Rakim to Return vs. Rhody

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Rakim to Return vs. Rhody

Postby Chilltown on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Per Jeff Goodman on FoxSports.com http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2009/12/07/bc_winning_despite_sanders_scoreless_on_season:

"Sanders told me he'll likely return Sunday against Rhode Island. "

Another interesting observation from Goodman (who, like Andy Katz, is a MSM guy who pays particular attention to BC):

"There's no question that the chemistry of the team is improved without Tyrese Rice, but the Eagles have still managed to squander hefty leads in the last few games – an area that Rice had taken care of in the past due to his aggressiveness and killer instinct."
Chilltown
n00b

Re: Rakim to Return vs. Rhody

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Chilltown {l Wrote}:"There's no question that the chemistry of the team is improved without Tyrese Rice, but the Eagles have still managed to squander hefty leads in the last few games – an area that Rice had taken care of in the past due to his aggressiveness and killer instinct."

Yup. Chemistry is great but we still need a go-to guy at the end. And that's why Rakim returning is great news.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Fact is, Jackson can fill that role, but he is not quite a team leader yet. Need Rakim because you know the rest of the team will expect him to step up down the stretch.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Sanders may be a go-to guy, but I'm not sure how much of a leader he is.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:45 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that Biko is the leader of this team.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Sanders may be a go-to guy, but I'm not sure how much of a leader he is.

The guy that the team looks to to score the points down the stretch is a de facto leader. By definition, they follow his lead. I am talking on the court, not off it. There is a huge difference between a leader and a captain. A captain can be a marginal contributor, like oh, say, Roche. A leader is the guy that puts his team on his back. Only two guys on this team are even capable, although Raji and Trapani can do it in some short spurts.

Jason Varitek = Captain

David Ortiz = Leader.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:Sanders may be a go-to guy, but I'm not sure how much of a leader he is.

The guy that the team looks to to score the points down the stretch is a de facto leader. By definition, they follow his lead. I am talking on the court, not off it. There is a huge difference between a leader and a captain. A captain can be a marginal contributor, like oh, say, Roche. A leader is the guy that puts his team on his back. Only two guys on this team are even capable, although Raji and Trapani can do it in some short spurts.

Jason Varitek = Captain

David Ortiz = Leader.

Are we going to do the whole 'shit on the best player on the team' thing again? Again? I hate this bush-league Philadelphia fan level crap. Why is Sanders not a leader? Cause he sat out with a sprained ankle? What info do you have that he's not a leader? Do you talk to people on the team? Are you on campus? You have no idea. I have no idea. All we have is what we see on TV. So it's probably the same logic you applied when you say Al isn't a good coach cause he doesn't scream at the refs and pace up and down the floor.

teddy, this is obviously not directed at you. Eagledom is on ignore, so I only saw his quote when you quoted it. I just hate this crap
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:55 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Eagledom is on ignore

Is ignoring a mod-only function (like the super-secret message boards), or am I just to stupid to figure out how to do it?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Eagledom is on ignore

Is ignoring a mod-only function (like the super-secret message boards), or am I just to stupid to figure out how to do it?

It's the 'Add Foe' function when you click on their name.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan12 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Skinner said that Sanders has matured. and Rakim even said in an interview that he knows what he needs to do to win with this team. it shouldnt be a debate whether or not hes a leader
@WarrenLent
bestdaysat.blogspot.com
Supahfan12
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:34 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jason Varitek = Captain

David Ortiz = Leader.

So it's probably the same logic you applied when you say Al isn't a good coach cause he doesn't scream at the refs and pace up and down the floor.

I have never thought that, let alone posted anything even remotely close to that, so fuck you. I am glad I am on ignore, so I don't have to see your idiotic posts where you just make up shit like this and throw it into your posts.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jason Varitek = Captain

David Ortiz = Leader.

By that definition, Tyrese Rice was a leader. And any definition that categorizes Rice as a leader is wrong.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Chilltown on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I think it's pretty obvious that Biko is the leader of this team.

I agree. This came through loud and clear down the stretch against Miami. Jackson deferred to him (for better or worse) on handling the ball and triggering the offense, and when he made a key layup, he fired up the rest of the guys on the floor. Now if only he would have confidence in his own shot...

By the way, Claver, do you know if that was Raji's brother who was sitting courtside opposite the BC bench and was going crazy in the 2nd half?
Chilltown
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Chilltown {l Wrote}:I agree. This came through loud and clear down the stretch against Miami. Jackson deferred to him (for better or worse) on handling the ball and triggering the offense, and when he made a key layup, he fired up the rest of the guys on the floor. Now if only he would have confidence in his own shot...

By the way, Claver, do you know if that was Raji's brother who was sitting courtside opposite the BC bench and was going crazy in the 2nd half?

Didn't notice the person who you were referencing, I'll be on the lookout at future games.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Chilltown {l Wrote}:I agree. This came through loud and clear down the stretch against Miami. Jackson deferred to him (for better or worse) on handling the ball and triggering the offense, and when he made a key layup, he fired up the rest of the guys on the floor. Now if only he would have confidence in his own shot...

Didn't notice the person who you were referencing, I'll be on the lookout at future games.

Is there a 3rd Raji? If he plays hockey, the Raji family could complete the trifecta.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:52 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Is there a 3rd Raji? If he plays hockey, the Raji family could complete the trifecta.

On his bio it says Corey is the middle of 3, but no reference to guy or girl
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:35 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jason Varitek = Captain

David Ortiz = Leader.

By that definition, Tyrese Rice was a leader. And any definition that categorizes Rice as a leader is wrong.

I have been the first to say that the team would be better without Rice. But he was an on court leader - he was the guy to take the big shot, at least until last year. He was never "captain" material though, an overrated, off the court, title that often describes someone that is rah rah or smart to make up for a lack of talent. A leader is a guy that leads on the court. Troy Bell for example - not really the classic captain, he was always the leader of the BC team on the court.

There are certainly other ways to lead on the court as well - I agree that Biko can be an on court leader of this team despite not scoring because he has the ball in his hands. Louis Hinnant and Howard Eisley were leaders in this manner. Rice failed in this regard, so there is a legitimate criticism there. But even when Hinnant was one of the leaders of the team, Craig Smith was also a leader because he put the team on his back at times. Same goes for Dudley. That is what I am talking about with Sanders.

I could give a shit if a guy is a "leader in the clubhouse". Talk to me about whether he is the guy that is going to take a big shot or the guy that sets the tone at the point. Biko, Reggie and Sanders are the leaders. The guys that work hard in practice, get the team motivated, etc. are "captains" - like Roche.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm

This is fantastic news, because Rhode Island is actually quite good.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Return to Conte Forum