired or calls it quits on his own, who here has any faith in Gene DeFillipo to make a great hire? Any young up and comers you can think of? Think again.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:05 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I think that two losses to Harvard in two seasons is unacceptable.

That being said, if Al Skinner is fired or calls it quits on his own, who here has any faith in Gene DeFillipo to make a great hire? Any young up and comers you can think of? Think again.

This is a moot point because unfortunately Gene will never fire Skinner. I really don't want Pat Duqette in there frankly. Strange suggestion but Jim Larranaga, the HC at George Mason would be a good choice but for the fact he's 58 years old.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I think that two losses to Harvard in two seasons is unacceptable.

This is a moot point because unfortunately Gene will never fire Skinner. I really don't want Pat Duqette in there frankly. Strange suggestion but Jim Larranaga, the HC at George Mason would be a good choice but for the fact he's 58 years old.

Jim Larranaga LOL. Why don't we just hire Tranq to two-time as OC and Head Basketball Coach.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

It's not happening sorry guys, didn't go to the game for the first time in 4 years and it's tough because I want to support the players but when them showing up is optional with no repercussions you have to look at the coach.

I just came back from the hockey game, could you imagine what York would do if a player dogged it on the ice? Let alone what the captains would do.

Personally I think if Skinner doesn't make a big run (read elite 8 or more) in either of these two years with this core he should be gone.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:38 pm

I said before the season that if we didn't make an Elite 8 run or better by next season, I'd be OK with it. I didn't want Skinner fired before tonight, and one game doesn't change that. No matter how godawful the game was in every respect.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:38 pm

You people are fucking lame. It's humorous though, keep it up tards.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You people are fucking lame. It's humorous though, keep it up tards.

Who exactly are you addressing?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You people are fucking lame. It's humorous though, keep it up tards.

You are the fucking tard who can't come up a legitimate reason with why you excruciate the football staff yet accept not moving past the Sweet 16 in Hoops. Please differentiate. And don't say because Al won a regular season championship. The only thing that matters is March. MERRYMAN.
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:46 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:By the way, I am friends with many prominent refs around the NCAA and they are baffled at Skinner's "coaching." So it's not just BC fans who hold him in such poor regards.

This is the most telling, and best basketball post in 7 years and 20,000 posts. I bow to Radnor 15.

Al was successful in the past becasue he had two great X and O coaches who became head coaches at bad basketball programs.

Al Skinner does not recruit, nor does he care.

Reading these threads tonight, all should be printed and read aloud to GDF after someone kidnaps him and makes him listen and tapes his eyelids open and ties him down.

The basketball anaylsis was great. Too bad our genius falls on deaf ears and worse, ears that couldn't give a shit.

Look at the Trapani usage, Biko can't defend or shoot, the same defense on a guys who was en fuego? Look at that stuff you guys posted that Al should be making in game adjustments along with free throw shooting practice and shooting drills?

Pitino is up and screaming like Gary Williams all game long,

Al is sitting like a lazy toad modeling Eastern clothing.

Hockey School...now yes. we are only a Hockey School.

AL SKINNER ---SITTING IN THE BIG COMFY EASY CHAIR!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:48 pm

And by the way, so you all know, I voted 'no' in my own poll. I say no because I'm not sure I trust Gene to find an acceptable replacement and I'd give Al to the end of the year to redeem this start.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:50 pm

15Radnor {l Wrote}:

You are the fucking tard who can't come up a legitimate reason with why you excruciate the football staff yet accept not moving past the Sweet 16 in Hoops. Please differentiate. And don't say because Al won a regular season championship. The only thing that matters is March. MERRYMAN.

Because football is not hoop. Only a fucking retard would try to compare the two. Fuck Roy Williams and his national title, he LOST TO SANTA CLARA THAT YEAR! There are 320+ hoop teams, only 120 football, and of those 120, 60+ are terrible. Half of all football teams make bowls. 64 of 320 make the tourney. Of the 145 or so legit hoop programs, about 36 or so can make the tourney. Basketball is a 5 man game. One injury can fuck your season. You can't afford misses in recruiting because you have only 12 schollies total as opposed to 20-25 per year.

And Al won 2 regular season titles and a BE tourney title, 3 things the football team has never done. BC consistently finishes in the top of the best big conference in America (the football team might be in the worst, by the way).

Go work on your blog.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 15Radnor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
15Radnor {l Wrote}:

Because football is not hoop. Only a fucking retard would try to compare the two. Fuck Roy Williams and his national title, he LOST TO SANTA CLARA THAT YEAR! There are 320+ hoop teams, only 120 football, and of those 120, 60+ are terrible. Half of all football teams make bowls. 64 of 320 make the tourney. Of the 145 or so legit hoop programs, about 36 or so can make the tourney. Basketball is a 5 man game. One injury can fuck your season. You can't afford misses in recruiting because you have only 12 schollies total as opposed to 20-25 per year.

And Al won 2 regular season titles and a BE tourney title, 3 things the football team has never done. BC consistently finishes in the top of the best big conference in America (the football team might be in the worst, by the way).

Go work on your blog.

Why am I comparing the two, MERRYMAN? Because the school's motto is "Ever to Excel" and that means postseason results are the only things that matter. In this case, neither the football program nor basketball program have had them; yet you kill the football program for mediocrity and accept the mediocrity of the basketball program. If you can't see the parellels and hypocrisy in that, than you are clearly an idiot.

You killed Toby for not making adjustments. Yet you fellate Al despite his lack of adjustments. If you can't see the parallels and hypocrisy in that, you are clearly an idiot.

12 Years, MERRYMAN. No further than the Sweet 16 in 12 Years. The school's motto is "EVER TO EXCEL." That equals 12 misses.

If this is 10 years or less, I would agree with you. But this is his 13th YEAR.

NO RESULTS IN MARCH!

MARCH MATTERS ONLY!

TIME TO MOVE ON!
Last edited by 15Radnor on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Al Skinner does not recruit, nor does he care.

Al deserves a lot of criticism, but calling him a bad recruiter is all kinds of wrong.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bosa90 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
15Radnor {l Wrote}:

Go work on your blog.

I would amplify - the ACC is and was the best hoops conference in the country. Since joining the conference, only Duke and UNC have better conference records than BC.

Congrats to the grand wizard for getting so many of you to foam at the mouth.

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum