Skinner Coaching in the NBA Someday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Skinner Coaching in the NBA Someday

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:39 pm

eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Skinner Coaching in the NBA Someday

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:56 pm

I think Al will be fired by GDF for there being an article that even mentions that BC Basketball wouldn't be the last job for Al.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMcG on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:26 pm

I like Al a lot and I am appreciative for all that he has done at BC. That said, if he has the opportunity to get an NBA job, he should go after it. He's much better suited for the NBA.

It would be interested, though, in how Gene would respond. I suspect that he would differentiate the situations based on the fact that Jags was there for 2 years and Skinner's been here for 13. He wants coaches that see BC as a long-term position and Al has given that to BC.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:53 pm

When?
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:14 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:I like Al a lot and I am appreciative for all that he has done at BC. That said, if he has the opportunity to get an NBA job, he should go after it. He's much better suited for the NBA.

It would be interested, though, in how Gene would respond. I suspect that he would differentiate the situations based on the fact that Jags was there for 2 years and Skinner's been here for 13. He wants coaches that see BC as a long-term position and Al has given that to BC.

Gene would wish him well. Mostly for the reason you stated, but also because Gene isn't nearly as passionate about basketball as he is about football. He just wouldn't care as much.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Assuming Al had any interest in leaving, which he doesn't, Gene wouldn't be mad at a guy that gave him 13 very good years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:24 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
BCMcG {l Wrote}:I like Al a lot and I am appreciative for all that he has done at BC. That said, if he has the opportunity to get an NBA job, he should go after it. He's much better suited for the NBA.

Gene would wish him well. Mostly for the reason you stated, but also because Gene isn't nearly as passionate about basketball as he is about football. He just wouldn't care as much.

Doubtful that Al would lie to GDF's face if he was going on an interview; he's far too classy to do something like that. Also, Gene and Al don't share a bubble bath every night like Jags and him did.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum