Is Reggie Jackson....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Is Reggie Jackson....

Postby DrJackRyan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Just got back from the game....

Is Reggie Jackson the most "athletic" basketball player ever to suit up for BC? The guy is just amazing.

Obviously, the dunk was incredible and never should have been called a charge.

But there were other moments where he just seemed to be on another level from the other folks on the floor. There was a rebound near the end of the first half that bounded back to around the top of the key. Jackson jumped to get it and was literally head and shoulders above every other player. I have never seen anyone jump that high.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Is Reggie Jackson....

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:27 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Just got back from the game....

Is Reggie Jackson the most "athletic" basketball player ever to suit up for BC? The guy is just amazing.

But there were other moments where he just seemed to be on another level from the other folks on the floor. There was a rebound near the end of the first half that bounded back to around the top of the key. Jackson jumped to get it and was literally head and shoulders above every other player. I have never seen anyone jump that high.

In my limited experience (2000 on) yes.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Just got back from the game....

Other than Danya Abrams, yes.

Ooops, I meant Gerrod Abram
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm

I actually had a pleasant exchange with a ref (not sure if it was one who made the call) during the TO immediately after that.

They were showing the replay on the Jerry Jones scoreboard, I pointed up to it, he watched it. He looked back at me and I made a motion of the defender sliding into position he shakes his head and said it was a good call.

SWOFXCKFORD!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMcG on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Troy Bell gets my vote.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:38 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:Troy Bell gets my vote.

this is a joke, right? Troy Bell was a great scorer, but he wasn't more athletic than reggie.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Bell was a great athlete. Pretty quick, great balance. But he wasn't driving to the lane and throwing down or swooping in on the weak side to snag a board out from an opposing big like Reggie does.

Sidney was pretty athletic. **** ******** made his career out of being a freakish athlete alone. Hell, Marquez Haynes was a great athlete. But of those guys, only Bell had the basketball acumen to go along with his physical ability. Reggie's got it, too. He is going to be awesome these next few seasons.

EDIT: out of sight, out of mind. I forgot Sanders. And he's got the bball acumen. We could be watching two of themost uniquely gifted hoops players to come here. And side by side, too.
Last edited by b0mberMan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:39 pm

If you are talking best all around athlete, its probably Sanders or Bell. If you are talking leapers, it is definitely Jackson or :seanwilliams
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMcG on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

this is a joke, right? Troy Bell was a great scorer, but he wasn't more athletic than reggie.

No I am not joking.

I like BC basketball, but what I like more is making judgments based on evidence.

Draft Rumors: Bell draft's top athlete
By Chad Ford
NBA Insider
Send an Email to Chad Ford Monday, June 16
Updated: June 16
11:55 AM ET

Results of the physical testing done at the NBA's Chicago combine are in, and Boston College's Troy Bell is at the top of the list.

Insider obtained an exclusive copy of the confidential report this weekend.

Among all players tested, Bell ranked second in vertical jump (41 inches), second in the 3/4-court run (3.06 seconds) and bench pressed the 185-pound bar an impressive 17 times. His combined total score of 299.0477 ranked him far and away the best athlete in the draft.
The next closest player was Ohio's Brandon Hunter who scored 290.1428.

Ball State's Theron Smith, Wisconsin's Kirk Penney, Texas Tech's Andre Emmett, San Diego's Jason Keep, Mississippi State's Derrick Zimmerman, Washington Doug Wrenn, Cincinnati's Donald Little and BYU's Travis Hansen rounded out the top 10.

Of the top prospects tested, Dwyane Wade finished 14th, Kirk Hinrich 20th, Josh Howard 22nd, Carmelo Anthony 38th, Darko Milicic 41st, T.J. Ford 44th, Chris Kaman 45th, Chris Bosh 51st, Nick Collison 54th, David West 61st, Luke Ridnour 63rd, Brian Cook 68th, Mike Sweetney 70th and Pavel Podkolzine 76th.

