GAMETHREAD: THE U VS. BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: GAMETHREAD: THE U VS. BC

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:15 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:What a bunch of pussy flagwavers around these parts. Game.

Directed at you Regal. A fucking men.

Surprised you didn't post that on your super secret forum.

That was a shit effort down the stretch and they almost gave the game away to a shitty team. Al's a horrible in-game coach, Southern looked like a stiff, and BC's lucky Jackson took control at the end.

Miami is not a shitty team. Any ACC win is just fine by me. How are they "lucky" Jackson took over? Jackson taking over is part of the game plan. What a bunch of losers, though - right?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:great first 30 minutes. Horrible job at the end. Great job by Reggie and Corey Raji. Overall, I'll take the win.

And by the way, anyone who argued with me that Southern does not suck...watch the 2nd half again.

I haven't seen too many people arguing that he doesn't suck nor arguing that hes good.

We just aren't burning crosses outside his room in Edmonds, juice.

go back a few pages then. TWB thinks he's very good.

Go and fucking learn something about basketball before you start spouting off on this board.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Post Game show on the radio saying the crowd was good....How did it look/sound on TV? Asst Coach also said he expects Rakim back on Wednesday against mighty Harvard
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:16 pm

And as expected, Regal is going on a negative karma binge against me. You are a TOTAL loser.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:great first 30 minutes. Horrible job at the end. Great job by Reggie and Corey Raji. Overall, I'll take the win.

And by the way, anyone who argued with me that Southern does not suck...watch the 2nd half again.

I haven't seen too many people arguing that he doesn't suck nor arguing that hes good.

I think he is a good rebounder and an excellent low post defense. I think he isn't getting caught on the perimeter fouling guards this season. I think he is soft as hell on offense, and it is too bad because he could be a force.

I also think that the whole team misses too many layups and free throws, that Trapani and Raji are not good enough to carry the team in crunch time, that Jackson and Sanders clearly are, and that OJ sucks worse as Eagledom than he did as OJ.

AMEN to that Teddy. One more thing, Southern distributes the ball very well from the high post where he is expected to pass the ball. I think he could be a lot better if he got more aggressive on offense.
Last edited by Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Bottom line is that they shot 35% yet still found a way to win against an ACC team. Obviously I'd prefer they win by 70. Some of you are just miserable people and it shows through and through.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

I think he is a good rebounder and an excellent low post defense. I think he isn't getting caught on the perimeter fouling guards this season. I think he is soft as hell on offense, and it is too bad because he could be a force.

I also think that the whole team misses too many layups and free throws, that Trapani and Raji are not good enough to carry the team in crunch time, that Jackson and Sanders clearly are, and that OJ sucks worse as Eagledom than he did as OJ.

AMEN to that Teddy. One more thing, Sanders distributes the ball very well from the high post where he is expected to pass the ball. I think he could be a lot better if he got more aggressive on offense.

Sanders or Southern? I doubt Sanders will be in the high post much this season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:23 pm

If we're unable to put games away after Sanders comes back, then I'll be worried. Right now, the last two endings are disappointing, and this one was closer than the last one (with a little help on that charging call).

I get frustrated when we go back to the '4 guys standing around watching the PG' offense late in the game in an effort to kill clock, because our guys then rush their passes and don't get good looks or turn it over.

Ripping on BC big men seems to be an annual tradition here. Is Southern great? No. But he does some things well and I think teddy outlined it pretty well. I think some people still grab to this idea that you need a dominant low post stud to win in college and that's one way, but those guys are rare and most teams don't win that way.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:23 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Image

Just sayin'.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

AMEN to that Teddy. One more thing, Sanders distributes the ball very well from the high post where he is expected to pass the ball. I think he could be a lot better if he got more aggressive on offense.

Sanders or Southern? I doubt Sanders will be in the high post much this season.

Yep, I meant Southern, I'll fix it.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Image

Just sayin'.

That means the game was getting ugly. How is that flag waving or calling the team a bunch of losers?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Pedro is not a flag waiver. He is an optimist. Branchinator and Regal waived the flags. Understandable, yet lame. Like I said, Reggie was going to take over.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EaglesTalon on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:30 pm

I honestly believe that people are rooting against BC so they can complain about BC losing.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby h2o on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:58 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I honestly believe that people are rooting against BC so they can complain about BC losing.

I'd like to think this is not true but, I think it is. Specifically with fb, not so much hoops.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Reggie Jackson..replace Biko at point?

Your thoughts??
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:05 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Reggie Jackson..replace Biko at point?

Your thoughts??

No chance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:06 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Reggie Jackson..replace Biko at point?

Your thoughts??

this would be a stupid, stupid move. Jackson is a two guard, and biko is an effective PG in this system. It would hurt the team and jackson's production. He is also one of our better rebounders - that would be eliminated if he were at the point. I can't think of one reson this would be a good move.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Thoughts on the game:

1. The crowd was pretty loud and into it.
2. Southern sucked today and has for a while. He plays with no fire.
3. Questionable decision by Al midway through the second half when Biko was playing well and he took him out.
4. Corey Raji still needs to make a hell of a lot more layups under the basket. He's looking better but he would be averaging at least 15 a game if he could make those and some free throws.
5. Ravanel must really be in the doghouse.
6. Trapani played awful.
7. Reggie's dunk was the best move I have ever seen. I was literally 8 feet away and I got my money's worth from that alone.
8. How about some inbound plays Al? (I know this is nothing new)
9. Reggie should not replace Biko at PG. It would be a huge mistake.
10. This team is going to be scary when the lineup is Biko, Reggie, Raji, Rakim and someone else.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:41 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Thoughts on the game:

1. The crowd was pretty loud and into it.
2. Southern sucked today and has for a while. He plays with no fire.
3. Questionable decision by Al midway through the second half when Biko was playing well and he took him out.
4. Corey Raji still needs to make a hell of a lot more layups under the basket. He's looking better but he would be averaging at least 15 a game if he could make those and some free throws.
6. Trapani played awful.
7. Reggie's dunk was the best move I have ever seen. I was literally 8 feet away and I got my money's worth from that alone.
8. How about some inbound plays Al? (I know this is nothing new)
9. Reggie should not replace Biko at PG. It would be a huge mistake.
10. This team is going to be scary when the lineup is Biko, Reggie, Raji, Rakim and someone else.

1) Whalepants were actually vocal in the 2nd half, I was shocked
2) He and Trap were getting absolutely mauled down low with no calls
3) Need multiple ball handlers on the floor when they turn up the press, Elmore just doesn't cut it as a viable option
4) He has gotten better but I want to see him make them during ACC play, he is averaging more than 16 a game
5) Grades time is coming around...
6) Trap has been so far this year, weird
7) Unreal and combined with that rebound, crazy
8) They are improved but can be much better.
9) Agree
10) Agree
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Whitechapel on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Wolfpack fan here, caught most of the game. Typical night in the ACC.

The charging call on that dunk was a friggin' crime. That thundercrunch facial should be going into the ACC Archives of Ridiculous Spectacles (this actually exists -- in Bessemer City, NC by the way). Instead it will just go down as an offensive foul. Pity.

Oh, and ANY ACC win is a good win. Y'all should know that by now.
Whitechapel
n00b

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:56 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Ohh, I forgot to mention that I love that Al wins the award for the most unused timeouts in the entire NCAA. That POS is fucking clueless when it comes to using a timely Timeout to gather the team, set up some plays, and get them back on track. Fucking horsemouth.

This was not a very nice thing to say. I'm embarrassed.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Whitechapel {l Wrote}:That thundercrunch facial should be going into the ACC Archives of Ridiculous Spectacles (this actually exists -- in Bessemer City, NC by the way).

Road trip!!! Who wants to take an RV trip to greater Gastonia?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:47 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Thoughts on the game:

Now if you listened to the broadcast, you would know he jacked up a few threes in the 1st half.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby IWentToBC09 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:49 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
Whitechapel {l Wrote}:That thundercrunch facial should be going into the ACC Archives of Ridiculous Spectacles (this actually exists -- in Bessemer City, NC by the way).

Road trip!!! Who wants to take an RV trip to greater Gastonia?

I'm in. How does January 13th sound? If we throw enough money down, we might actually even get in the game.
IWentToBC09
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:10 am

Another win, another OJ disappearance, see you Wednesday!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Previous