Enough is enough

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Enough is enough

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

2 years in a row we lose to FUCKING Harvard. In the first 9 games of the season we have now lost to Harvard, St. Joe's, and N. Iowa. Time for Al to go. This team is going nowhere this year.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: Enough is enough

Postby Sach33 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Ya Al missed throws free throws and all those open shots tonight. Maybe this team just isnt as good as everyone thought.
Sach33
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Sach33 {l Wrote}:Ya Al missed throws free throws and all those open shots tonight. Maybe this team just isnt as good as everyone thought.

Al didn't adjust one fucking bit. We are down by 8 with 6 minutes left and they isolate Lin every fucking time down the court, yet Al plays the EXACT same fucking defense that hasn't worked the whole fucking half. Great coaching. And I agree - this team isn't very good. But they should still beat Harvard.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby holycross87 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Harvard is actually pretty decent this year...UConn only beat them by 6 the other day....I'm really not surprised by tonight's outcome.
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:06 pm

holycross87 {l Wrote}:Harvard is actually pretty decent this year...UConn only beat them by 6 the other day....I'm really not surprised by tonight's outcome.

I was waiting for someone to post the "Harvard is good this year". We should never lose to Harvard, ever but for absolutely inferior coaching.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby holycross87 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:14 pm

No, an ACC school should never lose to an Ivy...but this may be the best Harvard team in their long (mostly futile) hoop history. Lin was the best player on the floor tonight and some of the recruits Amaker has brought in the last couple of years are very solid players. The better team won tonight.
holycross87
Carney Hall

Postby ryrob on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:16 pm

holycross87 {l Wrote}:No, an ACC school should never lose to an Ivy...but this may be the best Harvard team in their long (mostly futile) hoop history. Lin was the best player on the floor tonight and some of the recruits Amaker has brought in the last couple of years are very solid players. The better team won tonight.

Sadly enough, this might be true. Outside of Lin, BC has more talent without question.

A better TEAM though? Harvard and it's not close. A team that hustles, rebounds well beyond its height, makes free throws, plays defense (can you think of more than 1 uncontested BC shot?), and has a COACHING GAMEPLAN. All things that BC lacks.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby auggiebc on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:20 pm

This team didn't make any layups and they missed half their foul shots during crunch time. That's on the players.

Al didn't adjust his defense to stop Lin. Teddy Sirandis and Bill were perplexed. We all were perplexed. That's on Al.

Al satTrap, his only hot offensive player for what, 7 minutes (the only fucking guy who could score tonight) during the 2nd half. That's on Al.

The blame pie just exploded.

I did notice how frustrated both Teddy and Bill were during the broadcast. Much more than ususal, especially Bill. He made a few comments about how this team can't make "bunny layups" and how Southern was getting abused defensively. But especially regarding Al's decision not to adjust on the defensive end of the floor.
auggiebc
Campion Hall

Postby bosa90 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:2 years in a row we lose to FUCKING Harvard. In the first 9 games of the season we have now lost to Harvard, St. Joe's, and N. Iowa. Time for Al to go. This team is going nowhere this year.

"other than the fact that I like Al and don't want him fired, nice post" - eagleojdom, the drunktard, circa two days ago

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:28 pm

OJ must have at least 50 posts tonight. He's almost half way to 81's rate.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
holycross87 {l Wrote}:No, an ACC school should never lose to an Ivy...but this may be the best Harvard team in their long (mostly futile) hoop history. Lin was the best player on the floor tonight and some of the recruits Amaker has brought in the last couple of years are very solid players. The better team won tonight.

Sadly enough, this might be true. Outside of Lin, BC has more talent without question.

A better TEAM though? Harvard and it's not close. A team that hustles, rebounds well beyond its height, makes free throws, plays defense (can you think of more than 1 uncontested BC shot?), and has a COACHING GAMEPLAN. All things that BC lacks.

This part is mystifying. The U of M contingent of my family saw Amaker as a coaching retard who couldn't be fired fast enough. Now he's getting it done at Harvard. And say it with me, BC has a losing streak going against Tommy Amaker and Harvard.

gross.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:04 pm

If harvard is on the schedule next year....... :gun :suicide :gun :suicide
BC923
Merkert Hall

Return to Conte Forum