While NBA teams don't rely on combine results to nearly the extent that NFL teams do, it can be an important factor in the draft process.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:07 pm

At this point I'm inclined to agree. Bell didn't make the jump-out-of-the-gym type plays like Reggie made tonight, but he was incredibly agile, had great body control, and his hand-eye coordination was off the charts. But it might just be because Bell was a much better ball handler. It's easier to show how quick/balanced you are when you know the ball will still be there when you move.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If you are talking best all around athlete, its probably Sanders or Bell. If you are talking leapers, it is definitely Jackson or :seanwilliams

Like I said.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If you are talking best all around athlete, its probably Sanders or Bell. If you are talking leapers, it is definitely Jackson or :seanwilliams

Like I said.

I don't disagree, but if we're talking pure leapers, I'm appalled that no one has mentioned Jon Beerbohm. He built an entire career out of the backpick-alleyoop and lob from out of bounds.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:21 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Like I said.

I don't disagree, but if we're talking pure leapers, I'm appalled that no one has mentioned Jon Beerbohm. He built an entire career out of the backpick-alleyoop and lob from out of bounds.

That and an on-air marriage proposal from Dickey V during the tourney
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Chicken Patties on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I actually had a pleasant exchange with a ref (not sure if it was one who made the call) during the TO immediately after that.

They were showing the replay on the Jerry Jones scoreboard, I pointed up to it, he watched it. He looked back at me and I made a motion of the defender sliding into position he shakes his head and said it was a good call.

SWOFXCKFORD!

Nice work. I saw the refs (the two white guys) on the baseline watching the replay. I was also shocked they showed it 3 times.
Chicken Patties
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:32 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Like I said.

Wait, didn't he play for Al? Read that again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby tailgater94 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 pm

I too was shocked they showed the replay of the blown call on the Reggie dunk 3 times. Not only that, but after the 3rd replay, the video screen showed the ref the blew the call for an extended period of time while everyone booed and screamed at the guy for effing up the call.

They NEVER replay controversial calls on the in-stadium video board at the college level.
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 pm

I too was shocked they showed the replay of the blown call on the Reggie dunk 3 times. Not only that, but after the 3rd replay, the video screen showed the ref the blew the call for an extended period of time while everyone booed and screamed at the guy for effing up the call.

They NEVER replay controversial calls on the in-stadium video board at the college level.
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Two words: Ludmil Hajisaterov.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:19 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

No I am not joking.

I like BC basketball, but what I like more is making judgments based on evidence.

Draft Rumors: Bell draft's top athlete
By Chad Ford
NBA Insider
Send an Email to Chad Ford Monday, June 16
Updated: June 16
11:55 AM ET

Results of the physical testing done at the NBA's Chicago combine are in, and Boston College's Troy Bell is at the top of the list.

Insider obtained an exclusive copy of the confidential report this weekend.

Among all players tested, Bell ranked second in vertical jump (41 inches), second in the 3/4-court run (3.06 seconds) and bench pressed the 185-pound bar an impressive 17 times. His combined total score of 299.0477 ranked him far and away the best athlete in the draft.
The next closest player was Ohio's Brandon Hunter who scored 290.1428.

Ball State's Theron Smith, Wisconsin's Kirk Penney, Texas Tech's Andre Emmett, San Diego's Jason Keep, Mississippi State's Derrick Zimmerman, Washington Doug Wrenn, Cincinnati's Donald Little and BYU's Travis Hansen rounded out the top 10.

Of the top prospects tested, Dwyane Wade finished 14th, Kirk Hinrich 20th, Josh Howard 22nd, Carmelo Anthony 38th, Darko Milicic 41st, T.J. Ford 44th, Chris Kaman 45th, Chris Bosh 51st, Nick Collison 54th, David West 61st, Luke Ridnour 63rd, Brian Cook 68th, Mike Sweetney 70th and Pavel Podkolzine 76th.

While NBA teams don't rely on combine results to nearly the extent that NFL teams do, it can be an important factor in the draft process.

This is classic OJ, he calls you a schmuck, you provide evidence to the contrary and OJ completely ignores it. OJ - you suck donkey dick.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum